Seats farting? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Seats farting? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm also interested in the details, since I'm in the fart-seat too....
    clark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Re: Seats farting?

I'm also interested in the details, since I'm in the fart-seat too.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

19130242 is the kit part number, it is priced around $24.
    The procedure isn't too bad, if you guys want instructions I can get them later.

rodehard is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    19130242 is the kit part number, it is priced around $24.
    The procedure isn't too bad, if you guys want instructions I can get them later.
    Thanks for the part number and yes we would like instructions. It seems like quite a few owners have this problem.

jmak135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

#06-08-50-010A: Front Seat Cushion Moves Sideways, Pops or Creaks When Turning (Install Rubber Hose [Vacuum Line] on Adjuster Rail) - (Aug 21, 2009)

Subject: Front Seat Cushion Moves Sideways, Pops and Creaks When Turning (Install Rubber Hose [Vacuum Line] On Adjuster Rail )

Models: 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS

2005-2010 Cadillac STS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the models and model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-50-010 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
    This condition may be caused by too much clearance between the seat cushion platform anchors and the seat adjuster rail.

Correction
    Install four pieces of rubber hose (vacuum line) on the seat adjuster track following the procedure below:

Move the seat back and up in order to gain access.
    Remove the power seat switch bezel by pulling the bezel away from the seat. This will disengage the retaining clips.
    Remove the seat trim plate.
    Disconnect the connector from the power seat switch.
    Remove the two 10 mm nuts that retain the seat cushion to the adjuster rail.
    Lift the front of the seat cushion up and forward in order to unfasten the rear hooks that retain the seat cushion to the adjuster rail.
    Cut four pieces of 7/64 in rubber hose (vacuum line).

Split the rubber hose (vacuum line) down the side. Apply weatherstrip adhesive to the inside of the hose (vacuum line) and install to the seat adjuster rail.
    Install the seat cushion to the adjuster rail.
    Install the two 10 mm nuts.
    Tighten
    Tighten the seat cushion nuts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

Install the seat trim plate.
    Connect the electrical connector to the power seat switch.
    Install the power seat switch bezel.
    Re-zero the inflatable restraint passenger presence system whenever the seat cushion or any components are removed. Refer to Control Module References.

Basically you have to remove the hush panel, glove box, then disconnect the wires on the blower motor module and motor, then remove the bolts from the blower housing and lower it down.
    You CAN take it out to do the job but I recommend against that. It is easier if you just lower it down for access to the screws that hold on the recirculation actuator and then slip it off to install the cam kit and lubricant.
    You need a low clearance screwdriver setup like this http://www.autosnewspaper.com/wp-con...-reviews-1.jpg
    If you take the housing out you can use whatever you want.
    It is just hard to reinstall the housing.
    Once you get the updated parts on you just reverse the disassembly.
    It has been a while since I did one so I don't have any pictures and people don't often bring them in for this anymore.

GoofyGuy is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Being out of warranty I assume this would not be a freebie fix would it.

No this is just a bulletin for an updated part. All cars don't do it.

kblair3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Im a little confused here there seems to 2 separate diagnosis with two separate part #'s am I correct?

#06-08-50-010A and #19130242 One looks to a Rubber Hose [Vacuum Line] and the other a recirculation door actuator cam

One problem some have pointed out is a squeaking issue with the seat track on the floor. That is the vacuum hose one (I think it is on the floor).
    The other is the "farting" noise from the recirculation door cam. That is the TSB that I have been referring to.

kblair3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ok so the "farting" noise from the recirculation door cam is what I need to target.. and I thought some GASX was going to do the trick ...

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    One problem some have pointed out is a squeaking issue with the seat track on the floor. That is the vacuum hose one (I think it is on the floor).
    The other is the "farting" noise from the recirculation door cam. That is the TSB that I have been referring to.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Did this fix today and I must say that it was way more of a PITA than I thought it would be. The dealer replaced my HVAC sending unit a couple months back when I was getting the "Engine Hot AC OFF" message...even though I told them it was just the t-stat that wasn't shutting completely. (And yes I ended up having to go back for the same problem the next day and it was the t-stat). Anyway, their tech got overzealous in fastening the glovebox panels back together and stripped the heads off of half of the screws.

After tackling that issue, getting the the blower motor housing loose was also less than easy. Even with the bolts removed it did not want to move enough to get it free from the duct outlet...I ended up banging on it a couple of times in frustration and that knocked it loose.

Got the job done after the better part of a morning and hopefully no more embarrassing explanations of 'what that sound was.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.