Cadillac Owners Forum banner
55K views 184 replies 35 participants last post by  Chuck77083 
#1 ·
Guys... I am currently talking to a fabricator of a product that chills our intercooler fluid. It is a flat plate heat exchanger that ties into the A/C system and our intercooler system to provide the lowest possible drop in IAT's. This modification would give you much lower temperatures than any upgraded heat exchanger.

If we agree to move forward on this and I can setup a time to travel to his shop we will have a complete plug and play "activechiller". Plug and play = no cutting lines or changing anything. He has installed this on a maggie GTOP with intercooler fluid temps typically at 40-50F during heavy drives with multiple WOT's. I am hoping we can get this thing made specifically for our cars with an instruction guide w/ pics. The goal is to have a simple plug and play so anyone can install.

Let me know if anyone is interested. If we decrease our IAT's enough then the ECM will start adding timing which means additional hp. The cooler we keep the air the more sustained our hp and tq are during heavy driving. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of this mod.

G
#68 ·
I've been talking with STS_Chiller, he now has the ability to do all the parts at his own shop. I am scheudling to make the trip from ohio to St. Petersburg shortly here! Just need to find out if I drop the car off to him for a full week if that would be enough time to get it finished.

#71 ·
Thank You M122 was what we were hoping. I’m at the shop working on Camaro SS Super Chiller tonight, it should be very similar to the STS V. 550 HP has confirmed he is coming from Ohio but hasn’t given us a date yet. But he is next! The Camaro has enough room up front to move in, I expect the STS V to be more complicated because of less room.
We bought a complete STS V Blower / Intercooler be here Tuesday. We want to see what a intercooler upgrade would cost. Its my understanding the 4 tubes are less than efficient. Also try and mount it to something else for a shop Beater. I’m thinking a 4.6 Interceptor and use it to test products on.

#78 ·
We are doing pretty good now, have everything setup to produce Super Chillers. Not one car or truck has come through for prototype. The Camaro SS has canceled 3 weeks in a row and don’t know if 550 HP is going to come through or not. Sadly we cant make any kits without a car. I spent last 2 days getting shop in shape. We share shop with 2 Dragsters, they aren’t there much but when they are they come first. Just put a new 45K motor in one along with 2speed, FTI and all the trimmings. We have the adapters for SS and GTO at CNC shop now with order for 20 each. A local shop is doing wiring kits, we can handle the rest in house. I’m taking today to work on my GTO, I haven’t touched it since we started on this first of the year. We need a STS V and CTS V to install prototype on. A person could drive here leave car and fly home and still be ahead depending on where you live.

G
#79 ·
Sorry. I will be coming through for sure. I just lost my assistant and shipping manager at my work. As soon as I get replacements, I have plans to come out your way STS_CHILLER. How does the sept 24th weekend sound? Thats my birthday weekend as well.

#80 ·
That would be great! Wow my birthday is this Saturday 9/11. You wont be disappointed the shop is really shaping up. We just got a second lift, still have to move it. One thing I cant believe we still don’t have a proper air compressor. Just missed a pair of nice ones, but we have a lot of rechargeable tools to get by. We also just came into a RevXtreme C5 race car / trailer the works turn key! Its called Bat Out Of Hell.

#81 ·
Someone commit and make the drive. Just to see what we create here is worth a drive and with winter coming, FL beaches, bikinis, palm trees, bikinis, year round road race & dragstrips near by, and did I mention bikinis???? We also have a gulf front high rise ( on a HUGE beach) we would put you in for less than a hotel while your here:

With all the no shows I’m thinking a non refundable deposit is in order to secure the install and Condo. This is not to purchase the Super Chiller and would be returned upon completion. :D

#84 ·
Since posting the Condo on forums interest has peaked but no appointments yet Tracy is out sick so I would say anything after this wk. Make an appointment before the C6, TB SS Camaro5 etc guys. Our plan is 2 wks apart for appointments. We have to clear any reservation for condo.

#83 ·
This is off topic, but could someone start a new thread regarding our blowers and why they are only 60% efficent as silverws6ta posted in a earlier post?? I am generly against modifications and the modest gains to dollars spent to achieve them. However, I might be able to justify spending my hard earned dollar and time, custom building a ultimate top end for this motor in the lines of "grafting" a more efficent blower to this engine. I Just need someone with some more knowledge than I have in modern supercharged engines to bounce ideas off from as the only thing I have ever built were early small block chevys 20 years ago.
J

#86 · (Edited)
Like it says a small fee, Tracy is sick this wk so I don’t know but he said for less than a motel. I don’t want to say a $$ until its nailed down. We need to get into production, you have no idea how many orders we have. We are going to take appointments for Volunteer test cars and secure them with a non refundable deposit. Keep your appointment finish install and get full deposit back. I think we should get $500 security deposit when Condo is reserved and half that $250 when no Condo is needed. Its not just here we have volunteers on nearly 10 different model cars/trucks and not one has shown. We just cant survive like this. We have a lot of $$$ tied up in inventory, tools and machines as well as Engineer and CNC shop we keep putting off.
We cant do the STS-V in 2 days. Your best bet would be 2 weekends.

Update : The Condo is $100 per night.

#89 ·
Bump indeed! I still need a CTSV and STSV to work this out on. I’m no longer strapped down with a partner and the Condo is no longer available but I have this worked out for several cars and trucks now with around 12 on the road. Any one interested and can make it to St Pete Fl post up.

#91 ·
First STS could take as little as 2 days. I need to know about the low side connection near fire wall. If I already have CNC adapter that would be great. If not welding would need to be sent out so that could take another day. I will post a picture tomorrow showing measurement I need. Other Cadillac’s are asking as well so I need to get this info resolved. Are you looking for competition or street version?

G
#93 ·
I would be looking for street.

I can either ship the car to you, Take your time, get everything done, and then I can fly down to pick it up and drive it back.

Or I could drive it down, take a vacation leave it with you for a few days, and then drive it back up.

#94 ·
Either one works for me, my TDI is broke but once it’s fixed its available for loaner locally.
I just booked a new model car 2/10 – 2/24 not an STS but I will say it does have a –V so yet another model covered I’m looking forward to this build that came out of the blue.

#99 ·
Taking a quick break from moving Lift, I don’t see the STS V liquid line available on line from GM. Actually a lot of AC parts aren’t listed. On several model cars I buy the part that gets moded so I can use it on an exchange basis. That saves a lot of install/shipping time. The liquid line gets a standard AC fitting welded out of sight for T then for Competition Version I cut a section out and form tube o-ring fittings for the solenoid. This is working well since it would take to many versions of a CNC parts. The Camaro sells enough to make both connections CNC. The Corvette and XLR is to cramp for CNC high side fitting. I did the first C6 with a hand made HS fitting turned into a nightmare of tubing, so the moded Liquid line is best solution!

Here is the CNC low side adapter I have made. I drill a hole in center then weld standard AC fitting for the low side tap.

Measurement is .62-.63" just outside clamshell. Look near firewall on STS driver side large line.

Clamshell

Here is example of welded Line on Chevy Truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.