Torque Limitation on break in?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Torque Limitation on break in? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just got my STS-V. Does the computer limit output or shifting firmness when under a certain amount of miles? The ...
    HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Torque Limitation on break in?

Just got my STS-V. Does the computer limit output or shifting firmness when under a certain amount of miles? The car likely has plain old unleaded in it (mixed in with whatever came from the factory) which reduces output. It is reasonable when in manual shift mode but a little slugish in D or sD.

Overall nice car and I am sure with a tank or two or 94 the output will increase (most GM PCMs have a timing bump strategy to use octane these days). But right now she's not a barn burner yet.

Maybe I need to go to competition mode or TC off, or hold down for 10 seconds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Re: Torque Limitation on break in?

I noticed this about my car when it was new. Maybe it was just my imagination and me getting accustomed to the car, but it seemed to "wake up" around 9000 miles or so.

This could have something to do with the adapative transmission program getting used to your driving style. It will adjust to the way you accelerate and brake over time and will start to automatically shift more intuitively for you.

In any event, congratulations on your new car! You will love it for sure!

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

The car comes stock with a lot of TQ limiters on it. This will never go away unless you have it re-tuned. Luckly this site ahs a few of us who have had it removed and love the resullts.

get HPTuners or ElfLive and remove the tq nannies.

Running the tank empty and puttingin some 93 octane made a world of difference! I swear some doofus put in 87.

At least she'll burn the tires rolling down the road in 1st gear if you got WOT now in competition mode.

Anyone running stickier tires than the Perelli runcraps? I hate runflats.

PIRELLI p0 asemetrical's are really nice

Are those the Pirellis that it comes with? The ones on the car are listed on the Cadillac web site as extended mobility tires and says they "may not offer the traction you would like." I'm thinking true summer tires or even track tireson the street would grab a little better.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

The oem Pirelli's are Eufori run-flats, and the Eufori name is clearly indicted on the sidewall. The Eufori's are true summer tires. The "tires" thread on this forum has extensive discussions on alternative tires and the luck people have had with them. Obviously, big wheels and short, stiff sidewalls are for road racing and are almost the opposite of optimal for drag strips.

Interesting!! The tires certainly do handle well when corner carving. You are right some sidewall thickness would really help increase the patch size on initial launch.

Like many of the Corvette guys I dislike runflats. They are very very heavy, and heavy toward the outside of the wheel. All that unnecessary rotating mass takes a toll on performance all around. I could not believe how heavy the F1 was I took off the CTS-V. Performance tires have a thick sidewall but runflats take that way too far.

I'm running the new prototype all Carbon Fiber (no rubber) high performance tire. This lets you get better track performance but still is a superior drag radial. So far the car measured 1.8g's and I haven't been able to break them loose with any kind of hard launch. Best thing is they haven't shown any kind of wear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.