Over Aligned? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Over Aligned? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Pretty sure no change on these; The specs I posted above with 28-29 rear 32-33 front tire pressure have resulted ...
    silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

Re: Over Aligned?

Pretty sure no change on these; The specs I posted above with 28-29 rear 32-33 front tire pressure have resulted in excellent wear on my car for the past year.

It was realigned a couple weeks ago after lower control arm replacement (squeaky bushings), but other than that all is well.

jerrylsantos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Have we confirmed if Firestone has the right numbers for our alignment?

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Bump.

I had some pretty terrible shoulder wear (equal on the inside and outside) on Pilot Sport+ A/S's and (before learning about this forum) brought it to the dealership....they said it wasn't really out of alignment, but made it perfect for me. 3000 miles later it was still wearing horribly uneven. I thought that maybe because I was running standard tires, that by keeping them at the factory recommended psi I was running on the outside of the tires due to a weaker sidewall. I cranked up the psi to the 37-38 range to a) see if this would make a difference and b) get some extra life out of them since the center tread was almost new looking still. The wearing has definitely slowed since then but I'm going to end up needing new tires by the end of the summer.

The "new" specs from firestone were never posted here. Does anyone have access to them, or any numbers that are different than stock, other than the first ones posted back on pg.1? The stock setting seems to lean a little too heavily on the inside of the tire. Yeah, i love taking the car hard into entrance/exit ramps from time to time, but not every day and since 99% of my driving is in a straight line I'd rather have a set up optimized for straight line driving.

Just looking for more opinions on this matter since tires really aren't cheap and spending $1000 every 18,000 miles isn't going to be fun.

Silverws6ta: Are those original posted specs plus the PSI's you posted still working wonders for you?

Anyone else have a setup they think is good enough to share, and if so please let us know what tires you're running.

Thanks everyone.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I use 28psi hot for rears and 32psi hot for fronts and my alignment specs I got from page one and I should get 2 years and about 25-28K out of my Hankooks. The wear is pretty even through out the tire.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

I have alignment specs for my V lowered on D3 springs with 20s. Dont know if this will help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.