The ultimate intercooler upgrade! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, The ultimate intercooler upgrade! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Nice... I can't wait to see it. As long as the fitment is right add me to the list and ...
    coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Re: The ultimate intercooler upgrade!

Nice... I can't wait to see it. As long as the fitment is right add me to the list and I can paypal you the cash.

Gary Wells is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Not to change the subject of this thread, but for those of you interested in alcohol and / or methanol injection the biggest name in *turbo* Buick alcohol -methanol injection kits just designed a kit for the '09 & up CTS-V a while back. Mine is sitting in my bedroom closet still boxed, and will not get installed until I have the 1st round of mods done on my '09 CTS-V, which is down the road a ways. I did post a link to a popular *turbo* Buick site a while back to the thread regarding the kit. I also posted on the '09 CTS-V section on this forum. My apologies for disrupting this thread.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

You talking about alkycontrol or alcohol-injection.com? I have used both of those kits in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    You talking about alkycontrol or alcohol-injection.com? I have used both of those kits in the past.
    Alkycontrol, as in Julio Don, as in Razor on TB.COM. There's a thread on it over there in the alky section. I run it on my turbo *Buick* and swear by it. I liked 100 octane unleaded VP out of the pump out here but it is about $8.00 a gal now, way out of my league.

STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

+1 for Alkycontrol, as in Julio Don on GTO

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Like I said I have used that kit before. It is a nice complete setup, very similar to Devil's Own. I still prefer labonte motorsports...they previously made Snow performances kits but now do their own and they are far superior.

Glad to hear someone else backing me up in the benefits of meth/water injection though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Like I said I have used that kit before. It is a nice complete setup, very similar to Devil's Own. I still prefer labonte motorsports...they previously made Snow performances kits but now do their own and they are far superior.

Glad to hear someone else backing me up in the benefits of meth/water injection though.
    Julio was local to me and gave me considerable explanation of his simple kit. Also tuning help and benefit of his experience.

Julio's kit for the turbo Buicks was designed with stealth being one of the top priorities. It appears that he designed the '09 & up CTS-V kit with the same priorities in mind. I do not know if he has that kit on his website yet. I would think that it could be adapted to the STS pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Julio's kit for the turbo Buicks was designed with stealth being one of the top priorities. It appears that he designed the '09 & up CTS-V kit with the same priorities in mind. I do not know if he has that kit on his website yet. I would think that it could be adapted to the STS pretty easily.
    He had a kit for 04-06 GTO but I used the coolant overflow for Meth and hid an overflow behind bumper. 05-06 GTO has a radiator cap. Since they make everything in house I was able to speck length of all wiring and lines locating everything exactly how I wanted. As far as I know he will still modify a kit to customers specs. At that time he did not have advanced controls I see from others now. But the kit I have does exactly what I want and the red to green light system check suits me. I would not boost without meth. Just like the Super Chiller for water to air intercooler once you have it you never go back.

I donít know if this STS V Super Chiller is going to happen. Coach is not able to make the Trek to Fl now so unless another STS V comes forward I cant continue. This is a great value for anyone that can make it to Tampa Bay Area. I have the parts and tools already for STS V so this is big disappointment for me. I was also looking forward to meeting Mike and working on his beast. Get the word out and find a volunteer, I have some clean ideas for this setup.

Coach you havenít been able to answer any questions about your car
    If you could get me detailed pictures I could cut down your install time. I need pictures of entire system that means taking plastic covers off and putting car on lift or jack stands probably. I could probably cut build/install time enough that you would only need to stay over 1 or 2 nights. I do need system working before I can release so I can verify AC and Super Chiller performance as well as take pictures. You could probably help also if you donít mind.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Email sent

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

You give me the kit, ill drive from Ohio to florida and stay a week for you to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    You give me the kit, ill drive from Ohio to florida and stay a week for you to finish.
    See what Coach decides. You could make a vacation out of it there is no Oil On The Beach here yet.
    It concerns me that I have only seen a V8 NA STS and it may or may not take a lot of time to get to fittings and such. I donít want to cut and splice AC hoses. I want to machine bolt on adapters that can be removed if you want.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Alright, let me know. I'd make a week vacation out of it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.