Slotted rotors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Slotted rotors in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Looking at eBay there are a lot of options as low as the low $200's. What would you recommend for ...
    jwall09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Slotted rotors

Looking at eBay there are a lot of options as low as the low $200's. What would you recommend for a non track, daily driver for good value and quality. Doesn't have to the be best but safe for my family is a must.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Re: Slotted rotors

Ive heard that most of the cheap ebay drilled/slotted rotors are cheap chinese made junk.. Easily cracked especially with winter around the corner. Unless youre going for some high quality slotted.. just go OEM. So I was told by a few sources, but I have no first hand experience with it..

I recently ended up going with OEM rotors from "rippypartsmaster" at more than half off what my dealer was going to charge me (even though Rippy is a Caddy dealership).

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I bought the stock rotors when I did my brake job. Slotted rotors will wear your pads sooner. The original purpose for the slots were to remove any glazing on the pads and secondly to help prevent gas build up between the pads and rotors. Good pads gas very little and the chances of glazing pad in street use is very low. I used to have a pile of cracked cross drilled rotors from customers who insisted on using them.

Bob

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I have EBC Sport Series that are Slotted and Dimpled. I had Baer DecelaRotors that were Slotted and Drilled on my Lincoln and they cracked around the holes. I will never own a set of Drilled Rotors. The only way it will work is of the rotors are cast with the holes, not drilled.

jwall09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I have EBC Sport Series that are Slotted and Dimpled. I had Baer DecelaRotors that were Slotted and Drilled on my Lincoln and they cracked around the holes. I will never own a set of Drilled Rotors. The only way it will work is of the rotors are cast with the holes, not drilled.
    How long have you had your slotted and dimpled? how are they wearing and your pads too? I forget, but someone on one of the V forums recommended a brand that could be ordered in black or silver. Wonder how black with slotted/dimpled would look.

Anyone else have experience with dimpled? i have read they dont crack and are good.

Tinmanx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Doesn't GM Performance parts have a set of factory drilled or slotted rotors for the STS-V?

Quote Originally Posted by jwall09 View Post
    How long have you had your slotted and dimpled? how are they wearing and your pads too? I forget, but someone on one of the V forums recommended a brand that could be ordered in black or silver. Wonder how black with slotted/dimpled would look.

Anyone else have experience with dimpled? i have read they dont crack and are good.
    I have had them on for a few months now and they are wearing fine. No excessive wear on the pads either. Mine are Black as are all the EBC rotor for our cars. With EBC domestic are Black and inports are Gold. I will get some pics this weekend and post them.

Russell has the same rotors I do but as we all know he has not been able to drive his car much.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

www.cquence.net is where I ordered my slotted dimpled rotors from. I haven't heard a bad review from them yet and so far so good on mine. I am running Hawk pads but EBC's would do well too.

silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Tinmanx View Post
    Doesn't GM Performance parts have a set of factory drilled or slotted rotors for the STS-V?
    They sure do - I've had them on my car since Dec '08 -- They have a GM part number on them, but made by Brembo and 'MADE IN ITALY' stamped on the box. I think I spent around $425 for the set thats on my car.

No issues whatsoever.. I installed myself.

I will get some pics this weekend and post them.
    The shots I took really don't show the rotors very good so I am going to take a few shots tomorrow night and post them. I also have exhaust clip I will load too.

Here are the rotors I am running:

On the car (Sorry the wheels are kinda dirty, it rained this morning)

Front:

Rear:

choigilligan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Here are the rotors I am running:

On the car (Sorry the wheels are kinda dirty, it rained this morning)

Front:

Rear:

Those look fantastic. I've gotta get some....

I sell them and have a 10% off coupon for forum members. Call me at 877-787-8989 when you are ready. You can also get Hawk Ceramic pads to go with them to almost eliminate the pad dusting.

Jamie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.