Cadillac Owners Forum banner
55K views 184 replies 35 participants last post by  Chuck77083 
#1 ·
Guys... I am currently talking to a fabricator of a product that chills our intercooler fluid. It is a flat plate heat exchanger that ties into the A/C system and our intercooler system to provide the lowest possible drop in IAT's. This modification would give you much lower temperatures than any upgraded heat exchanger.

If we agree to move forward on this and I can setup a time to travel to his shop we will have a complete plug and play "activechiller". Plug and play = no cutting lines or changing anything. He has installed this on a maggie GTOP with intercooler fluid temps typically at 40-50F during heavy drives with multiple WOT's. I am hoping we can get this thing made specifically for our cars with an instruction guide w/ pics. The goal is to have a simple plug and play so anyone can install.

Let me know if anyone is interested. If we decrease our IAT's enough then the ECM will start adding timing which means additional hp. The cooler we keep the air the more sustained our hp and tq are during heavy driving. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of this mod.

#149 ·
As soon as I slow down under 50MPH, ICW drops to 41-47* in traffic. When chiller has run for 30 minutes or so and turned off, temps rise back to normal about 30 minutes later. The extra tank makes a big difference. The water in it is cold, the tank is cold, the line to the SC is cold - so the all take a while to warm up. Works great, Dave. Good job on the storage tank.

#150 ·
STS_Chiller said:
I would say if AC was good and cold that the blower was making a lot more heat at that speed and intercooler was working well transferring heat to water. We knew going in this would not be as efficient as a Maggie on a LS3 that’s why I increased chiller size 30%. That’s still around 45deg improvement. We still have the option to try adjusting the Super Chiller Valve. We just plain ran out of time or I would have made 1 more adjustment. Your Freon charge is now 1lb 5oz btw. What about ICWT when you’re stopped and chiller is off how fast does it climb? Your new water tank helps with or without chiller too.

IMHO you’re big fount mount heat exchanger does not help much when you’re going slow or stopped. Don’t forget when AC/Chiller is on heat exchanger is not used. Chiller will keep water cold when stopped going slow or fast air flow is not needed at all.
I would like to purchase for my 09 cts v ,please send me your info for ordering,thank you

#151 ·
Here is the reservoir we made before it was insulated and a good picture of GizmoQ car without the bumper cover and trim. You can see the Super Chiller, relocated Meziere Pump and relocated stock transmission cooler. With this setup all the hoses and lines laid out very well. I just silver soldered steel tubing to existing Trans cooler lines to extend them to new location.

#153 ·
Looks really nice!!

#154 ·
Gotta find a replacement cap for that tank since all the other caps will be chrome next month.

#156 ·
OK the CTS V is back home; I believe it turned out great! One note the CNC quick adapter I was planning on using on STS V and CTS V won’t fit, it’s a different size.
This all started with STS V but still no volunteer car. XLR V and CTS V are ready to ship and we still need a STS V to volunteer! We cover around 10 model cars now as well as the remote Chiller Tank! Let’s get STS V on that list.

CTS V

#161 ·
I’m tied up till after the 7th for CamaroFest3 @ Indy. I will have a CTS V kit on display as well as others. Give me a call to set something up after the 7th. I have a lot of appointments and orders already but we can work something out. I would so like to support the STS V!

#166 ·
We are in St Pete Fl. I have a Customer flying in today from TX to pick up his CTS V1; He had his car trucked from TX for first Super Chilled CTS V1. It was around $400 shipping one way.

Still need a STS V to step up and be the first! We have a kit for all the other V series ready.

#173 ·
Still no kit for a STS V, we need a volunteer since each kit is custom for each model car. I have a good idea how to handle a STS V but until I get one in the shop I cant ship any kits.

I have had many interested but timing never worked out. Now is not a good time we are moving the shop, the property sold and we have to be out by 1st of September. Best part we will have an air conditioned build room in new location!

#175 ·
I saw a XLR V today gong south on 275 @ Gandy it was burgundy, I never see a V. I am doing installations again and am up for a STS V if anyone wants to volunteer there car to design the kit on. I have looked at regular STS and there is plenty room for the 18” Xtreme Chiller. The Freon lines are similar to the CTS V1 so both suction and liquid lines have to be welded. I am going to add a CNC clamshell adapter eventually for all the V cars suction line but there are several adapters ahead of that.

V1 competition lines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.