Blowers available - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Blowers available in Cadillac V-Series Forums; just spoke with my bud...more info coming soon. F...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Blowers available

just spoke with my bud...more info coming soon.

F

pricing is less than half of new....and the company bought all remaining of blower, so none are available, except thru him....

He will be posting as a vendor here in the next day or two.

F

fast impala is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, sold to fish!

Thumbs up Re: Blowers available

I'd certainly like to have one. I hope we get first shot!

The vendor will be here shortly....STSv's get first crack at this.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Any update?

cad08stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 03 STS, 08 STS V

Good Morning F
    Any update on the blowers? I know we are all looking forward to this
    deal.
    Thanks for your time
    Russell

Yup, there is an update....I spoke with the soon-to-be vendor. He has paid on this site and will be posting pix soon....along with pricing. Pricing looks VERY favorable compared to new.
    He should have his pricing and contact info along with blowers pix up soon.

F

csf
    csf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V (Platinum/Gray)

While I'd like to have a spare blower also, if this is true it makes me wonder what good a factory or CPO warranty is if there are no superchargers in the GM inventory for warranty repairs should someone need a new one. I already read here there may not be OEM replacement hoods either. Am I misreading this stuff? Seems crazy to have a car only two years old you can't get parts for.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

By Federal law GM has to produce and/or supply parts for 10 years after the last production car leaves the assembly line. Don't worry

^^^^what Dan said...you just may have to wait while they find the dies to stamp the hoods.

F

UCS Motorsports is now a vendor - they have posted in the General Forum and will likely be posting here soon with pricing and availability.

F

UCSmotorsport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): wishing for new V :-)

Hello everyone. Well first off let me apologize for the length of time it has taken to respond to this thread. I take care of a few race cars/teams calibration needs and this season has caught me off guard with my work load. I have also taken on some racing boats this year…what was I thinking there is not enough hours in the day for all this!!
    I promise to make time for this endeavor with the blowers and will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
    Here is the story behind the blowers:
    As most all of you know the financial troubles GM has gotten themselves into over the past year. The “bean counters” (don’t mean to offend) have subsequently ordered the “thinning” of the company which translates to get rid of everything that is possible in the surplus areas. It is usually true for them to cover the possible warranty parts issues for 10 years but from the warehouses full of auction parts I have seen it is truly amazing what is getting dished off. I have a few associates that base their salaries off of moving these parts from surplus or auction to either profit via scrap or resale to third party suppliers. It turns out I got the call to help identify what exactly they were and found out that they were intended to be sold to a aftermarket car company to be reconfigured for use on another vehicle. While this deal is still pending I have arranged the opportunity to offer them for their intended use on the STS V and XLR V.I am also looking to some of you to reconfirm it is in fact the same blower on those two cars. So after this lengthy explanation I come to the meat and ‘taters of pricing. Suggested retail is over $3000 for these units and I believe places like GM parts direct and GM parts place sell them for around $2700 plus shipping (if they have them)and we all know how the “stealerships” treat us all. I can sell these for $1250.00 to forum members with shipping costs depending on the buyer’s location. I did a quick worst case scenario with a shipping price from Michigan to San Diego and it was still only around $160.
    I think this is more than fair and I am not looking to get rich off this as reflected in the $1250 pricing. It just so happens my best friend has an STS V and this is how it all came about.
    I will try to post what pics I have in my album (UCSmotorsport) or a link (I will take some better higher res pics when possible).
    I need to gauge the serious interest in these blowers to reserve whatever number I will need.
    Thanks for lookin

fast impala is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, sold to fish!

Thumbs up Re: Blowers available

Assuming these are indeed the correct blower for our cars, I am ready to buy whenever you have all the details ironed out.

I'm an old hotrodder, racer, etc., and I keep my cars a long time. I will do a major upgrade on my V, in the coming years. I'm ready to buy.

UCSmotorsport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): wishing for new V :-)

I am going to try to find an identification number and photograph it for verification.
    I am also working with our CNC head porter for possible improvements to ports and problematic casting impurities.

got to sign off for a few hous and take care of buis....be back on later tonight

the Vendor has spoken! Good to see you on board UCS!

F

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.