Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley in Cadillac V-Series Forums; $1k seems pretty expensive for a pulley and balancer. I understand the economies of scale here though working with such ...
    ABTsportsline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond STS

Re: Cadillac STS-V Boost Pulley

$1k seems pretty expensive for a pulley and balancer. I understand the economies of scale here though working with such a rare car, so the price of admission for parts goes up. Necessary evil I guess.

Dr. Design is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Competition is very good as it gives us an opportunity to show our products against others. If you are looking for a high quality product with repeatable performance guaranteed, then we have products that fit that description. Our products match the quality of the vehicle it is going on.

We are certain there will be some other products that might come on the market in due time that may or may not work for some of you. But we have been here since day one developing and blazing the trail when nobody else gave it any thought.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rubber2burn View Post
    Thank You for clarifying the WHP gains, I am just used to looking at blueprints all day and when it says pluss or minus .0001, that is "literally" what it means. That beeing said, dollar to WHP ratio, $1,000 seems like the best thing going for these V's at this time.

I totally agree with you that competition is a good thing and at the same time bad. Bad because it forces us manufacturers to get off our butts and give the consumer what they demand. Good because it drives cost down for consumers. It allows others to improve on existing ideas. It spurs creativity to improvre existing ideas and processes which allows manufacturers to reduce costs on products so those savings might ultimatly be passed onto the consumer. This I like most of all; as that it can allow for greater profit margins.
    Anyone else care to add to this list?
    I love the USA

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

I am sure you folks make excellent parts. Very nice facilities, but at what cost to your customers. Your inventory seem overpriced, You don't always ship all the necessary parts in a kit you sell. Case in point the lowering springs and bushing, that took the better part of a eight months to finely get all the parts together, and that was only after lots of phone calls, only to find out from another forum member that they were in stock. I wonder had we not fround out about them through the forum would you have shipped out the remaining parts. All indications suggests other wise. Some of parts showcased in you online catalog are not in stock. Or they were not when you first started your revised web site. What is most troubling here is you fail to finish up old business before starting new business. I have been begging, pleading, asking, whatever for you to conclude my service for close to a year, and there seems to be no end in site. All I get are promises, I hope you are going to do better with your new customers, certainly some of your past customers are very unhappy with the services they have recieved from D3 (YOU) The bays in you signature photos show you need the business. I wish you all the luck in the future, but please finsh what you have already started. I would love to go away, but not before I get what is due me in parts and service. That is the core of your business. You really need to deal with this problem before it reallly gets out of hand.
    Best to all
    Russell

Hello,
    We are sorry you feel this way about us and our services. If you would like to make it a point to imply that we ship out our products incomplete then you should also make it a point to show that we have taken care of anyone/everyone who did not receive complete shipments in the past.

As for our website. Unfortunately we do sell out of products from time to time. Therefore it would not be prudent to remove an item from the website each time a item goes on back order or is sold out. We move a very large amount of products and our website is not an e commerce site. It is simply an online catalog, this is why you do not see "buy now" or shopping carts on our site.

As for "Old" business, you were informed prior to our offices basically shutting down that we would be attending the SEMA show and that any and all maters would be addressed upon us returning from the show (which is effectively today). If you look at our track record, we have NEVER left ANY matter unaddressed and have always been accountable for anything that we have done. If you have an issue with D3 or a warranty, incomplete order, etc... rest assure it will be taken care just as soon as we can. We have respected your privacy and not discussed your maters publicly as that is not the right thing to do, even though you continually document what you believe is going on, without any response from us formally.

The point of the images of the bays is to show our capabilities, not to show that we are not busy. I don't know if that was a joke, but I figured we would address that as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions pertaining to the original topic. It is becoming pretty discouraging to post new products only to have old stuff not pertaining to the original topic completely derail our posts. This completely defeats the purpose of posting new products on these forums.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by cad08stsv View Post
    I am sure you folks make excellent parts. Very nice facilities, but at what cost to your customers. Your inventory seem overpriced, You don't always ship all the necessary parts in a kit you sell. Case in point the lowering springs and bushing, that took the better part of a eight months to finely get all the parts together, and that was only after lots of phone calls, only to find out from another forum member that they were in stock. I wonder had we not fround out about them through the forum would you have shipped out the remaining parts. All indications suggests other wise. Some of parts showcased in you online catalog are not in stock. Or they were not when you first started your revised web site. What is most troubling here is you fail to finish up old business before starting new business. I have been begging, pleading, asking, whatever for you to conclude my service for close to a year, and there seems to be no end in site. All I get are promises, I hope you are going to do better with your new customers, certainly some of your past customers are very unhappy with the services they have recieved from D3 (YOU) The bays in you signature photos show you need the business. I wish you all the luck in the future, but please finsh what you have already started. I would love to go away, but not before I get what is due me in parts and service. That is the core of your business. You really need to deal with this problem before it reallly gets out of hand.
    Best to all
    Russell

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

To reiterate what another forums members have said you (D3) really need to start posting prices and documented performance gains with the parts in your online catalog. Although you do not have an e-commerce site you can still post prices and expected gains for each part you sell. This is common practice for every other paying vendor on this website.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

The "original topic" is how can you expect customers to buy your products when you have so many documented cases of unsatisified customers?

STS-E is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I have to agree with the posters. I just got my STS-V and after reading EVERYONES complaints I will be very hesitant to purchases any D3 products. Word of mouth & online forums are BIG with car people. And from what I've read the service isn't good & the prices are sky high. Granted ever case is different, but you can't blame anyone for not taking other peoples opinions in order to not have a bad buying experience.

I also agree with the pricing of the products in regards to competitors. Coming from just spending $10,000+ upgrading my last cars engine I can tell you those prices are Sears tower HIGH. You already own the market, there really isn't any competitors for you. So obviously you can charge what you want (ie-what you're doing now). But why not have your product on everyones car? I guarantee you if you had better prices & better service you'd kill the sts-v market, & probably everyone that has a sts-v would have something of yours on their car. I know when I 1st seen your products I was impressed(granted you're the only one out there), but then after seeing your prices(had to wipe my lunch off the computer screen) & reading about the horror stories when buying from you, I would have to be crazy to buy anything from you. Otherwise you would already have my cc & be sending product my way! I know you have to make $$, feed your kids, pay for your bills/nice shop, etc., so I don't expect you to be selling your product for dirt cheap, but your prices are outrageous.

Just my $0.02

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I purchased my STS-V within the past year and found D3's website almost immediately. I was thrilled to see that there was a vendor that seemed to know what they were doing and had significant experience in working on strictly "higher end" vehicles. Even with the ABSURDLY high prices (which were once posted and now have been removed) I was ready to order parts for my vehicle with the understanding that I would be purchasing a "higher end" product with matching service...until I heard the horror stories about customer service followed by the fact that not a SINGLE one of my phone calls and emails to D3 was answered...EVER.

How do you expect to sell a product when you do not even collect orders let alone answer questions? How can you expect to generate positive publicity by posting advertisements on a forum where the most respected members have been shafted by you in the past? Worse yet, how do you expect to run a business without repeat business?

For my last vehicle I found a shop that had some of the best customer service I could ask for...they were a 1000 miles away from me and charged slightly more for their products but when it came time to place an order I went through them. The reason?...when I blew a radiator on Friday afternoon and called them to order one at 2pm I requested it get to me as soon as possible (1000 miles away) because it was my DD. They said they would do their best for me. Their best ended up having that radiator in my hands Saturday afternoon so I could repair the car over the weekend and not miss any work on Monday. They boxed, hand delivered to UPS and overnighted the package to me without additional cost. That shop collected more than $60K from me over 3 years for parts alone.

Your reputation is not going to fix itself overnight and posting ads for the same products that have been on your website for years is not going to appease the people that you have pissed off let alone come close to making things right. Take a proactive approach to contacting your customers to improve their satisfaction and finish what work you have started. Then maybe every new customer won't second guess ordering from you and you can EARN business.

Hello,
    Maybe we are not in tune with our complaint department, but I dont see how a few people that have/had issues, for whatever reasons they are, equals SOOO MANY complaints like everyone is making it out to be. Our phones ring off the hook throughout the day and even get flooded with phone calls through the weekend. Our email boxes are all filled overnight. If you have called or emailed and we have not called you back or emailed you back we do apologize. It is not our intent to ignore ANYONE. As mentioned before in other posts, we recently moved and changed our phone number. There was a period of time in which customer communication was severed unfortunately. But we are completely back online with full sales staff in place to take care of your needs and questions.

We understand we cannot satisfy everyone's price points and needs, etc... But we strive to address the majority of our customer base. To date we have (1) outstanding issue with a customer. All the other so called issues or any potential issue (i.e. customer didn't get shipped shock spacers, or customer didn't get colored instructions, customer was shipped 1 extra hose clamp, etc..) have all been taken care of. We are not perfect, but we are accountable. These forums have certainly changed since we first joined. Everyone is so eager to pull out their pitchforks and go raid the village when the first opportunity and make all their decisions based on what they heard or saw on the forums without really knowing completely what is going on. Everyone wants to pile on when the chance is right. The fact is, the people that are posting they had issues, we dont see those names in our PM box showing they had unresolved issues....

We took a chance investing a bunch of money when the STS-V came out in development, research, prototyping, testing, tooling, production, and marketing. We are still losing money in this market because the volume doesn't match the investment, but that's not your guys problem that's ours... Yet we still continue and support this market even though it is no longer in production. Now, we cant even highlight products without getting into a debate about "ALL THE HORROR STORIES".

We wanted to put fourth products that are indicative of what a Cadillac STS-V should be. Not some home depot intake specials or make shift products our of our garages. We figured the market would want a product with proper product liability insurance, front end customer service, after sale customer service, real tech support, pride of ownership, etc..

We are a work in progress and will continue to change the way we do business based on the times. If there are any questions in regards to our customer service or our business methods, please call us rather than rely on internet banter or hearsay, we all know that the internet doesnt always tell you the whole story...

If all we are going to get is people trying to continue and bash us and our products, then it would really start to defeat the purpose of being on this section of the forum.

Thanks,

D3

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

crowd control

choigilligan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I'm not sure I understand, most of you spent 40,000 to 75,000 for these cars and you're complaining about a part costing 1000.00 bucks that (maybe) gets you 30 hp, that isn't bad, that's 33 bucks a HP.

If you can't afford the part, or think it's too much you don't need to bitch about it, if you thinks it's overpriced vote with your wallet.

In terms of complaints about a company, who knows, maybe they sucked on a certain day, but I do know this, for every 100 happy customers, you might get 1 letter of praise, but for every unhappy customer you're definitely going to get lambasted on the internet. So D3 even if you're right and the customer is wrong suck it up and make that specific customer happy, it will come back to you ten fold.

I know that it's honestly crossed my mind about whether to purchase from you or not based on what I've read, think about that, in this day and age of forums you have to make sure your core group of customers can trust you, and even a little misinformation or dissatisfaction from an unhappy customer can cost you thousands.

I don't know Russell personally but his post is at the top of the list every week and every new V owner worth his salt is going to read his posts, and they are going to ask themselves this question, is this situation that he's having with D3 going to happen to me.

One other thing, list your prices, it makes you seem shady, plus if you guys are so busy with emails and calls this will save you quite a lot of time, and you'll be able to focus on other more important tasks, like making parts that will tear up my EVO 12's.

hiltonny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How difficult is this to install?

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have to say that I am disappointed to hear about all these negative experiences with D3. I was really hoping that this company would be a top-notch tuner for my premium car. Cadillac needs a signature tuner to help us enthusiasts keep up with Dinan Bimmers and AMG Benzs. I originally thought that D3 was the ticket. But at this point there's no way I would risk my money with the company's reputation as it is.

There is alot of complaining here and some of it is just nonsense coming from people who are frustrated...but there are some very valid points here. I can fully understand that D3 may not be able to get back to me the same day that I contact them about a purchase. I can imagine that they probably receive ridiculous amounts of emails and phone calls asking for prices (putting them back up on the site would help THAT aspect alot...HINT HINT), and details on products...and furthermore, probably only a small percentage of these calls and emails actually result in sales. I fully understand that. HOWEVER, once money is received by the company for a product, service from there on out needs to be PERFECT. D3 can charge the prices it is asking, as long as it delivers an absolute top-notch product with top-notch service to back it up. I'm driving a near $80k performance sedan, so i'm not about to complain about a few grand in performance parts...if you want to play at this level, you have to have the cash. But, when I spend that level of money...I expect impeccable service and quality. It sounds like I won't get that right now.

I'm really pulling for you D3, as i'm sure many here are. You appear to be our only hope, so please pull yourself back up to where you should be. I'll be waiting, and I look forward to the day that I can proudly show off my D3 products to everyone else's envy.

Hello,
    Install is pretty straight forward. Most people can install it without having to remove the radiator from the vehicle. We quote 6 hours for the install of the balancer/pulley install.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by hiltonny View Post
    How difficult is this to install?

Hello,
    Thank you all for the feedback. Despite what some people might think about us, we do welcome feedback. After all that is how we grow the brand and make it better. Weather all of things that have been said are true or not, it makes no difference. We are not going to stand on a soap box and yell to the world our problems and put peoples business on the internet. Some people choose to handle things that way and that is fine.

Unfortunately we don't have many ways to protect our image and brand when someone goes on a smudge campaign, but to then show that we are making strides and progress to make things even that much better. We are not interested in he said/she said stuff, we only care about making sure everything is good, our customers are happy, and moving forward. As someone already pointed out, nobody hears about all the good we do, but rather everyone bases their opinion on us from stuff over the internet blogs... Now people think that is how we do business all the time damaging the reputation we have tried to build over the years.

We will continue to prove over time that we have a solid business model, company structure, and superior product line. Maybe then, if people take the time to know our company, we will be able to gain back those customers that think we have a bad reputation.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.