Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hardcore racers here?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  HiTechRV 
#1 ·
I'm taking delivery on a 2008 light platinum, with ebony, next week. I've been drag racing my 95 Impala SS, for many years.

I don't plan on doing much racing with the V, yet:cloud9:, but I will be going to the track with it. I hope there are tweats out there to let it run to its true potential.

My SS runs a stroker 409, and will run elevens, NA, at full weight.

#17 ·
that sounds way cool...got any links or photos you can share...

There is a local road course track near me (Braver Run Raceway) in PA that is fairly new that might have some of this racing going on. I would like to learn more, before I show up there and ask a lot of dumb questions to get up to speed...

Otherwise, anyone have any drag race tips they can share for a 2008 STS-V that I am working on im my shop and plan to take to the track later this week to do some testing. Stock it went 13.45-13.50 @ 100-101. Just instaled the D3 1.5 kit and the exhaust deal. Wondered how much it would help and what else I can do to maximize any ET reductions.

Thanks,
Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.