SD and TC off test
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, SD and TC off test in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I need you STS-V owners to try something. Up to now I always put the car in drive and while ...
    LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

SD and TC off test

I need you STS-V owners to try something.

Up to now I always put the car in drive and while driving down the road pushed the stick over to SD and then held down the TC button for 10 sec.

BUT

by dumb luck while towing with my Denali I always put the truck in tow mode while driving. One day I put the truck in tow mode while in park and got better shift points. So I thought to myself try it on the V

SO

I jumped in the V and while in "PARK" I hit the TC button for 10 Sec. and then put the car in SD. I think I notice better throttle response and better performance all around plus a noticable difference in exhaust note at WOT.

See if you get the same results.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: SD and TC off test

Hmm, 10 seconds and stability and traction are off. I'm not much for taking stability off my car with the fat ass. Although I know there are some brave souls like yourself here Dan.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

There is something to this. I did it this morning and not only did it shift more smoothly. I had better throttle response. But the best part is that I got the best gas mileage I have ever had in the car. At 65mph I was getting 26.3mpg average when I normally get 21-22. So there is definitely a difference. Now we just need to figure out what is the difference in the modes and create a tune based on this.

P.S. I have a stock tune and no mods (yet).

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Hmm, 10 seconds and stability and traction are off. I'm not much for taking stability off my car with the fat ass. Although I know there are some brave souls like yourself here Dan.
    TC may be completely off and stabilitrac say its off it's not. Stabilitrack will still kick in if you get too out of shape. Actually they are very easy cars to drift. Very predictable. Only time I thought she was going to go all the way around me was when I hit black ice and gunned it. ( I knew the patch of ice was there and was having some fun)

If I could figure out how to take stability completely off without removing the rear wheel sensors I would be even happier.

BTW... I am on stock tune and only mod is intake stage 1 and 2

I'm going to go load the race tune and see if it changes the "PARK" test results

Let us know your results Dan

STS-V Dude is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): STS-V

subscribed.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I didn't notice any difference with my STS-V

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    I didn't notice any difference with my STS-V

Bob
    Nevermind.... I saw on your Cardomain page yours is an 06 also. HMMMMM............

silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Nevermind.... I saw on your Cardomain page yours is an 06 also. HMMMMM............
    I forgot to try this today!!! But when it quits raining later on in the week; I will!

rglenn828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V

Thanks another feature I was unaware of that I learned on this forum. I turned the traction control and stability control off and it does seem to shift smoother especially when you get on the gas Does anyone know what is the difference between the having the traction control and stability control off and the Competitive Driving mode (shift points)?
    Regards,
    Bob

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I wouldn't recommend driving around without your stability control on even if it does seem to improve the shift points. That is unless you are a very experienced driver and used to how this car reacts. Now TC off and/or in CDM is fine because the stability system is still engaged.

Roll on Mr. Spaceman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone still fooling with this?
    Is there a thread on all the cool, unpublished settings we've found?
    I couldn't find one with the search.

Thanks

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

their is no diferance on my car but my tune and trans tune are not stock my car shifts so hard it will give you wiplash if you are not in your seat. i all ways get in all my cars and take all driver aids off. abs is all i want tc/sc im my c5/v/bmw i dont want my car driving me i want to drive my car. dont take this the wrong way but what did you guys do 15 years a go when cars did not even have abs park every time it rained? my second car was a 78 z28 with a 350/350hp engine when i was 17 and i still have that car and i had studded snow tires for it so i could get to school.. try it with tc/sc off theis cars dont bite you will be ok. ryan

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    their is no diferance on my car but my tune and trans tune are not stock my car shifts so hard it will give you wiplash if you are not in your seat. i all ways get in all my cars and take all driver aids off. abs is all i want tc/sc im my c5/v/bmw i dont want my car driving me i want to drive my car. dont take this the wrong way but what did you guys do 15 years a go when cars did not even have abs park every time it rained? my second car was a 78 z28 with a 350/350hp engine when i was 17 and i still have that car and i had studded snow tires for it so i could get to school.. try it with tc/sc off theis cars dont bite you will be ok. ryan
    Why the hell are you driving a Cadillac?

Sounds like you are in the wrong type of car my friend. If you hate when a car drives for you but love performance, there are umpteen billion choices out there that are both faster and cheaper than an STS-V. The point of the STS-V is comfortable CONTROLLED performance.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I love the car and the way it drives and handles I just don't need it telling me if I can drift the turn or not. If I want to push the tail out I can if the driver aids are off and it is very fun in this car and is more controllable than my vette. if you have seen and of my YouTube videos you can tell I'm not scared to drive the car the way a v was meant to be driven. My vette and z28 both have tc or sc so as for finding a car with out it It will half to be old. My vette is a 99 and the z28 01. I drive all my cars like I stole them. Ryan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.