Blowers available - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Blowers available in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Per UCS, there is no P&P available from him, just OEM blowers...... I'm thinking Steigmeyer. F...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Blowers available

Per UCS, there is no P&P available from him, just OEM blowers...... I'm thinking Steigmeyer.

F

fast impala is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, sold to fish!

Red face Re: Blowers available

I've got a feeling I'm not going to like what Steigmeyer would charge.

I couldnt get an answer from PGA2B

F

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Individual stage porting prices and snakebite prices are listed on his website http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html He does not specify our car however you can figure it is going to be close to price listed. There are different stages of porting/polishing so pricing is not as simple as one set price. It will depend on what level porting you want specifically. You can call him to get more information on each stage. I specifically went with the snakebite and a stage 5 port/polish along with throttle body and intercooler lid work.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I couldnt get an answer from PGA2B

F
    Did I miss something? An answer on what?

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Price on your porting and polishing

Sorry PGA, I meant Coach......thanks coach for the link.....

F

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

"F.
    I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?"

As you know I am interested in this blower and the Snike Bite mod,
    What troubles me is the thoughts from Dan, about wheel hop....... anybody on this?
    In the past it seems that we would stager the shocks and gusssesed the lower mounts. I'm not sure this can be done with the STS V, On my AMX we did that and had tq links that were factory installed on a standard tubed axel rear end,
    this helped with that problem last thing we need is more issues. I wonder if the CTSV crowd has these same issues and how do they deal with it? Are there rear end set up like ours? I don't like the idea of breaking parts. Fords are a dime a dozen, so parts are fairly avalible from a nunber of sources.. Just some food for though. F. brought it up a wihile back and no one responed to his comments. F. How did you deal with this issue?

pj96ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V

Tranny Specs

I found a document this morning that lists the max specs for the Hydra-Matic 6L80 (MYC) six-speed automatic

Type:
    six-speed electronically controlled, automatic overdrive transmission

Engine range
    4.4L SC - 6.2L

Maximum engine torque lb-ft / Nm: 430 / 583

Maximum gearbox torque lb-ft / Nm: 664 / 900

I'm looking for any specs on the rear end.

P.J.

Quote Originally Posted by cad08stsv View Post
    "F.
    I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?"

As you know I am interested in this blower and the Snike Bite mod,
    What troubles me is the thoughts from Dan, about wheel hop....... anybody on this?
    In the past it seems that we would stager the shocks and gusssesed the lower mounts. I'm not sure this can be done with the STS V, On my AMX we did that and had tq links that were factory installed on a standard tubed axel rear end,
    this helped with that problem last thing we need is more issues. I wonder if the CTSV crowd has these same issues and how do they deal with it? Are there rear end set up like ours? I don't like the idea of breaking parts. Fords are a dime a dozen, so parts are fairly avalible from a nunber of sources.. Just some food for though. F. brought it up a wihile back and no one responed to his comments. F. How did you deal with this issue?
    Sheesh....this reminds me of 2005 when everyone had the same issue with the CTSv rear end grenading. Bottom line is this; the STSv has more torque nannies than youre gonna be able to overcome....the car wont let the extra torque get your rearend off the line...it'll just bog (unless you have a tuner remove the tq mgmt nannies - then all bets are off). From a roll, you will have no issue....even if its a 5HP roll..... Dont worry about staggering shocks/putting a C3 pumpkin in the rear/wheelhop kits, it just wont do anything for you except make noise and drive you crazy.
    So, what I am planning on doing is to snakebite the blower, install it, and drive it like I stole it and not worry about anything.

F

Heres our diff: Getrag type 645 w/ a 3:73 ratio.

meekna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

So has anyone done it? ...Ported/Polished the stock blower? What gains do we get? It looks pretty cheap ~$250.

Red face Re: Blowers available

Hi everyone,
    Did we or didn't we get the go ahead from the supplier of the blowers to start purchasing them?
    If we do have the go ahead have we been able to come to some sort of agreement as to a group purchase?
    I seem to remember that there were needed around 10 people to do a group purchase. I think we had enough or close to it.
    Those that have put there name on the list need to make a commitment to this purchase. I have the money in hand and I am ready to go. Who eles is ready?
    If we can't get the necessary number of people to do this, than have we need a per peice price, and how much is it. I would rather not lay up my car with an open engine valley for to long of a time.
    I guess what I am asking is for a definitive answer from those on the list, PLEASE
    Kindest regards
    Russell

mine is on order now....should have it this weekend. I DO need to find a place to P/P it though.

F

F,
    Aren't you going to use Steigmeyer's snakebite?
    Or do you have some one eles in mind, or are you looking for someone to do this work?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.