Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wiper Blade Replacement

27K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  TimmyC 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced the wiper blades on their car with aftermarket ones? I went to replace my wiper blades on the "v" but the odd looking clip set up didn't match any of the ones that I looked at.
Thanks, SS

#3 ·
Yup, despite the fact it is a poor picture, they sure look the same as the oem's. When I specifically look up 2007 STS it lists the FlexBlade GVM as fitting the 2007 and 2008. Hard to believe there is only one aftermarket blade but if it is a new design it will take a while to catch on.

#17 ·
Yea, I found that out after I lifted the passenger side to replace my blades.
It pissed me off because it chipped the paint on the edge of the hood. So I
pulled the whole arm and moved it two teeth on the spline so that I can lift
blade when I wash the car. Back on topic I replaced mine with Rainx and they aren't
any more difficult than any other car. Rainx is sold at most auto parts.

Kirk

#9 ·
You can replace these blades with:
-OE from GM
-Bosch Icon
-Rain-X Latitude
-Trico Neoform

The last 3 of which can be found in stores, and are the same new structureless design with compatible mounts for the new vehicles that come with them standard.

#12 ·
Don't know about fitment for German model, but I just got Rain-X Latitude 22-2 and 21-2 with a free can of glass cleaner and spray bottle of Rain-X through the Rain-X website.

#16 ·
Yea, I found that out after I lifted the passenger side to replace my blades.

It pissed me off because it chipped the paint on the edge of the hood. So I
pulled the whole arm and moved it two teeth on the spline so that I can lift
blade when I wash the car. Back on topic I replaced mine with Rainx and they aren't
any more difficult than any other car. Rainx is sold at most auto parts.

Kirk

#22 · (Edited)
Another zombie resurgence, but I can say safely that Bosch Icon will NOT fit my 06. The mechanism will only accept small hook, large hook, and pin-style wipers. Ours, not so much.

:EDIT:

Okay, so I went back to Pep Boys and took another shot at it, and Bosch Icon will fit - the difference is that you need to make sure the Icons you get are the "24 OE" and "21 OE" models. They take a second to figure out but snap right in once you've got it.

#27 ·
I have the Bosch Icon 21OE and 24OE. It takes two minutes to R&R. These are not the standard style, but I had worked on these before, so I did have some familiarity with them. But the Bosch's literally snap into place.

Like everyone, I have the issue with the passenger arm contacting the hood, but the hood has already been scratched from contact, but what I do, is gently pull the wiper arm towards the top of the windshield, then pull it away from the windshield. On either side of the arm, are two finger clips. Squeeze them and push the blade away from the arm, tilting it a little at the end (so it unhooks).

The Bosch's have a little plastic piece on them that you don't need. Use the push tab on the top of that plastic piece and pop it off. From there, take the blade over to the arm, hook it on the end, and lock the new blade's finger clips into the arm. DONE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.