Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hardcore racers here?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  HiTechRV 
#1 ·
I'm taking delivery on a 2008 light platinum, with ebony, next week. I've been drag racing my 95 Impala SS, for many years.

I don't plan on doing much racing with the V, yet:cloud9:, but I will be going to the track with it. I hope there are tweats out there to let it run to its true potential.

My SS runs a stroker 409, and will run elevens, NA, at full weight.

#14 ·
I guess I'm hardcore since I'd rather be at the track than just about anyplace else that involves wearing clothes.

My current passion is driving shifter karts. If you haven't tried these babies you should. To illustrate: A Skip Barber instructor told me that in his opinion the next step up from a shifter is an Indy car; not even a Formula Atlantic was a challenging. Personally, I think he was exaggerating, but you get the picture.

Another example: Bondurant says the shifters are the fastest rides at their school. Faster than the Z06's. Faster than the formula cars. They have a video of a kart racing a Z06 on an autocross course. The kart LAPS the Z06 on the third time around.

0-60 3.5 seconds
0-100 6.0 seconds
0-100-0 10 seconds
cornering g's: 2.5 (not a typo)
top speed: 120 mph (sprint configuration--there are faster configurations, but they are insane)

Is this hardcore enough?

It costs about $4000-5000 for a good used sprint kart. If any of you are road racers, or want to start racing, this is the only way to go.

#15 ·
I guess I'm hardcore since I'd rather be at the track than just about anyplace else that involves wearing clothes.

My current passion is driving shifter karts. If you haven't tried these babies you should. To illustrate: A Skip Barber instructor told me that in his opinion the next step up from a shifter is an Indy car; not even a Formula Atlantic was a challenging. Personally, I think he was exaggerating, but you get the picture.

Another example: Bondurant says the shifters are the fastest rides at their school. Faster than the Z06's. Faster than the formula cars. They have a video of a kart racing a Z06 on an autocross course. The kart LAPS the Z06 on the third time around.

0-60 3.5 seconds
0-100 6.0 seconds
0-100-0 10 seconds
cornering g's: 2.5 (not a typo)
top speed: 120 mph (sprint configuration--there are faster configurations, but they are insane)

Is this hardcore enough?

It costs about $4000-5000 for a good used sprint kart. If any of you are road racers, or want to start racing, this is the only way to go.
my brother bought DANICA PATRICK'S old race cart...i think it was a barrel?? anyways i drove that thing and man that was fast and pulled about 3-4g's on it..

#17 ·
that sounds way cool...got any links or photos you can share...

There is a local road course track near me (Braver Run Raceway) in PA that is fairly new that might have some of this racing going on. I would like to learn more, before I show up there and ask a lot of dumb questions to get up to speed...

Otherwise, anyone have any drag race tips they can share for a 2008 STS-V that I am working on im my shop and plan to take to the track later this week to do some testing. Stock it went 13.45-13.50 @ 100-101. Just instaled the D3 1.5 kit and the exhaust deal. Wondered how much it would help and what else I can do to maximize any ET reductions.

Thanks,
Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.