lapeer dragway
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, lapeer dragway in Cadillac V-Series Forums; just back from the track, which was over crowded, but i still managed to get 6 runs. 12.865@ 109mph with ...
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW

lapeer dragway

just back from the track, which was over crowded, but i still managed to get 6 runs. 12.865@ 109mph with the traction control unhooked from the rear wheel sensor, the slowest was a 13.208 at 108mph, thats was my first run, getting used to the traction control being enabled, but my 12.8 run i heated those tires like they stole from me, and the acceleration was nasty on that 03 svt. there was a guy there with a XLR-V and i showed him how to unhook the T/c and he did a 12.4 @ 111mph, now that a heck of a boost because of the traction control, and the xlr heated his tires like crazy too

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: lapeer dragway

Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    just back from the track, which was over crowded, but i still managed to get 6 runs. 12.865@ 109mph with the traction control unhooked from the rear wheel sensor, the slowest was a 13.208 at 108mph, thats was my first run, getting used to the traction control being enabled, but my 12.8 run i heated those tires like they stole from me, and the acceleration was nasty on that 03 svt. there was a guy there with a XLR-V and i showed him how to unhook the T/c and he did a 12.4 @ 111mph, now that a heck of a boost because of the traction control, and the xlr heated his tires like crazy too
    Was crowded eh? thought it might be. Your time is good..these cars seem to run consistent 13.2 stock. Thats what I ran last year at Milan. I would like to see how to unhook the torque nannys...

last year when i got mines i took it to lapeer and i did a 13.011@ 108, thats where im going today is lapeer drag strip, go to lapeerdragway.com for directions if you want to run it today, its supposed to be 62 and sunny today

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

no video ?

last year when i got mines i took it to lapeer and i did a 13.011@ 108, thats where im going today is lapeer drag strip, go to lapeerdragway.com for directions if you want to run it today, its supposed to be 62 and sunny today
    thats excellent.

I have been to Lapeer before with my modded 300C and my srt8 Charger. Was it crowded today?

Yeah..at 469 hp and 439 Tq. 13.1 or 13.2 is underperforming..sorry..it just is. I get that with my 425 hp charger. Its all too much torque management..thats why I would like to hear from you how to disconnect from rear wheels.

I have a deposit on the new cts-v. They better not have it as de-tuned as the sts-v is.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    thats excellent.

I have been to Lapeer before with my modded 300C and my srt8 Charger. Was it crowded today?

Yeah..at 469 hp and 439 Tq. 13.1 or 13.2 is underperforming..sorry..it just is. I get that with my 425 hp charger. Its all too much torque management..thats why I would like to hear from you how to disconnect from rear wheels.

I have a deposit on the new cts-v. They better not have it as de-tuned as the sts-v is.
    Id hardly call 470HP and 440TQ detuned...

F

it was really slow at lapeer sun. i mean i ran when i wanted to, the track is very slippery, the fastest i did was 13.01 @ 108 thats when i plugged up the wheel sensor again. the fastest thing out there was a c6 with a little mods doing low 12's. i got some video but i cant transfer the video for some reason, i have a dvd recorder and i recorded on the disk instead of the memory card, so right now im seeing if i can transfer from disk to card. that track was entirely different from milan but as always i was the center of attraction,i think a guy with a mustang got mad at me because he was slow as molasses doing 15.8 in a 5 speed 89 gt. and if im not mistakened track rules state if you are 15 second or slower you dont need a helmet, and i asked him why did he have it on, he was slower than a rice burner and the rice burner missed a gear and still did a 14.9. i wasnt just picking with him, he just thought i brought my mamas caddy to the track, calling me out asking me was the groceries still in the trunk, we raced and i beat him by at least 11 cars, and i made a mistake and left the a/c on waiting on them to clean the track......... anyway i dont think i was getting enough cold air, im going try to extend the air tube further down towards the ground, maybe that will help. if your want a good sticky track go to milan, if you want to get your money's worth of endless runs go to lapeer

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Hey, that's an outstanding 1/4 time for a stock STS-V... Congradulations!!

Just curious to know if the same effect can be achieved by entering "competitive driving mode", or by pressing the "traction control button" to off? Doesn't that turn alot of this same stuff off?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Id hardly call 470HP and 440TQ detuned...

F
    it is substantially detuned. A car that has 469 hp/439 tq, and weighs the same, should easily beat a car that has 425 hp and 420 tq. But it can't..not stock anyway. These cars come from the factory with substantial shift retard and hp/tq detuning. Nothing personal..I own both cars, but the srt8 will beat my sts-v every time..and it shouldn't.

my first cousin has an srt-8 charger and i get him out the hole almost every time, it depends on the reaction time, but even if he jumps first the majority of the time i will run him down. the srt's just can fully deactivate the traction control. now if you are talking about on the other end/ top end i pulled on my cousin till about 135ish untill he caught me, but i only be ahead by a half a car nothing more, those srt's are something else down low and up high.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRYFrmZoVk

detroit-v at lapeer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRYFrmZoVk didnt have anything from milan, but heres something from lapeer, not the stickiest track but i did ok, check it out

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: detroit-v at lapeer

Very cool!
    What kind of times were you running? I am sure those guys in the chevy's & pontiac's werent too happy.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRYFrmZoVk didnt have anything from milan, but heres something from lapeer, not the stickiest track but i did ok, check it out

my first cousin has an srt-8 charger and i get him out the hole almost every time, it depends on the reaction time, but even if he jumps first the majority of the time i will run him down. the srt's just can fully deactivate the traction control. now if you are talking about on the other end/ top end i pulled on my cousin till about 135ish untill he caught me, but i only be ahead by a half a car nothing more, those srt's are something else down low and up high.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRYFrmZoVk

my V beats my srt8 out of the hole every time. Better traction in the V. But up top..I mean if you run em till one pulls away, its the srt8 every time. Not by a lot mind you. But its only cause the factory restrictions in the V.

at the track, I get the same times with them. 13.1-13.2, stock

Re: detroit-v at lapeer

nice...maybe I will go up next sunday with both cars!

im game for that, let me know people

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.