Headlight Condensation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Headlight Condensation in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Left my V outside overnight when it rained this last week.. then we've had some hot days. Both headlights have ...
    Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

Headlight Condensation

Left my V outside overnight when it rained this last week.. then we've had some hot days. Both headlights have condensation all over inside! Whats with this? Its been a couple days now and only one is nearly cleared up, the other still has a lot.. Ohh and pics below..

Anyone else have this problem? Do you think the seal is bad? I am going into the Stealer next week, so Ill have them look at it I guess..
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodehard is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Headlight Condensation

I get that too on one headlight only. Let us know what the dealer says.

MiamiV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): stsV

Good luck. I had one fogged up for 3 weeks and finnally after enough bit*$ing they replace one. but hasnt happend since

VforVictory is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have had that problem before, you can:
    A) Go through the long process of removing the headlight and putting silicon around the headlight housing once the headlight drys out.
    B) If the vehicle is under factory warranty make enough fuss and cadillac will replace it.
    C) Buy refurbished headlights that have been resealed.
    If you do choose to remove the headlight and use silicon there is a good video on youtube that shows you how.

ray901537 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I had the same thing happen to me, i just took it to the dealership and they swapped it out same day no questions asked.

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

When talking to to service writer, use the term 'excessive condensation'. It shouldn't matter (it's a defective design) but it can help to make the point.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Bring those pictures with you and you won't have any trouble.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I would have to suggest that you have your vehicle looked at by your local dealership. You are within the warranty on time but if you are out of the warranty on mileage it may be something that would still be able to be covered. If they are unable to fix the issue please feel free to come back and contact me and I will see what I can do for you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Great, thanks for the help/advise guys! I will let you know once I get back from the dealer.

CaddyThings is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Left my V outside overnight when it rained this last week.. then we've had some hot days. Both HID headlights have condensation all over inside! Whats with this? Its been a couple days now and only one is nearly cleared up, the other still has a lot.. Ohh and pics below..

Anyone else have this problem? Do you think the seal is bad? I am going into the Stealer next week, so Ill have them look at it I guess..
    Man that sucks, but hopefully the warranty does fix the problem.

Ok, so I had my car in at Patrick Cadillac the last couple days and now am finally getting it back. My service rep claims that condensation is normal "GM will replace it if there is water filling up inside," not condensation. She claimed that it dries up when the headlights are on.. even though it hadn't for the two weeks before my service appt. She says they are all dry now, after sitting in the shop.

So I guess I will just send it back if it happens again. Maybe they sealed it while in the shop and didn't tell me to avoid the headlight replacement? HA. I will definitely be contacting Jeff if it happens again, this shouldnt be happening on an $80k car thats still under warranty!

Update. She said that if the problem persists we can work something out with her manager..

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Mine did the same thing after being parked at the airport for a week. It was probably the only time since I bought it that it was left out in the rain. The dealer replaced both lights... no questions asked.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

I noticed the same on mine and thought of it as no big deal but now that i came across this thread I will try my luck with the dealer too, and this weekend seems to be nice weather for get "excessive condensation"

chitownv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Ok, so I had my car in at Patrick Cadillac the last couple days and now am finally getting it back. My service rep claims that condensation is normal "GM will replace it if there is water filling up inside," not condensation. She claimed that it dries up when the headlights are on.. even though it hadn't for the two weeks before my service appt. She says they are all dry now, after sitting in the shop.

So I guess I will just send it back if it happens again. Maybe they sealed it while in the shop and didn't tell me to avoid the headlight replacement? HA. I will definitely be contacting Jeff if it happens again, this shouldnt be happening on an $80k car thats still under warranty!
    I brought my car into Patrick cadillac for service and it was a nightmare !

Try going to a different cadilac dealer for service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.