looking for borla exhaust feedback on the v - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, looking for borla exhaust feedback on the v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Which sound clips are you listening to that the idle sounds "tinny". We pretty much hear them on a daily ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: looking for borla exhaust feedback on the v

Which sound clips are you listening to that the idle sounds "tinny". We pretty much hear them on a daily basis and they dont sound "tinny". I know there are a lot of various sound clips on youtube. But after hearing some of the sound clips and actually hearing the rear car in person, it doesnt do it justice.

The biggest issues we have seen with other systems is the fact that they drone and resonate at given RPM's. Unfortunately most of this happens at cruising speeds....You WON'T be dissapointed in the Corsa system.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by saleenc330 View Post
    I am looking for a replacement exhaust too but i just don't know if i like the way Corsa idols - i think it sounds a little tinny?? - not sure if that is a good way to explain it? i like the way borla has a nice throaty rumble at idol and it isn't obnoxious but i worry about the drone at cruising speed too - that would drive me nuts.

Here is another utube clip of borla on a STS-V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48EzELQtOc

It doesn't sound like there is too much drone inside but i don't know if this is a good way to judge it - plus this is the GM version, not Borla. For those guys who has the Borla, does this sound about right?

Are there any other options out there besides Borla and Corsa? I wish Magnaflow would get on board - had them on m F150 and it sounded great, especially under WOT - no drone at cruise speeds either.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

I posted this before but didn't know the real name of it.

"It's a Helmholtz resonator. They're designed to eliminate annoying intake resonance that occurs at certain speeds during testing, and most all modern cars have them in one shape or another."

The Honda S2000 ahd this stock on the exhaust pipe between the Cat and the muffler. It reduced resonance/drone. Has anyone tried this on a borla to see if it removes the drone.

D3 / Craig what ever happened to the Borla's you took off for customers? I would consider buying the used set and have a local shop weld on this type of resonator so see if it works.

On the intake of the 09 CTS-V you can see the resonator sticking out. You can get an idea of what it would look like.

Here is where I think it might go and look.

porkfarm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Call or email Borla and tell them you have the drone. I did and they sent me out 2 venturis that install in the intake of the mufflers. Took away most of the drone for me. Much better. Oh and they where free... Nice customer support.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by porkfarm View Post
    Call or email Borla and tell them you have the drone. I did and they sent me out 2 venturis that install in the intake of the mufflers. Took away most of the drone for me. Much better. Oh and they where free... Nice customer support.
    Did you purchase the actual Borla exhaust for the STS-V or did you get the GM Accessory built by them ?

rblong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I guess I am confused guys. I have a couple hipo v8 cars (66 AC cobra w stroked BB Ford - 600 HP - 69 Camaro with SBC - 400 HP) and they have that true V8 sound. I also have a Viper V10 and you just can't get it to sound like a V8 due to firing order. Why won't the V motor sound like a V8? U guys talk about the V motor like we talk about the V10. My V shows up next week so I am just asking -no experience w them at all.

I thinks the question relally is how you want it to sound. most "not all" like the subdued sound but big power the STS-V offers. Quiet but ballsy... I would think porting and polishing the SC cover and opening up the intake and adding a borla or BB exhaust would give you bigger power and that V8 bad ass sound. You would definately hear the blower whine much better(which I like).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.