Major sts-v transmission and service related issues MUST READ PLEASE HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Major sts-v transmission and service related issues MUST READ PLEASE HELP in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I purchased a 2006 STS-V in July from a used car dealer in MA with 10K miles on the car. ...
    MRIGOTBASS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Major sts-v transmission and service related issues MUST READ PLEASE HELP

I purchased a 2006 STS-V in July from a used car dealer in MA with 10K miles on the car. After getting the car home it began exhibiting very strange transmission problems. The car would drive normally under light acceleration, however under heavy acceleration that was a different story. If you put the gas to the floor the car will start off in 2nd gear. Halfway through the RPM band the car with jump into first gear with a loud bang and screeching tires. The transmission will just go crazy. I immediately took the car into the dealership. Being as the car has 40K miles and 2 years left under factory w-ty I wanted them to fix the problem.

The car was dropped off July 30th at Bowser Cadillac in Pittsburgh PA. A few days went by and I called to check the status. I was told that the vehicle had a lengthy service history and there were problems with this car before. This info was passed on by another dealer. They told me that they needed to get in contact with the other dealer that had worked on the car before. I waited several days and called back. They told me that they could not get a hold of the dealer and that they didn’t want to "Throw Parts" at the car to try to fix it. They then told me they needed a GM rep to come and look at the car to try to fix the problem as their technicians couldn’t handle the work. I waited several more days and called back to check the situation out. I was told that GM had not gotten back to them and if I wanted faster service to call Cadillac and complain. I then called Cadillac customer service and complained. 3 more days, Cadillac customer service calls back to let me know that there is nothing they can do and to call the dealer directly. I then called GM executive to try to get someone to handle the problem. I have spoken with the lady about 10 times so far. She told me they are trying to get a field rep out there to look at the car. Again another run around.

To make a long story short, the car has been in the dealer now for more than a month. They will not look at the car. GM will not send anyone to look at the car. I have spent countless hours on the phone with the Dealer, GM, and Cadillac to try to make them fix my car. Everyone blames it on someone else.

I am at wits end. I don’t know what to do. I have a 50K dollar used car with 10K miles on it that Cadillac will/cannot fix. Every day its some other story.

The Dealership that the car is at is Bowser Cadillac in McMurray PA. The Service manager is Tom. They have out and out lied to me and I am stranded without a car. I don’t even have a loaner.

I would really appreciate some feedback from other members of this forum as I don’t know WTF do anymore.

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cliff8928 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V - XLR

Re: Major sts-v transmission and service related issues MUST READ PLEASE HELP

Man, the part about it being in the shop all the time isn't as bad as not having a loaner. That's unacceptable. I get a loaner (usually a DTS) when i bring my Olds in for warranty work!!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Sounds like you bought someone else's lemon. Not to dog you and your situation, but it's a good example of why to have the service history checked before buying a used car.

By the way you have explained the story here it sounds like you were never provided a properly functioning car from the day of purchase. Go back and ask to speak to the Sales Manager of the dealership first and/or the General Manager of the dealership. Explain to them that if something doesn't begin to happen immediately to resolve your problem you want them to buy the car back from you since you were obviously sold a car with issues that they were already aware of. (The service history should show that). If they refuse, then politely inform them their dealership will be contacted by your legal representative next to begin the process of making it happen through the court system. Also contact your local news stations and their "investigation or on your side" departments to see if they'll do a story on your particular case to highlight not only the rotten deal done by the dealership, but their lack of action since then and Cadillac's apparent indifference to get it solved for you. Don't be a major ass about it, just make them aware they have the opportunity to solve it now or you will pursue it in the public eye.

Any e-mails you have or can now generate showing the situation would be helpful for future action. They (the dealership) should also be providing you a loan or rental all this time.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

I had issues with CAddy on my first DTS. This is how you handle it.

Call the service manager and request the phone number and name of your area rep. YOU call him and complain. He is the guy responsible.

If they don't get you a loaner and give you some kind of reasonable plan of attack take the car to another bigger dealer. You have a warrenty they should honor it. Tell them to replace the tranny completely.

GET THE SERVICE HISTORY TODAY>>> GO AND STAND AROUND IN THE SERVICE AREA UNTIL YOU GET ANSWERS,, THEY DON'T LIKE UN-HAPPY PEOPLE STANDING AROUND TALKING FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS TO HEAR HOW BAD THEIR SERVICE IS. THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE YOU ON THE PHONE.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

This is the exact reason I buy my cars and service my cars at one dealership. If you are not happy with your service, march right into the sales department and start to raise hell. They really hate someone raising their voice in the sales area even MORE than the service area.

zman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V

I am in Pittsburgh and use Bowser for me service as well. unfortunatley i had similar situations when i had a issue with my 2005 CTS-V. they were unable to help and come to a solution and i was on the phone with cadillac daily and was getting frustrated by tehir lack of helpfullness. Bowser has one good tech that works on my sts-V.....but he can't do anything until the service dept or cadillac tell him too. You could always another dealer in our area...

TitanCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It could be something simple or something really complicated. Were there any fault codes attained from your car? Mass has the lemon law and if your has been out of service for more than 15 -21 days or more without the problem being resolved your entitled to a full refund. Look here for more info http://www.lemonauto.com/lemon_laws/text_ma.htm

But the fact that you have to keep calling the dealer without them calling you shows that they have no interest in repairing your car. Take it to another reputable dealer to have the issue resolved. If worse comes to worse without your car being repaired, Return and get your money back.

I was told that the signal from the throttle body was dropping out. They replaced the throttle body and it didnt fix the problem. I was then told that they refuse to "Throw Parts" at this car to fix it. There was no CEL or any other fault codes at all.

Bowser Cadillac McMurray has never 1 time called me back in over a month. I have to call on a daily basis. I speak with Sam and Tom the service managers. They tell me they have to get a GM tech out there but are having a hard time reaching anyone at GM. Bowser Cadillac has out and out right told me that their tecs are not qualified to fix this car. Bowser Cadillac cannot service what they sell.

I have been out of a car for over a month. They will not give me a loaner as the car was not "Purchased There".

I am keeping a log of all of the events.

I am now going to go into the dealership and speak with the GM. Maybe he can help the problem.

I will continue to post on this issue and every available forum to make public this situation. Hopefully this will keep people from being victimized by this dealer.

I know alot of guys on this forum Mod thier cars, and dealers blame problems on this, however my car is bone stock with 10K miles. It is still basically brand new.

I am going to also contact local consumer reporters for TV stations and the BBB. I am wasting my time, effort and making payments on something that I cannot use. This keeps me up at night and I cannot sleep because I am so worried about how this is going to turn out.

If anyone has other suggestions that may be productive in this situation please feel free to chime in.

Ben

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

I have never bought my CAddy's at the dealer I have it serviced. They always give me a loaner. That's bull shit. YOU HAVE A WARRENTY THAT COVERS IT. It's a caddy YOU GET A LOANER..

zman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V

thats right....they give me a loaner everytime I go in and I haven't bought a single car or my current car there. there service department guys Tom and Sam leave alot to be desired. the used to have another guy there about a year ago but he got canned for some reson after being there for like 15-20 years. I would suggest talking to the main guy there. they should at the very least give you a loaner.....if you had a loaner from them they would be more aggressive in trying to find a solution.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

all this talk of a "warranty" will not apply if it was a buyback. no warranty. something you'd want to know before buying it.

The car is not a "Buy Back" It is a clean title vehicle. No brands at all. That also is not to say that the car was repurchased under whats known as a "Goodwill Buyback" or "Trade Assist" where the dealer took the car back on "Trade". If the car was never lemon lawed it still would have a clean title and no adverse brands.

The problem here is that the dealer doesnt care as they feel as they have nothing to lose. They couldnt be more mistaken. The internet is a powerful tool and I dont think they realize that. I will learn them

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by MRIGOTBASS View Post
    10K miles on it that Cadillac will/cannot fix. Every day its some other story.

I would really appreciate some feedback from other members of this forum as I don’t know WTF do anymore.

Ben
    I would contact the GM at that dealer and tell him you're bringing him your car payment for this month and you expect THEM to pay it since you haven't had the car in over a month. That should get them moving or at least, hopefully, motivated. Did they put you n a rental car? If they're paying the bill on a rental, that also helps motivate them to finish up in a timely manner...

Just my 2¢

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
    I would contact the GM at that dealer and tell him you're bringing him your car payment for this month and you expect THEM to pay it since you haven't had the car in over a month. That should get them moving or at least, hopefully, motivated. Did they put you n a rental car? If they're paying the bill on a rental, that also helps motivate them to finish up in a timely manner...

Just my 2¢
    (good 2 cents)

After visiting the dealer and becoming somewhat irate. They still refused to A. Give me a loaner
    B. Fix the car

The experience was more wasted time. The service manager Tom is about as worthless as can possibly be. The kept reminding me that they didnt sell me the car, so they have 0 liability to fix it.

After leaving I got a call 10 min down the road on my cell from GM. They are going to buy back the car and are making arraingements tomorrow. Luckily the story should end well.

It is my advice for anyone that wants to Purchase or Have Serviced a Cadillac in the Pittsburgh area to steer clear of Bowser Cadillac. I had a similar experience at Bowser Nissan years back with my 350z having a notchy transmission. I have honestly never seen such piss poor customer service in my life from an auto group.

Thanks for all replies

Ben

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.