The ultimate intercooler upgrade! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, The ultimate intercooler upgrade! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Interesting. I had tried to pursue this with my blown CTS-V 1st Gen but never got any response back from ...
    deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Re: The ultimate intercooler upgrade!

Interesting. I had tried to pursue this with my blown CTS-V 1st Gen but never got any response back from killer chiller after a few emails. I also talked to Thomas at Hendrix a few times about this as he was working on getting these into some GTO's. I'm still interested in how this turns out and I'd like to utilize this to drop my bloody high IAT's.

DraganHawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Meant to put this link up on the last post:

HTML Code:
    http://www.labontemotorsports.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/ISG-S3.html
    This is the kit I run
    This is what you run on your V? If so, email me or write here, what are your gains? How do you like it? Pros? Cons?

STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I did look at a 09 STS V8 NA (nice car) looks like the STS-V will be getting a small custom aluminum Accumulator on the suction line from Super Chiller direct into the Compressor. Thatís because the lines at fire wall are spring lock. Iím waiting to hear from Coach if the outlet fitting at Condenser is Tube O-Ring or not. I suspect it is. I could not get a good look at it at dealer. If thatís the case then all the Freon side of Super Chiller would be contained in small area and out of sight. Actually everything should be out of sight looking under hood. Accumulator will keep liquid from returning to Compressor and enhance basic AC performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac94pimpin View Post
    Im in delray beach FL about 3 hrs south east of Tampa. I think there are some people closer then me though.
    Yes Google says 225 Mi, let me know if your interested. Or ask around if you know anyone closer that might be interested. I cant make aluminum adapters without a car here. I could buy the 2 lines new that I need for dimensions and make a tuner kit that would need AC hoses cut and crimped and water hoses finished but I would rather make a turn key kit.

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller View Post
    I did look at a 09 STS V8 NA (nice car) looks like the STS-V will be getting a small custom aluminum Accumulator on the suction line from Super Chiller direct into the Compressor. Thatís because the lines at fire wall are spring lock. Iím waiting to hear from Coach if the outlet fitting at Condenser is Tube O-Ring or not. I suspect it is. I could not get a good look at it at dealer. If thatís the case then all the Freon side of Super Chiller would be contained in small area and out of sight. Actually everything should be out of sight looking under hood. Accumulator will keep liquid from returning to Compressor and enhance basic AC performance.
    Is anyone able to answer his question? I looked under my car but was unable to determine what type of connection is on the compressor

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Maybe Luke at Lindsay or PSR Mark can answer this?

cadillac94pimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham,06 STS-V Black/Tango, 06 Hayabusa LE

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller View Post
    Yes Google says 225 Mi, let me know if your interested. Or ask around if you know anyone closer that might be interested. I cant make aluminum adapters without a car here. I could buy the 2 lines new that I need for dimensions and make a tuner kit that would need AC hoses cut and crimped and water hoses finished but I would rather make a turn key kit.
    So what would this entail? Say I drove over there how long would you need my car for? Would there be anything in it for me
    Would the service dept notice or not be happy if they saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac94pimpin View Post
    So what would this entail? Say I drove over there how long would you need my car for? Would there be anything in it for me
    Would the service dept notice or not be happy if they saw it?
    Well Coach has first chance on a Super Chiller at half price but he has to fly in and out to leave car. I think he just wants some one to get it made. If Coach declines then I would offer to you at half price. For you that would probably mean one weekend day then return for one more weekend day to finish install. As far as waranty I think dealer could claim anything they want.

STS_Chiller... sent you an email. I have had some questions via PM about the chiller's installation requirements. I know you have not finalized the design but individuals are curious whether everything will be a straight fit and not need any lines cut to install. I figure it might be better if you explain the typical installation procedure you have done in the past and envision for our cars. I know the kit will require evacuation and recharge of freon but does it require anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    STS_Chiller... sent you an email. I have had some questions via PM about the chiller's installation requirements. I know you have not finalized the design but individuals are curious whether everything will be a straight fit and not need any lines cut to install. I figure it might be better if you explain the typical installation procedure you have done in the past and envision for our cars. I know the kit will require evacuation and recharge of freon but does it require anything else?
    Our goal is not to cut anything and make it completely reversible. Probably have to drill some mounting holes but thatís about it. Anyone that can do AC service could install or have Freon drained install parts yourself and have a tech evacuate and charge Freon. The water side is just running some heater hose. I will know more in a couple weeks after Coaches Car is finished.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

DraganHawk- Sorry for the late response. Spent about 2 weeks over the pond dealing with some customer issues and haven't been on the forums since I left.

I have not installed the labonte kit on my STS-V yet. I ran it on my old car for a couple years but I plan to order another one as soon as I get the new intake on (being fabbed now). I absolutely LOVED that kit...I have installed about a half dozen of the meth injection kits out there including snow performance, aquamist, devils own, DIY, AEM, and this was my favorite. For the price it is amazingly complete, simple and clean. No cons IMO.

I gained ~80awhp on 91 octane from adding this kit because of being able to run higher boost. Never had any clogs or issues and my cylinder walls were still sparkling when I sold the car after putting 40k miles on the race built motor that made 723awhp on race gas and nitrous.

I know people that have gained over 150whp from adding methanol injection to their cars (I only gained what I did because the GT3586R turbocharger on my vehicle was relatively efficient in the pressure ratio that I was operating). I'll find some of the dyno sheets that are floating out there of before and afters.

BlownV - Are going to be having your fabricator make additional cold air intakes for forum members or will the drawings me available?

I will make the drawings available...either free or for a small fee. My fabricator is charging me $280 for the intake.

Take some pics when finished and see if your fabricator will make a few more sets for the forum members. Set the price and let us know. When do you expect to have your intake completed. What sizes did you end up going with? I was thinking 4" from filter to split before intercooler lid and then split to either 3.5" or 3" back to the Y going to the throttle body.

I will post up pics as soon as I get it. I told him not to rush since I will be out of town all next week. It is 4" at the filter, split before the blower lid into 3" sections. 3" is the size of the stock hoses and clamps coming off of the throttle body 'Y' so I stayed with that. This does not include a replacement for the throttle body 'Y' which is slightly under 3". My guess is that that will be next. My price also included the bungs for the methanol/water injection.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.