Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  silverws6ta 
#1 ·
I have been looking around for a "Nice Used Family Sedan" for a couple of months.

Found a nice 2006 CTS-V but was concerned about the smaller size and the wife shifting the 6 speed. (If I let her drive it)

I somehow stumbled onto the STS-V while searching the classifieds and the decision had been made. I had never seen one before.
I just had to find the right one.
Autotrader - 13 miles from my house - NO BRAINER.

I picked up my new (to me) 2007 STS-V this afternoon.
Thunder Gray with Light Gray/Black interior. Just below 34K on the clock.
It has the Corsa exhaust and the dealer put on new HanKook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires.

It was missing the #1 Fob and the Nav Disc but the dealer has ordered them for me. (I trust them)

I have not driven it very far but my first impression is WOW.
Comfortable, everything but the kitchen sink inside, sounds like "Don't even think about it" and can back it up with awesome power.

Glad I picked this one over the other cars I looked at.

Charlie

See less See more
#5 ·
I bought it from a Buick-Pontiac-GMC Dealer. It was a lease vehicle they picked up at the local GM auction.
The factory warranty is good until 06/2011 or 50K miles. It turned 34K last night.
He quoted me $1,805 for a GMPP Major Guard 4 year 48K "0" Deductable extended warranty.
I know I can do much better than that at Fichtner in Montana.

I think these HanKook's are summer tires and it is friggin cold here.
Tough to keep them from spinning when starting from a dead stop.
The ride is great though.
I had run flats on my Prowler and that ride was horrible.
Knock the fillings from your teeth horrible.

#3 ·
Welcome and Congratulatons!!

#9 · (Edited)
Congrads on your new ride. As you can see we all love the car. I have learned a lot on this forum. I think I have read most all the threads on the STS V forum and quite a lot on the STS forum. Those guys have giving me some real insite
about the STS in general. You still have some time left on your warrenty. I wouldn"t worry any. It does have it's quarks and they are puzzling. Between the Dealer, Forum Members and your owners manual you should be able to come
up with the answers to any questions. As to tires, I would guess it is a matter of expense and style of driving you plan to do. The very best of luck. Don't be shy visit often. Post some photos when upi can. D3 has some cool stuff also
Later
Russell:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.