Trade 06 V8 sts for a STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Trade 06 V8 sts for a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just bought this sweet STS V8 two weeks ago. Dealer calls me yesterday says he has a STS-V with ...
    Wrangler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS performance v-8

Trade 06 V8 sts for a STS-V

I just bought this sweet STS V8 two weeks ago.
    Dealer calls me yesterday says he has a STS-V with 28,000 mi General Mangers car. 35,900 will give me what I paid for mine Help what should I do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Trade 06 V8 sts for a STS-V

Go drive it and that should answer that question.

nlharter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Fair price for a 2007. Kind of high if it is a 2006. Once you drive it, you will want it.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

price is steep...offer 29K

F

2Vast4U is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I'd say it's too much. There are plenty of STS-V's with lower mileage for less money.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

For such a rare car the resid on the STS-V sucks. If I had bought one new for $80k in 2006 I would be vomiting in my mouth right now.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    For such a rare car the resid on the STS-V sucks. If I had bought one new for $80k in 2006 I would be vomiting in my mouth right now.
    I did...and I'm not...I'm just diggin it. I wanted a V when they came out and didn't want to wait no 2-3 years to get one after the price went down. I've been driving mine for nearly 3 yrs now and you guys are just starting. I typically keep a car at least 5 years, 10 years if I like it. I would like to keep my V 10 years or more, but if not...it's been real...get it..."V 4 REEL"...is what my license plate says.

And if you guys are thinking that I'm rich...you are wrong! I'm a service advisor, and can barely afford this car, as it is with every car I've had to make payments on. But since I've got to make payments, they may as well be on a car that I really enjoy.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

I love my 07V, didnt pay top dollar (it was a PEP car - 1K miles/58K out the door) and Im gonna keep it for a while. I played the mod game with my last V and it cost me plenty, both on mods then on trade. Im just gonna keep this STSv with a tune for as long as she stays together, then maybe Ill dig into a Porsche or something more exotic down the road.

F

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Guys don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with buying the car new. What has happened since is what would have me vomiting - GM has done basically nothing to market/support the STS-V and even positioned a higher performance V2 at a $20k lower price point despite M5 and E55 going for much more. I guess it was a sales calculation at the end of the day, and they were probably right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.