Cadillac STS-V Lowering Springs - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Lowering Springs in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by jerrylsantos After doing some research I am unclear on the manufacturer of these springs. Are these B&G ...
    cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Re: Cadillac STS-V Lowering Springs

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylsantos View Post
    After doing some research I am unclear on the manufacturer of these springs.

Are these B&G springs, but distributed through D3?
    Are the spacers for the rear used to prevent the shocks from auto leveling?
    Jerry,
    The simple answer to that question is YES they do prevent the shocks from auto
    leveling. They are easy to install on the shocks. Good luck with your project.
    Russell

jerrylsantos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Thanks for the info.

Any insight on the manufacturer?

chrisoldf is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Jerry

These are B&G springs. I just finished installing them on my V. But I am having a spring noise on the left front??

Anybody order B&G (part#10.1.003) for our cars from another vendor? I am tempted to order elsewhere simply because D3 is out of stock at the moment.. The other vendors would have the springs shipped from B&G directly, and I have a feeling that the spacers would not be included.

Another member posted that D3 sold him just the spacers for $30 shipped, the rep i spoke with told me that he could not sell me the spacers separate from the springs. Aside from waiting for D3 to replenish their stock, is there any other means of getting a hold of some spacers/springs? It would be cheaper for me to order B&G springs separately from the spacers (if i could find some). Suggestions?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

The issue is that D3 has an exclusive on these springs and B&G will not sell them to anyone else. Even if you are a dealer you can't buy that part because of contractual agreements between B&G and D3. Even if you could get them B&G does not supply the spacers. So you would have to source them out or make a set yourself.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Correct - no one int he world can get those springs, except D3. Believe me, I tried for months.

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Correct - no one int he world can get those springs, except D3. Believe me, I tried for months.
    Haha. I just finished reading about your endeavors in a few different posts. Sorry for the dilemma you had to go through.

Looks like I have to wait till sometime next month. Hopefully they will let us know when they have them in stock, and maybe offer a deal. I am somewhat weary to "pre-order" with some of the mixed reviews of their ordering process.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.