Should I buy a STS-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Should I buy a STS-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello all, First of all I'd like to thank everybody for their amazing contributions to this forum. I am new ...
    2Vast4U is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Should I buy a STS-V?

Hello all,

First of all I'd like to thank everybody for their amazing contributions to this forum. I am new here but have been following some discussions and you guys are an awesome community. I now need some advice from the wise men.

I currently lease an '06 CTS-V (blk/tan) and I love it. I'm supposed to turn it in this August and have to decide what kind of car I want to buy, as I am done leasing forever. The buyout on my car is $30k (34k mi) and I think that's a little too much. For $25k I would buy it, but that's not the case here. $30k is my price range and the best car in that area (in my opinion) is the STS-V.

I've never driven the STS-V but I love their looks and figure it would be a nice step-up from my current driver. I would just like your thoughts on some stuff.

How do these cars hold up after 50k miles?
    Any major things I should be aware of or look for?
    Is $30k for an '06 with 40k miles too much?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nlharter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Re: Should I buy a STS-V?

I can not tell you what an '06 will run, but I just bought an '07 with 23K for $35,000 out the door. I found some cheaper, but they were to far to drive to see. If you buy certified used, you do not have to worry about what might happen until 6 yrs/100K from orignal purchase date. I love mine, and I am a truck guy. You can search Cars.com and Autotrader.com for cars near you. We drove about 3 hours to get ours, but the drive home was great. In my opinion, the interior on the STS blows away the older CTS. Good luck, you will not be dissapointed with the STS-V.

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

From a local dealer $30,000 sounds about right. On Ebay they are sometimes cheaper but most local dealer act like the STS-v is gold on their lot and wont come close to internet pricing. I found a dealer that located a car via GM Auctions and had it shipped to me as well as matched internet pricing but he was getting a sweet deal on my trade so they made out okay.

I would not buyout that CTS even at $25.000. Put that money towards a STS-V. You will love the car everytime you drive it and love the attention it gets although most think its a new CTS-V lol.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Chris

55cadillacking is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*

It is just an incredible amount of car for the money. There is nothing I could have bought last summer for the $34000 that even comes close to this car. I looked hard at the SRT8's, but they pale in comparison in every category as far as I'm concerned. With the added protection of an extended warranty, I can't see how you could go wrong. Best of luck. Hope you'll be joining us soon!

I agree, it is by far the most car for the money. I can't wait to pick one up.

Anybody ever heard of switching the steering wheel out for a wood trim STS wheel? Just curious.

Thank you all for the comments. greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Vast4U View Post
    I agree, it is by far the most car for the money. I can't wait to pick one up.

Anybody ever heard of switching the steering wheel out for a wood trim STS wheel? Just curious.

Thank you all for the comments. greatly appreciated.

I can be done but why would you? The brown wood on the steering wheel will clash with the grey wood of the interior.

Guess I didn't think of that. Doh!

I drove my brother's car (MB CL550) a little bit ago and he's got a wood wheel and it made me want one - wood wheel, not MB.

55cadillacking is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*

No need to swap any steering wheels around, just stomp on the gas and you'll have wood. Trust me.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by 55cadillacking View Post
    No need to swap any steering wheels around, just stomp on the gas and you'll have wood. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by 55cadillacking View Post
    Haha nice.

flyingv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V 6MT

I trying to sell mine in California if you're interested. Blk, w/ red interior, 34000 miles, full 100,000 mile warranty, wheel warranty, dealer maintained w/ records. PM me if you have any questions. Love the car but need to lose the payment for home purchase.

Peter Gregg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone know what the ride quality is between the STS-V and the newer 09 CTS-V? I am trying to figure out whether to be looking for a new or used 09 CTS-V with few miles on it or a similar STS-V. I don't see a lot of comments on the CTS-V other than how fast it is where I read how nice the interior experience is o the STS-V (even those a couple years old).

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gregg View Post
    Anyone know what the ride quality is between the STS-V and the newer 09 CTS-V? I am trying to figure out whether to be looking for a new or used 09 CTS-V with few miles on it or a similar STS-V. I don't see a lot of comments on the CTS-V other than how fast it is where I read how nice the interior experience is o the STS-V (even those a couple years old).

Peter

The 09 CTS-V demo I test drove was as firm as a board imho. The STS-V feels kinda mushy to me but I came out of a BMW so nothing compares to me.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Different cars, different purpose, different feel in the ride. One would simply have to try both and decide which they prefer. Although you should be able to pick up a pre-owned Certified STS-V for noticeably less than an 09 CTS-V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.