Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Replacing the Car Battery, with other than OEM

32K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  baller95 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their battery with something other than the OEM ? My STS-V apparently has a battery GM placed in several other of their vehicles, the AC Delco Pro 101-6YR. It's rated at 650 CCA and seems to run anywhere from 130+ each. That's too damned much for such a "small" battery and I'm looking for other options.

Anyone, Anyone - Bueller, Bueller ? :D

Oh and which ever GM engineer designed the battery cover and it's little tabs should be kicked in the knee. :yup:

Model - 101-6YR
RC - 110
CCA - 650
CA - 860
L - 10.2
W - 7
H - 6.6
Lbs - 36.7
Price - $127.95

#36 · (Edited)
06's are the same. It happened to me the first time the battery died.

Just used the door key.

#41 ·
Don't you have a key to open the driver door? I do.

#43 ·
UPDATE. I have a 2004 CTS base 3.6 version. Stopped at Costco and measured their Group 78. Bought it out the door with tax for $90. Much higher CCA, more power and better overall battery. Took it home and it literally slipped into position easier than the original, with no modification to the tray or hold down bracket needed. I did have to slit the insulating blanket for a proper wrap at the front just because I didn't want to dink with it. Left a small 1/3 inch slit at the rear that is up against the firewall and can't be seen. No more group 101 for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.