The ultimate intercooler upgrade! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, The ultimate intercooler upgrade! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; We have an overflow tank on the 06 and 07. I understand the 08-09 do not have this. We also ...
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: The ultimate intercooler upgrade!

We have an overflow tank on the 06 and 07. I understand the 08-09 do not have this. We also have a fill tube back by the passenger firewall.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller View Post
    2 important questions!

And B. What ATF is recommended for 6L80E and what do people use. My former associate used DEX III.
    Owners Manual says:

DEXRON®-III Automatic Transmission Fluid. Look for “Approved for the H-Specification” on the label.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Owners Manual says:

DEXRON®-III Automatic Transmission Fluid. Look for “Approved for the H-Specification” on the label.
    How bad do you want your headlight washers? This tank looks cramp.

How bad do you want your headlight washers? This tank looks cramp.
    Pic???
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

You want a picture of washer tank? You didn’t buy Snow kit for washer tank you bought one with tank so there is no washer tank adapter. I was thinking of using port for headlight pump. You really planning on spraying plastic headlights with Methanol? You think we can schedule some Dyno time when you pick up car to test results? PGA2Bsent me some great HPT files to log IAT 1 and 2 as well as boost then we have the digital ICWT display. I don’t think the HPT setup for logging ICWT will be ready by then.

You want a picture of washer tank? You didn’t buy Snow kit for washer tank you bought one with tank so there is no washer tank adapter. I was thinking of using port for headlight pump. You really planning on spraying plastic headlights with Methanol? You think we can schedule some Dyno time when you pick up car to test results? PGA2Bsent me some great HPT files to log IAT 1 and 2 as well as boost then we have the digital ICWT display. I don’t think the HPT setup for logging ICWT will be ready by then.
    O.K. Now I understand. Disconnect the headlight pump, remove the lines to the headlight washer nozzles and go for it! As a matter of fact, you can snap out the headlight washer nozzles from the bumper as well (I'll cover the holes later). A bulkhead fitting (PN# 40080) allows the use of the factory washer fluid tank as a reservoir. And yes, I will have time to dyno - planning to spend a week down there before coming home.

Can the Snow tank be added to existing one?

Don't forget to drain and flush the washer fluid tank. -20 degree F rated, blue windshield washer fluid is acceptable for use and is available at most service stations. Although some fluids rated to under -20 degrees F contain glycol and other copolymers, most windshield washer fluids are up to 40% methanol. Try to find one that displays "contains methanol" on the label and is good to -20 degrees F, with no additives or special ingredients and is blue in color. You can “spike” the Blue -20 Washer fluid to a 50% mixture by adding 3 12OZ yellow bottles of Heet® gas-line-antifreeze to every gallon of washer fluid.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

This is y my meth tank is in the truck and is 4gal. You will go trough a 4gal tank in 2weeks of normal driving. With the snakebite set up. I'm meth starts spraying at 7psi and full spray at 11psi. I run 90% meth during the summer and -20 washer fluid from Walmart durning the winter. You will need a bigger tank/you will want a bigger tank.

Owners Manual says:

That is for the 5 Speed.

The 6 speed is Dex VI (See below).

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    That is for the 5 Speed.

The 6 speed is Dex VI (See below).

I stand corrected, thanx.

I stand corrected, thanx.
    Trust me I sure wish we used Dex III because I can't use Royal Purple Max ATF in a Dex VI tranny..........

They don't have ATF fluid for the Dex VI.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    This is y my meth tank is in the truck and is 4gal. You will go trough a 4gal tank in 2weeks of normal driving. With the snakebite set up. I'm meth starts spraying at 7psi and full spray at 11psi. I run 90% meth during the summer and -20 washer fluid from Walmart durning the winter. You will need a bigger tank/you will want a bigger tank.
    Wow I would hate to use 8 gal a month! I buy actual Metanol by 5gal use it 50/50 with distilled water on my GTO we don’t see winter washer fluid in Fl. I use former radiator over flow tank it’s larger than our washer tank. I know this is no comparison with Snake Bite stage 5.
    Giz has nothing now that’s why I say I bet he has 100hp on table.
    I bet with this chiller setup you could significantly reduce that ediction! I hope to get some good logs on Dyno to back this up!
    This setup is looking better than I ever imagined, with trans cooler moved there is more than enough room for over size chiller. Only thing I wish I had time to make a under hood reservoir / fill tank. There is plenty room for a gal with a custom tank, this would be a significant help IMHO.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I have a larger frount mount heat exchanger that holds a little over 1gal plus the stock one so I'm at 1.4gal total with hoses. I run meth it was good for 30-40* drop. I still can not get over 480rwhp. It's the cams IMO. I can keep the iat2 down to only 20-40 above ambient on a dyno run.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    I have a larger front mount heat exchanger that holds a little over 1gal plus the stock one so I'm at 1.4gal total with hoses. I run meth it was good for 30-40* drop. I still can not get over 480rwhp. It's the cams IMO. I can keep the iat2 down to only 20-40 above ambient on a Dyno run.

Just think if the ICWT was refrigerated to 40deg all the time without that big front mount! You probably could cut back on methanol. What about Torque management? I know some are afraid to cut way back on Torque Management for fear of breaking Trans. TM tables are all zero wed out on my GTO but it’s a stick.

Here is ATF cooler mounted on passenger side

Once relocated to front there is plenty space for over size Super Chiller, Diverter Valve and IC Water Pump

Arrows show ATF cooler flipped and mounted out front

New found space under hood will get a IC water tank

Sketch for water tank

Here you can see low side return adapter fitted no cutting.

Low and High side Freon connections.

I can’t post any detailed pictures of GizmoQ car for now but you can get a good idea from the first C6 I did. Oh that hole in fiberglass is already there on C6 no cutting or drilling involved. XLR V fiberglass is completely different with more room to work with.

This picture was as far as I got to dual chillers for the dual in and out the EForce has. Just ended up doing R side we had so much trouble with difficult welding back then. I have a welder now that can weld anything I need first shot. With results we have had there has never been a need for larger Super Chiller. Now with GizmoQ we are adding another 10 plates.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.