Question on Bose Dolby Surround Sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Question on Bose Dolby Surround Sound in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I've had my 2008 V for about three weeks now. Have hardly been able to drive it at all yet ...
    Gusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V. Black / Tango

Question on Bose Dolby Surround Sound

I've had my 2008 V for about three weeks now. Have hardly been able to drive it at all yet because of the crappy weather here in MI. But it looks great in my garage!

I can't seem to ever get the Surround option to work for audio. In the Nav display, the Surround setting is never "active" to allow me to adjust anything.

I've been playing MP3 CD's, so maybe that's part of the problem, but I put a real CD into it the other day and STILL didn't get surround. What's up with that? I assumed there would be a Dolby Pro-Logic decoder that would at least make fake surround.

What's it take to make this work?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Question on Bose Dolby Surround Sound

Press the the audio hard key and on the screen should appear across the bottom center point - normal - driver
    rear seat - talk...press the one for center point.

This is as close as you will get to surround without it being a dvd or dvd audio. I have found that it works better on cd's that it does on the radio.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Yup

Have to put in a DVD that has dolby surround or a dolby surround CD if you care to spend the extra money.

I'm resurrecting my own thread. It drives me nuts that I have this 5.1 Surround system that is pretty much useless.

Has anyone tried encoding Dolby 5.1 from an MP3 file and burning it to CD? Would that make the Surround system work?

I swear I've never heard anything from the cool speakers in my seatbacks.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

If you place your ear near one of the speakers on the top of the seats do you hear any sound coming from them when playing a CD or listening to XM ?

You've got to turn up the surround speakers in the audio adjust screen, I have actually had to turn mine down. Some of my cd's do come through but most don't. Clasical XM stations are in surround sound also.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

As most have said 5.1 is a dolby encoding that is rare on cd's. That has nothing to do with the V though, it still has a great stereo with very little distortion.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Found the fix he is looking for. I didn't hear my seat speakers either so I started fiddling with the settings.

Set your radio options to "center" not driver or rear.

after setting your trebble, bass and stuff the last option you see at the bottom is a (((speaker symbol))) push the plus to make it half way between half and full. 75% This is the volumn adjustment for your seat speakers. you can go all the way up but after a while you realize its too loud and overdrives the front speakers.

NOTE****** you have to do this on each of your channels..... its not a "global change" for all stations

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

This is the reason I asked if he's getting any sound from them. To try and determine if he was set in 5.1 mode in the head unit.

Well, that helped. I had always seen that last slider on the EQ greyed out, and thought it only activated with a 5.1 encoded source. When I hit the "center" option I was able to hear something out of the seat speakers.

I didn't get to drive long enough to really mess with it, but thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gusteve View Post
    Well, that helped. I had always seen that last slider on the EQ greyed out, and thought it only activated with a 5.1 encoded source. When I hit the "center" option I was able to hear something out of the seat speakers.

I didn't get to drive long enough to really mess with it, but thanks!!
    Do you mean to tell me that you didn't have it set there all the time? That's part of setting the car up for yourself,man...details,details...pay attention to the details

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.