Blowers available - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Blowers available in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I encourage everyone to take a look at this website for more information. http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html This is going to be the ...
    coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

Re: Blowers available

I encourage everyone to take a look at this website for more information. http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html This is going to be the first of it's kind so be patient for the results. I have already stated my mods so far. I do not have any intercooler mods but eventually will be getting the killerchiller from Kincaid Performance to assist the cooling (this too will be the first of its kind for our vehicle). According to Bob's (owner of Steigemeier porting) website he typically see's around a 20 degree temp drop in IAT2's with stage 5 port. My car will be the first to have his patented Snakebite and porting work done. Bob spent about a week with my supercharger and did some extensive work on the internals. My plans are to get the car put back together and get it dynoed with all needed info for a before and after comparison. Later I will be adding the killerchiller which should alleviate any computer related timing retard due to high charge air temps. I have researched extensively since I bought the car on the products and vendors I wanted to use.

Redxped1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v 04 cts-v

go look around on the 03+ mustang cobra forums they are getting aroing 100hp just for porting there factory blower so i dont see it being to far off on ours also

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

hope GM kept some Getrag diffs in stock......

F

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I'll be the first one to eat crow if Bob can get that much out of our Supercharger. I hope he can.

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

I am rooting for you Coach, I hope this guy know what he is talking doing. From the first mention of this guy it sounded like all you do is port and Polish , there was no more involved, so we could get the car worked on without the dealer knowing about it. Not to void the warrenty. Do you think that is still true or not? In any case thank you for the valuable worrk you are doing now. I guess we will let the chips fall where thay may.
    Russell

The supercharger has had port and polish work done as well as his patented Snakebite. The "Snakebite" changes the internal gearing to give you more boost without the need for pulley changes. Bob is an authorized Eaton remanufacturer and has worked with these superchargers for years. He determines the max boost the supercharger can obtain after porting while still in their efficiency range and then gears the supercharger to obtain that amount of boost. I believe he said I should see around 16-18 lbs of boost when I get the supercharger back. The porting work that he did not only included the supercharger but also the intercooler lid. I should have it back to me on Wednesday so I'm excited to see the results.

fast impala is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, sold to fish!

Question Re: Blowers available

I'm a little puzzled here, is the work you are having done to your blower, related to the initial post about the extra blowers? Or, are we talking about two different things here?

I'm interested in both, but it seems we're going a little off course, here.

The work I have done is to my original blower. I posted on this thread since everyone was talking about getting them ported. I will start a new thread when results come in.

Hello,
    Are we still going to be able to buy blowers from this other guy. I would rather not have my car layed up with out a blower for what ever time it take to port and polish the other one? Any thought on this subject.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by cad08stsv View Post
    Hello,
    Are we still going to be able to buy blowers from this other guy. I would rather not have my car layed up with out a blower for what ever time it take to port and polish the other one? Any thought on this subject.
    Russell
    Simple answer is yes you can.

F

Good Morning F,
    Where and when.
    Russell

As I understand it the vendor is tuning raceboats right now....should be back with info this wknd.

F

UCSmotorsport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): wishing for new V :-)

Hi folks
    What a crazy month!! I just got back from a 4 leg trip that ended up in Lake Tahoe. If any of you are out that way I am truly jealous; it is absolutely stunning scenery there. I have a breather for a few weeks with no extended travel so I can stay on top of this thread.
    I have added a few extra pictures of the blowers on my album.
    It is nice to see since I imagine not many have seen the insides of these and how the Laminova intercooler system works. In some of the close ups you can see the”moon like” surface and its imperfections in the parting lines of the castings.
    Anyway, I have run into a wall on the porting work for the blowers. My guy I use has proved his inability to deliver due to an overwhelming back log of head porting work to take care of. We were working on a CNC program but it never got finished. I am having horrible issues with getting parts delivered on time and think it may be better to go another route. I think another member mentioned Stiegemeier as a possibility to handle the upgrades. I think this community could try to get a group deal if they do quite a few all at once.
    I am fighting time as well and will probably snap up the blowers as soon as I can (hopefully by the weeks end)so I don’t lose out on getting them.
    I need sleep and will check in tomorrow and take a tally of the parties interested and get a list going.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Wow, those casting look like ass. I would think cleaning them up so the air flow is smooth would result in good gains!! The outlet looks like it could be opened up a touch also.

Do you have pricing on these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Wow, those casting look like ass. I would think cleaning them up so the air flow is smooth would result in good gains!! The outlet looks like it could be opened up a touch also.

Do you have pricing on these yet?
    He stated in Post #27 that these would be 1250/ea. I am in for one...thats a smokin good price.

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.