Anyone do an LSx style MAF conversion? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Anyone do an LSx style MAF conversion? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Your MAF measures two things, well three if you factor in the IAT's. Otherwise those thermistors in the MAF measure ...
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: Anyone do an LSx style MAF conversion?

Your MAF measures two things, well three if you factor in the IAT's. Otherwise those thermistors in the MAF measure the volume of the income air, as well as the speed (or velocity) of the incoming air (as PGA mentioned). Generally that is done in Hz.

Our stock MAF is a drop in module that has a non-aerodynamically friendly chunk of plastic that extends into the center of the airflow. INside this plastic chunk is the thermistors that measure the quantity and speed of the incoming air flow. Ours is very similar to the 3800 V6 engines both N/A and Supercharged.

Here is ours;
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=946992_0_0_

An LSx style MAF however, is a full bore MAF with an aerodynamic center seperator and has it's thermistors exposed to the income airflow (for more accurate, quicker readings). Most tuners in the country that tune GM V8's do LSx's, and hence are very well experienced in LSx tuning of MAF's.

Here is an LSx style MAF;

Hence why I was curious.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

The LSx style would be better because of the response time but if you have a warranty it will be voided with the change and tuning. I had an LSx style in my GTP. I used a Corvette Throttle Body and MAF on my GTP. You can checkout my cardomain page to see the photos if you would like.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

That is a concern of mine. ALso once Spectre gets theirs to market, it'll still utilize our stock style setup.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.