WTB GMPP Exhaust - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, WTB GMPP Exhaust in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Redxped your PM box is full it wont let me reply....
    cadillac94pimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham,06 STS-V Black/Tango, 06 Hayabusa LE

Re: WTB GMPP Exhaust

Redxped your PM box is full it wont let me reply.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I am doing a set of Magnaflow 14326 mufflers, double wall slash cut tips, and a 10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe. They are sitting in my garage waiting to get put on.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    I think custom would be fun, def cheaper too.. if your state does not required to have cats.. dont!
    I believe all states require cats on vehicles that were originally fitted with them and running on public roads. If you run without them or modify them so that they are violating the OBD standards that's a federal violation as well as a state related one.

Now we all know some(one) are running without cats But as a technicality you would have to have them on the street in our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I am doing a set of Magnaflow 14326 mufflers, double wall slash cut tips, and a 10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe. They are sitting in my garage waiting to get put on.
    Are you just welding them up to your existing piping?
    Will the maganaflow xpipe fit?

I am going to see what my options are when I talk with my guy.

3 inch cat back with spintech mufflers would sound amazing.
    Plus no one has them.

Spintech is one of the best flowing mufflers made.

I know no cats is very illegal and a hefty fine. Luckily mine are gutted on the fleetwood so no one can really tell.
    I have never been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud in my car or on my bike.
    My bike has a full exhaust system headers,xpipe and mufflers. They are rated at around 105-110 db

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac94pimpin View Post
    Are you just welding them up to your existing piping?
    Will the maganaflow xpipe fit?

I am going to see what my options are when I talk with my guy.

3 inch cat back with spintech mufflers would sound amazing.
    Plus no one has them.

Spintech is one of the best flowing mufflers made.

I know no cats is very illegal and a hefty fine. Luckily mine are gutted on the fleetwood so no one can really tell.
    I have never been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud in my car or on my bike.
    My bike has a full exhaust system headers,xpipe and mufflers. They are rated at around 105-110 db

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/
    I am using the factory pipe as it is 2.5" Mandrel bend. I am replacing the factory resonator with the "X" pipe and the mufflers are 2.5". I also got 2 Vibrant 13070 60 degree T304SS elbows to match the mufflers with the factory pipes.

As far as Spintech is concerned I am just afraid they will be too loud for my tastes. I do not like the way Corsa sounds either. To me they sound a little to tinny. I know there are a lot of people that would argue with me about Corsa and Borla but hey, its my car and I want it to sound good to me. I think I am going to be very happy with the Magnaflows. The set up is the same mufflers and "X" pipe that is used on the 04-08 CTS-V.

I am using the factory pipe as it is 2.5" Mandrel bend. I am replacing the factory resonator with the "X" pipe and the mufflers are 2.5". I also got 2 Vibrant 13070 60 degree T304SS elbows to match the mufflers with the factory pipes.

As far as Spintech is concerned I am just afraid they will be too loud for my tastes. I do not like the way Corsa sounds either. To me they sound a little to tinny. I know there are a lot of people that would argue with me about Corsa and Borla but hey, its my car and I want it to sound good to me. I think I am going to be very happy with the Magnaflows. The set up is the same mufflers and "X" pipe that is used on the 04-08 CTS-V.
    Yeah thats what I want to loud. I do like the borla sound but im afraid it will be to quiet. So where are you geting your xpipe from and are you sure it will fit? What tips are you going to go with?

Yeah thats what I want to loud. I do like the borla sound but im afraid it will be to quiet. So where are you geting your xpipe from and are you sure it will fit? What tips are you going to go with?
    I am a Magnaflow dealer and employee purchased it from my Magnaflow Rep with the Mufflers and Tips. The tips are Magnaflow 35121's. And Yes I am sure the "X" pipe will fit with little if any modification. The exhaust shop had my car on the lift to eyeball the install. They do not have a Mandrel bender so that is why I got the 13070 Vibrant pipes.

Its all sitting in my garage currently waiting to be put on. I should have it done in the next week or two.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Please get us some video If possible with the car going by vs just sitting in the driveway rev'n.

I am a Magnaflow dealer and employee purchased it from my Magnaflow Rep with the Mufflers and Tips. The tips are Magnaflow 35121's. And Yes I am sure the "X" pipe will fit with little if any modification. The exhaust shop had my car on the lift to eyeball the install. They do not have a Mandrel bender so that is why I got the 13070 Vibrant pipes.
    That's nice! It's always good to know someone. So since you already did some of my leg work what was the part number for the x pipe?
    Was it that universal one they sell on summit?
    Should I use those pipes you are reffering to the Vibrant pipes?
    Where would I get them from and would you know what muffler offest I should need? I will be asking my exhaust guy all these questions tommorow morning just want to get a jump on my research.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Im looking forward to having the lodest lac in my area besides my fleetwood

Here are the part numbers.

(2) Magnaflow 14326 mufflers
    (2) Magnaflow 35121 double wall slash cut tips
    (2) Vibrant 13070 (couldn't find anyone else with a 60 degree elbow)
    (1)10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe.

I would suggest using the Vibrant pipes or someone elses unless your exhaust guy can do a mandrel bend. If you use 2.5" and do a crush bend it gets smaller than 2" at the bend which is more restriction than I wanted.

CIWS: I will try to get Video when I am done.

zcak is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): none

I have a custom H-Pipe and 2x 14326 mufflers installed with Corsa Double Walled tips. Sounds amazing, i get more comments on this exhaust than my full Basani exhaust on my cobra.

Here are the part numbers.

(2) Magnaflow 14326 mufflers
    (2) Magnaflow 35121 double wall slash cut tips
    (2) Vibrant 13070 (couldn't find anyone else with a 60 degree elbow)
    (1)10791 2.5" Magnaflow X Pipe.

I would suggest using the Vibrant pipes or someone elses unless your exhaust guy can do a mandrel bend. If you use 2.5" and do a crush bend it gets smaller than 2" at the bend which is more restriction than I wanted.

CIWS: I will try to get Video when I am done.
    Thanks a lot! I found Vibrants website. Spintech sells those pieces but they are more money for stainless steel then the vibrants. Yeah I defenitley do not want non mandrel bent since the whole system is.

Now I just have to decide on tips. The part number you gave for your tips were with a 2.25 inlet thought you needed 2.5?

The mufflers you are getting are off set too so I guess that is what I am going to need. I will be going this afternoon and hopefully he can throw it on the lift and see if he has the same ideas.

[QUOTE=cadillac94pimpin;2224912]Now I just have to decide on tips. The part number you gave for your tips were with a 2.25 inlet thought you needed 2.5?QUOTE]

I know but I wanted the Double walled and slash cut so we are going to "Modify" the tips just a bit.

[quote=PGA2B;2224950]
    Now I just have to decide on tips. The part number you gave for your tips were with a 2.25 inlet thought you needed 2.5?QUOTE]

I know but I wanted the Double walled and slash cut so we are going to "Modify" the tips just a bit.
    O ok I got you. You can open up the dia of the inlet pipe with a machine I think. I saw some nice borla tips on summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOR-20155/

They look like only the edge is stainless though. I cant be having that.

Did you figure out the max outlet dia of the tip to fit in the bumper without melting it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.