The ultimate intercooler upgrade! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, The ultimate intercooler upgrade! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Here is the only ZR1 kit that I shipped. ZR1 is not ready yet so wiring and water lines did ...
    STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: The ultimate intercooler upgrade!

Here is the only ZR1 kit that I shipped. ZR1 is not ready yet so wiring and water lines did not ship and not pictured but you can get good idea what is included.

Bump to view account updates / Don't see them hmmm

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Any idea when this will be ready for production?

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    ??
    XLR V 2 wks

ZR1 2wks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    ??
    XLR V 2 wks

ZR1 2wks

Here are some teaser pictures of GizmoQ car.

parkeraire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' sts-v

what is the superheat on that txv set at?

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

The Active InterChiller works as advertised, so far. 78* ambient cruised 20 miles at 70MPH -IC water temp was 127*. Turned chiller on same trip, same speed - IC water temp 44*. Can't wait to start adding timing back in!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

OMG That’s 83 deg difference!

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Ok that sounds great but 70mph is far off of wot at 100+mph at 19psi. What I want to know is what is the iat2 temps at speed and wot. when I dynoed my car last week iat2 was 10* higher than outside air temps. And at wot it went up to 155* max. So it was 68* when I dynoed so I want to know what your temps go to under close temps at wot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Ok that sounds great but 70mph is far off of wot at 100+mph at 19psi. What I want to know is what is the iat2 temps at speed and wot. when I dynoed my car last week iat2 was 10* higher than outside air temps. And at wot it went up to 155* max. So it was 68* when I dynoed so I want to know what your temps go to under close temps at wot.
    What is your intercooler water temp during above conditions? That’s what will tell you how efficient intercooler is working. If water is hot intercooler is working if water stays near the same then there is no heat transfer. GizmoQ will have more info for you soon. I believe refrigerated water will cool IAT2 better than hot water even on a Northstar.

Did some data logging on the 1100mile trip home. Without the chiller cruising at 84 the modified pump and intercooler surprised me. With no chiller, IC water temp stayed right around 114* (lots of air coming in at that speed). Interestingly, the Active Interchiller at that speed only got the IC water temp down to around 69*. Hmmm. Maybe that was because it wasn't in competition mode (forgot to flip the switch).
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I do not know what my ic water temp is. Never checked it only iat2 before big fount mount heat exchanger. Iat2 would go to 180-190* in 45* weather now only 155* in 65* weather.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Did some data logging on the 1100mile trip home. Without the chiller cruising at 84 the modified pump and intercooler surprised me. With no chiller, IC water temp stayed right around 114* (lots of air coming in at that speed). Interestingly, the Active Interchiller at that speed only got the IC water temp down to around 69*. Hmmm. Maybe that was because it wasn't in competition mode (forgot to flip the switch).
    I would say if AC was good and cold that the blower was making a lot more heat at that speed and intercooler was working well transferring heat to water. We knew going in this would not be as efficient as a Maggie on a LS3 thatís why I increased chiller size 30%. Thatís still around 45deg improvement. We still have the option to try adjusting the Super Chiller Valve. We just plain ran out of time or I would have made 1 more adjustment. Your Freon charge is now 1lb 5oz btw. What about ICWT when youíre stopped and chiller is off how fast does it climb? Your new water tank helps with or without chiller too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    I do not know what my ic water temp is. Never checked it only iat2 before big fount mount heat exchanger. Iat2 would go to 180-190* in 45* weather now only 155* in 65* weather.
    IMHO youíre big fount mount heat exchanger does not help much when youíre going slow or stopped. Donít forget when AC/Chiller is on heat exchanger is not used. Chiller will keep water cold when stopped going slow or fast air flow is not needed at all.

As soon as I slow down under 50MPH, ICW drops to 41-47* in traffic. When chiller has run for 30 minutes or so and turned off, temps rise back to normal about 30 minutes later. The extra tank makes a big difference. The water in it is cold, the tank is cold, the line to the SC is cold - so the all take a while to warm up. Works great, Dave. Good job on the storage tank.

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller

I would say if AC was good and cold that the blower was making a lot more heat at that speed and intercooler was working well transferring heat to water. We knew going in this would not be as efficient as a Maggie on a LS3 that’s why I increased chiller size 30%. That’s still around 45deg improvement. We still have the option to try adjusting the Super Chiller Valve. We just plain ran out of time or I would have made 1 more adjustment. Your Freon charge is now 1lb 5oz btw. What about ICWT when you’re stopped and chiller is off how fast does it climb? Your new water tank helps with or without chiller too.

IMHO you’re big fount mount heat exchanger does not help much when you’re going slow or stopped. Don’t forget when AC/Chiller is on heat exchanger is not used. Chiller will keep water cold when stopped going slow or fast air flow is not needed at all.
    I would like to purchase for my 09 cts v ,please send me your info for ordering,thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.