D3 lowering springs before/after with pictures installed Beware! Read before purchase - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 lowering springs before/after with pictures installed Beware! Read before purchase in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by kbf250 Hey Russell, Follow this link for caliper decals. http://8thdaycreations.com/products-...aliper-decals/ Kirk Thanks Kirk, I just purchased a ...
    cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Re: D3 lowering springs before/after with pictures installed Beware! Read before purc

Quote Originally Posted by kbf250 View Post
    Hey Russell,
    Follow this link for caliper decals.

http://8thdaycreations.com/products-...aliper-decals/

Kirk
    Thanks Kirk,
    I just purchased a set in black raven.
    Russell

Re: D3 lowering springs before/after with pictures installed Beware! Read before purc

Quote Originally Posted by fast_lane10 View Post
    I was also thinking of getting the springs but then i heard that this can adversely affect the shocks. Can someone shine some light on why and how the shocks can be affected or not.
    Fast Lane,
    With the springs, some bushing and washers are included with the springs as
    a kit. The only thing they will do is keep the shocks from returning the car to
    a load leveling ride as they are designed to do with out the spacers.
    The shocks have a full range of motion, not to worry about that issue.
    I found them to be as advertised. D3 seems to be the omly distributor of
    these items. Good luck with your project.
    Russell

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

-2 Degrees of camber means you will be going through a set of tires every year. I'd hardly call that acceptable.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

Russell, thanks for your response .. i might get the springs in a month or two ..before the weather gets better ..as i haven't heard anyone facing issues with shocks ..and as far as alignment goes ...as i am running stock wheels so i might not face that issue either

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

I called D3 to order lowering springs for my STS-V. I was posed the question "which suspension do you have?" I thought only one non-magnetic suspension was offered on the STS-V?

D3 is selling these springs with the kit for around 350. or 360 best offer on
    ebay under "Cadillac D3" So you can get them for a lot less than there catolog
    price. They seem to be dumping parts lett and right, Why I don't know.
    One of the guy's on this forum purchased them and is waiting, Got his tracking
    # the next day in an email. Shipping is free. I am not a spokeman for them.
    I am only posting information. Do what think is right.
    Russell

pj96ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V

I bought a set on ebay from D3 the 18th and received shipping notification that evening. Springs will be in my hands according to UPS Tues next week. If all goes as scheduled (and everything is in package), I'll be leaving them positive feedback on ebay for the transaction.

P.J.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.