Our "V's" are CAN compliant, correct?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Our "V's" are CAN compliant, correct? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I know it's a stupid question as by 2005, most GM vehicle's were, then by '06, all should be. Reason ...
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Our "V's" are CAN compliant, correct?

I know it's a stupid question as by 2005, most GM vehicle's were, then by '06, all should be.

Reason I ask. The other night I hooked up my Tech 2. Put my CANdii module in line, plugged it into the car, powered up, and the Tech 2 said "CANdii Module Installed"

Went to go into diagnostics as I wanted to check for non-MIL commanding DTC's, Pending DTC's, I/M statuses, etc, and all the sudden it kept telling me that my CANdii Module wasn't connected. No matter what I did, it wouldn't go through anything other then letting me scroll through menus.

It then sent my PCM, mainly the EBCM into a tizzy, setting ABS codes, with the info center telling me that "Service Brake Assist" and that "Stability Sys Off" and driving around was like driving with the parking brake on. Since I couldn't clear this mess through the T2, I did another idle re-learn to clear it's bugs and it was fine until yesterday morning when my MIL came on. My guess is after the re-learn, it's now running too lean which is what's being triggered.

Anyway, I guess my point being, I'm wondering if my CANdii module is busted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Our "V's" are CAN compliant, correct?

dont need the Candi module for our Vs....

F

wait4me is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

2006 up does need the candi module. I would say yours took a crap on you, or the connectors are bad.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Yup, like I said, anything 2006 all GM is CAN, so you'd need it. Just wanted to make sure that because ours were a "V" model, we didn't have something special.

FWIW, I did try without the CANdi module connected, and while it powered up, it wouldn't do anything other than tell me to hook up the CANdi module.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.