Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 52 replies 10 participants last post by  Psycho-albanian 
#1 ·
I think I am ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have one for sale?

Also, could I have an exhaust shop just weld up some mufflers and tips
without voiding my GMPP warranty?

Back when I was looking for exhaust for my fleetwood I was thinking of
Spin Tech mufflers. They sounded so mean with LT-1's.

#3 ·
I was looking for a used one because my funds are tight. I called The Gm protection plan they said I can put any exhaust on there and it will not void the warranty. I guess I should have asked about intake as well even though I already have that.

Anyone have an exhaust system who lives in South Florida I can hear?

I am debating if I should go to my exhaust guy and ask him what type of setup he can put together instead of Corsa or Borla.

I dont think Flow Master 40's would sound good.

Anyone remove the cats or gut them?

Off topic but anyone have a stage 2 intake for sale to?

#6 ·
I got the corsa, I am very happy with it. I was a bit worried it would not be deep enough sounding, but it really sounds good. If I need more sound later, I can drop an x-pipe in. The youtubes dont really do anything justice.. the corsa exhausts on there all sounded different haha

I never heard another exhaust on the car.. but I rarely see other sts-v's period.

#9 ·
Yeah that is one of the reasons why I wanted the GMPP.
What is the stock pipe dia 2.25 or 2.5? Is the gmpp 2.5?

I was thinking of having mufflers and tips welded up there to save on cost
and possibly get a louder exhaust tone.

I want mine as loud as I can get it. My fleetwood has flow master 40's
and gutted cats it almost sounds like it has a cam in it.

#10 ·
Yea the way I figured is that 90% of my reasoning to get an exhaust was sound and looks.. the performance gain is minimal for any system.

I ended up paying for 2 hours of labor trying to get my Corsa welded on.. If the GMPP exhaust is an easy install, that could be coming close to covering the difference.. But since that guy already had the ebay one on his car, it could be an easy install?

#11 ·
Yeah I think a new corsa system has to have the hangers modified. I think Im just going to go with the gmpp.
Although, I would love to try something custom. Ive heard 3" pipe is good for a blown setup.
Stock exhaust seems like its being choked out. I may take it to my exhaust guy and see what he can envision.
He does not have a manderel bender though.

#12 ·
The GMPP system is a complete bolt on -- Lots of pieces; X pipe; lots of adjustments can be made.. Has a deep, throaty growl at WOT.. Haven't met a person yet that didn't compliment on it. However, the N* is still quieter than my Escalade truck with GMPP Performance Exhaust.. then again thats like a water main for an exhaust on the 6.2 :)

#13 ·
I get many compliments on the sound of the car, most of the time is when I hit it to WOT as it's going away from them. Literally having people call me on the cell saying how good it sounded as I was leaving. I've never regretted getting the GMPP.

#14 ·
Sounds like im going to be getting that one. What are those chambers by the Xpipe?
I wonder if the muffle sound at all.
Anyone ever weld in straight pipe instead of the cat? Or high flow cats? I live in Forida no emisions. If there is an 02 after the cat I guess I would have to delete it out of the PCM

Im still going to check with my exhaust guy just for fun. A custom 3 inch system would be pretty nasty I think. Just would have to decide on mufflers if it's possible.

#18 ·
I believe all states require cats on vehicles that were originally fitted with them and running on public roads. If you run without them or modify them so that they are violating the OBD standards that's a federal violation as well as a state related one.

Now we all know some(one) are running without cats :) But as a technicality you would have to have them on the street in our cars.

#17 ·
I am doing a set of Magnaflow 14326 mufflers, double wall slash cut tips, and a 10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe. They are sitting in my garage waiting to get put on.

#19 ·
Are you just welding them up to your existing piping?
Will the maganaflow xpipe fit?

I am going to see what my options are when I talk with my guy.

3 inch cat back with spintech mufflers would sound amazing.
Plus no one has them.

Spintech is one of the best flowing mufflers made.

I know no cats is very illegal and a hefty fine. Luckily mine are gutted on the fleetwood so no one can really tell.
I have never been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud in my car or on my bike.
My bike has a full exhaust system headers,xpipe and mufflers. They are rated at around 105-110 db

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

#23 ·
Its all sitting in my garage currently waiting to be put on. I should have it done in the next week or two.

#26 · (Edited)
Here are the part numbers.:thumbsup:

(2) Magnaflow 14326 mufflers
(2) Magnaflow 35121 double wall slash cut tips
(2) Vibrant 13070 (couldn't find anyone else with a 60 degree elbow)
(1)10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe.

I would suggest using the Vibrant pipes or someone elses unless your exhaust guy can do a mandrel bend. If you use 2.5" and do a crush bend it gets smaller than 2" at the bend which is more restriction than I wanted.

CIWS: I will try to get Video when I am done.

#28 ·
Thanks a lot! I found Vibrants website. Spintech sells those pieces but they are more money for stainless steel then the vibrants. Yeah I defenitley do not want non mandrel bent since the whole system is.

Now I just have to decide on tips. The part number you gave for your tips were with a 2.25 inlet thought you needed 2.5?

The mufflers you are getting are off set too so I guess that is what I am going to need. I will be going this afternoon and hopefully he can throw it on the lift and see if he has the same ideas.

#36 ·
So I went to my exhaust guy this morning for him to check it out on the lift. First he told me my exhaust system is NOT mandrel bent.
Is this correct? When I brought up the 60 degree mandrel bent pipe he said I do not need it and that unless I have 700 hp it's not needed and it will not do anything for me. He said He would use and bend his own pipe. Do you think it's becuase he does not want to work with it?
The exhaust boxes are very small. They are 4x6x12. He also said he could cut off my stock tips and weld then on the new mufflers but I dont think I want to do that.

#40 ·
Stupid question, but Corsa must have dozens of variations on different catback systems for different makes/models of vehicles.

If I wanted to check ebay and search Corsa, many irrelevant listings come up - is there a specific model number that the GMPP setup uses?

Thanks,
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.