Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello, This item is in stock and ready to ship. Application: D3 Pulley Kit for STS-V Includes: Harmonic Balancer, Belt, ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley

Hello,
    This item is in stock and ready to ship.

Application:

D3 Pulley Kit for STS-V

Includes: Harmonic Balancer, Belt, Bolt & Pulley.

PN# 5201500: +2PSI (+/- 30HP)

The D3 balancer has been designed and engineered from the factory blueprints. Weight has been drastically reduced by 2 lbs with our CAD designed crank pulley, lightest on the market.

This item is precision engineered and manufactured on a CNC machine while maintaining factory tolerances and specifications via factory blueprints and is SFI approved. Using only the finest materials and highest level of quality, we have been able to bring forth a Cadillac quality aftermarket balancer for your STS-V.

A little ear candy...

Please let us know if there are any questions or for more information visit http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/d3-pulley-kit .

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley

Price?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

MSRP: $1050
    Complete with all required hardware, new crank bolt, proper sized belt, outer pulley hardware.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Price?

jmak135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

The crank pulley that u have do u manufacture it in house ?

rubber2burn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts-v

no way do these guys have the ability to mfg, belts in house. I could make pullys too on my machining centers for half of that!

I didnt want to beat anyone down. I thought that price was outragous 2 the oe pulley part # 12603533 is only 130. from the dealer it must be dipped in gold lol im sure it works though.

rubber2burn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts-v

Dollar to HP, this sounds like it would be one of the more better add ons next to that new CAI that is comming out . Although they do claim + or - 30 HP gain?? I would hope for some numbers to show +30 HP before I bought. @2PSI why not just the supercharger pully and belt?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by rubber2burn View Post
    Dollar to HP, this sounds like it would be one of the more better add ons next to that new CAI that is comming out . Although they do claim + or - 30 HP gain?? I would hope for some numbers to show +30 HP before I bought. @2PSI why not just the supercharger pully and belt?
    Because no one makes it. The factory is already so small that the snout would need to be turned and D3 claims they worked on one way back when and the gains did not justify the work required. Thus why they made a crank pulley setup.

I do love the Sting like a V video!!

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I wonder if the increased speed of the accessories will lead to early life failures of the AC Compressor, PS Pump or Alternator?

Bob

im sure the pulley for the accessories is the oe diameter and the blower pulley is just larger. please correct me if im wrong . its not described as an underdrive overdrive pulley.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by jmak135 View Post
    im sure the pulley for the accessories is the oe diameter and the blower pulley is just larger. please correct me if im wrong . its not described as an underdrive overdrive pulley.
    Your are correct. Its just for the Supercharger. The belt speed is not effected.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Good Gawd! $1,050??? Hold on while I catch my lunch I just swallowed. Anyway, sorry to be a critic...

I understand the concepts of the harmonic balancer. I've done underdrive harmonic balancer pullies on several vehicles (including my current GTO), and while it does rev quicker, I can't say it makes more HP. It also doesn't wear anything out (like the other accessories on the serpentine), any quicker (to your point Jmak). But why do you need to package a balancer with the pulley? About the only downside is that if you spend a lot of time in traffic. An underdrive pulley can cause some charging issues if subjected to a lot of idling time with a heavy load on it (such as lights, wipers, defog, etc). And to spin the blower faster, you'd want a SMALLER S/C pulley. I guess my point is, at the end of the day, I don't need a new harmonic balancer.

With that aside, what about a simple modular S/C pulley setup? basically a base hub you install on the S/C snout, and then have the ability to change pulley's in minutes. I loved being able to go from my street friendly 3.25" pulley, to a 3.0" or smaller pulley for the track on my GTP. All a 5 minute job(or less), just taking off the belt, undoing the retaining screws, swapping pulley's, and putting the belt back on.

you cant go any smaller on the sc pulley there is not enough belt surface to support it the belt will slip unless u make up some dual idler / tensioner pulley for both sides of the belt at the super charger and thats my thought
    also i think the balancer / accessorie / sc pulley are all cast as 1 on the oe design if it was that simple someone would have designed a bolt on sc crank pulley long ago

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Got it, didn't realize that there was no idler to take the slack out.

their is a tensioner to take out slack but with a smaller pulley which i dont think is very possible u would need somthing to apply pressure close to the sc so belt dont slip

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.