Headlight Condensation - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Headlight Condensation in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Cataract Ok, so I had my car in at Patrick Cadillac the last couple days and now ...
    chitownv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Re: Headlight Condensation

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Ok, so I had my car in at Patrick Cadillac the last couple days and now am finally getting it back. My service rep claims that condensation is normal "GM will replace it if there is water filling up inside," not condensation. She claimed that it dries up when the headlights are on.. even though it hadn't for the two weeks before my service appt. She says they are all dry now, after sitting in the shop.

So I guess I will just send it back if it happens again. Maybe they sealed it while in the shop and didn't tell me to avoid the headlight replacement? HA. I will definitely be contacting Jeff if it happens again, this shouldnt be happening on an $80k car thats still under warranty!
    I brought my car into Patrick cadillac for service and it was a nightmare !

Try going to a different cadillac dealer for service.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Ok, so I had my car in at Patrick Cadillac the last couple days and now am finally getting it back. My service rep claims that condensation is normal "GM will replace it if there is water filling up inside," not condensation. She claimed that it dries up when the headlights are on.. even though it hadn't for the two weeks before my service appt. She says they are all dry now, after sitting in the shop.

So I guess I will just send it back if it happens again. Maybe they sealed it while in the shop and didn't tell me to avoid the headlight replacement? HA. I will definitely be contacting Jeff if it happens again, this shouldnt be happening on an $80k car thats still under warranty!
    Let's see here, water condensation inside your headlight(s) for 2 weeks even though you had the headlights on during at least part of that time.
    And it only took sitting inside the shop 2 days. Heat gun or heat lamp, do you suppose?
    And no, IMHO, this should not be happening on a $80K *car*. Nor a $70K *car*, nor a $60K *car*.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

I have been to Steve Foley twice and they seem to be nice.... and I am planning to check with them about condensation ... let's see how nice they are ?

Cataract is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V Black on Black

I'll try Foley next time. I also had a "service airbag" light that keeps coming up. She fed me some BS about a sensor probably being the problem caused by the battery dying (when I first bought it they had to jump the battery because it was sitting in the lot for so long). I am guessing they didnt want to open the airbag up to fix it and I was in a rush to get outa there so I just left.. lazy. I will definitely have Foley look at that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Let's see here, water condensation inside your headlight(s) for 2 weeks even though you had the headlights on during at least part of that time.
    And it only took sitting inside the shop 2 days. Heat gun or heat lamp, do you suppose?
    And no, IMHO, this should not be happening on a $80K *car*. Nor a $70K *car*, nor a $60K *car*.
    Yea, I bet they pulled out the bulbs to dry it or did something. I am hoping they didnt drill holes hah.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I see once in a great while, usually after the car is washed and the humidity is up outside. As long as the humidity stays so does the condensation in the lights (left side is worse than the right). Once it drops down the condensation goes quickly too.

It is a known issue on the STS/STS-V Some dealerships will replace the lights once for the problem. Almost all cars no matter their cost have issues within certain models, this is one of ours.

Pjazz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SG V8 RWD

Just had mine replaced on the passenger side. Mine has been fogged up for about 3 weeks. Dealer replaced no problem.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

The headlights come as 1 complete unit. That means balast and bulbs. $1,000 per. I know. My dealer broke my DRL housing and wouldn't admit it even though they just replaced that DRL. THEY DOUBLE STICKIED IT IN with some black gummy looking tape.

Hennesy Cadillac Gwinnett GA

That's in case they search the Internet for their name. This thread will come up. ;-)

Pjazz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SG V8 RWD

I wonder would this problem have something to do with the head lamp washer?

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Update. She said that if the problem persists we can work something out with her manager..
    Was your service advisor named Rose? I'm still waiting to hear back from her and Patrick about some chrome trim pieces that fell off my 2010 SRX and they were suppose to order... Going on over a month now. I know the part was back ordered, but come on, no status updates until I call to find out what is going on? I have always had issues with Patrick, which is why I no longer bring my vehicle there for ANY mechanical issues. Only reason I use them at all is because they are so close to my house. I don't even buy my Cadillac's from them.

It was Rose! Definitely not too hard on the eyes.. but she seems like shes always rushing, too busy. I had dealt with Mike before, who seemed pretty knowledgeable and had owned a 1st gen cts-v. But he got bumped up to Patrick BMW.

I work near Patrick, so I go out of convenience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjazz View Post
    I wonder would this problem have something to do with the head lamp washer?
    It's external so I don't see how. Plus the times it's occurred to me I haven't used the washer, but the car has been washed.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Dang, Rose took good care of me (OK, my car) a couple months ago, but everything was under CPO so no cost to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    It's external so I don't see how. Plus the times it's occurred to me I haven't used the washer, but the car has been washed.
    Yea, mine was from parking overnight outside when it rained. Speaking of headlamp washers.. how do they work? I havent seen mine come on ever.

coati is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Talking Re: Headlight Condensation

Yea, mine was from parking overnight outside when it rained. Speaking of headlamp washers.. how do they work? I havent seen mine come on ever.
    Here's a video of it in action!

Engage your windshield washer with the lights on and they should pop out and spray the headlights.
    Personally don't care for it as sometimes my headlights are on and all I want to do is clean off the windshield and not get the front end of the car wet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.