supercharger problem, any ideas ?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, supercharger problem, any ideas ? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; hey fellas i recently got my car back after fixing a rattling sound coming from under the car which was ...
  1. #1
    Mazz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac sts-v
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    U.A.E Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    44

    Exclamation supercharger problem, any ideas ?

    hey fellas

    i recently got my car back after fixing a rattling sound coming from under the car which was due to a metal piece in the catalytic converter or somewhere down there, got the car right before the dealer was closing for the weekend and was happy with the fast service but now i got this.

    my car feels really slow and from what i can see the supercharger boost indicator in the dash shows me 20% efficiency while driving, from stop i kick the pedal WOT and see the boost indicator going to half and slowly going down to 20-30%, 2nd gear and the boost either stays the same or goes down slightly and as the speed builds up and gears change the boost just stays there @ 20-30% of the bar when i take my foot of and kick the pedal again boost jumps to almost 60% and goes back to 30-40% and slowly goes down to the same 20-30%.

    very frustrating problem with the car only @ 45,000 kms , took the car back but the dealer didnt know what was wrong. took it further away to another dealer and they changed the spark plugs on my request and cleaned the supercharger from the inside or so i was told but still no improvment what so ever. tomorrow the car will be towed to a far away dealer who seems to have a bigger place with twice as much engineers and technicians, fingers crossed hope they get to know whats causing this.

    has anybody crossed upon a smiliar problem? what was the solution? anybody wanna share some knowledge regarding what could be affecting the supercharger?

    while in neutral revving the car makes the boost jump to almost 70% and go back down so i guess its working fine but whats affecting it while driving?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    55cadillacking is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    140

    Re: supercharger problem, any ideas ?

    The rattling sound you had, was it while the car was in motion and/or after you had turned the car off?

  4. #3
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,365

    Re: supercharger problem, any ideas ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    while in neutral revving the car makes the boost jump to almost 70% and go back down so i guess its working fine but whats affecting it while driving?
    The first time it was in for service to fix the rattle did they remove the supercharger ?

  5. #4
    Mazz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac sts-v
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    U.A.E Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    44

    Re: supercharger problem, any ideas ?

    the rattling sound was only heard when the engine is cold, once temp goes to normal it would go away and sometimes when the weather is hot but u can really hear it loud when its cold.

    i asked them about the removal of the supercharger and they said that no one has gone anywhere near it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting