lapeer dragway - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, lapeer dragway in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I may be hitting Milan this Saturday if it does not rain. But I do not get the STS-V for ...
    HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Re: lapeer dragway

I may be hitting Milan this Saturday if it does not rain. But I do not get the STS-V for another week or 2.

DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW

i was there at milan today, and another member srt8bmw was there with his fast azz 300c and that fast bmw his girl got, but i only ran twice and the wife gave me a terrible video recording. saturday im thinking lapeer, because i rather run more than twice for 25 bucks, its not ass sticky but still worth it

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yeah..the problem with Milan was how crowded it was. By the time you'd get your car up to the front, it would be running hot. It was sticky early, but as the night wore on, it got slick/

my times: (took three of my cars..did not take the V-

300C (heavily modded) 12.9@ 108
    srt8 13.0@ 108
    BMW 335 xi 12.7@109

yep! that long line at milan that day cost me to run some $hitty times of 13.5 ish, @ 102, i had more mph at lapeer, the week before like 108 mph.

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    my times: (took three of my cars..did not take the V-

300C (heavily modded) 12.9@ 108
    srt8 13.0@ 108
    BMW 335 xi 12.7@109
    You have quite the collection of fast cars!!

Does the 335xi run 12.7 stock or is it modded?

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I am thinking about hitting Milan on the Wednesday test n tune to get more runs maybe. I have a built up Clevend I want to run and some SHOs and believe it or not a Buick Super LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NC STS-V View Post
    You have quite the collection of fast cars!!

Does the 335xi run 12.7 stock or is it modded?
    thank you for he compliment-I am in to cars as you can see.

The 335s typically run mid 13s stock. Mine has two important (but relatively inexpensive mods) for a Turbo'd car: 1. Boost controller or tune (whichever you want to call it-it ups the PSI) 2. Catless downpipes-the equivalent of headers for a naturally aspirated car. Combined with the lightweight wheels I selected, and the awd launch, it makes for a consistently fast car.

Had it out there at Lapeer yesterday and got a 12.5 @110!!!

aww dude! i wish i wouldve known you went to lapeer, i wouldve came out there with my new dent, a lady side swiped while i was parked this past weekend, my deductible was $500 so i bought a fender from the dealer for $253.06 and found a painter to do it for $125.00. i didnt drive it none this weekend because of the dent, i bounced the hummer, anyway my baby will be back in effect today. it seems like you will get more mph at flint than lapeer, but quicker times at milan. srt give me a call, you have my cell, if you want to go this weekend with the V
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    aww dude! i wish i wouldve known you went to lapeer, i wouldve came out there with my new dent, a lady side swiped while i was parked this past weekend, my deductible was $500 so i bought a fender from the dealer for $253.06 and found a painter to do it for $125.00. i didnt drive it none this weekend because of the dent, i bounced the hummer, anyway my baby will be back in effect today. it seems like you will get more mph at flint than lapeer, but quicker times at milan. srt give me a call, you have my cell, if you want to go this weekend with the V
    will likely be there sunday form 11;30 -1:30 or so, and will bring the V, thesrt8 and the BMW....

I WAS MILAN at wednesday, an turned a 13.001 @ 104mph was the fastest, there was a xlr-v there, some guy from novi. i showed him how to unplug the wheel sensor, he went from a 12.9 to 12.7, look i ran 3 times too, woowww!! the slowest i ran was a 13.3 other wise that the jet car that was there was amusing. oh my 60 foot was a 1.9807
    Attached Images

Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

How do you unplug the wheel sensor (where exactly is it located) and does it throw any codes up to the computer?

How does this compare to switching to the "Competition Driving Mode" and the traction control turned off?

Heading to the drag strip soon and wanted to figure out these last few items so I can learn how to best launch the car to ger the best 60' time.

Thanks,
    Dale

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Sounds like you are getting some good mileage out of the free mod! What tire pressure are you running? We have a customer in an XLRV (Florida area) running 11's in his XLRV. Good to see these vehicles making it to the drag strip on a regular basis. FYI, we still have those parts for you. They should plant you firmly in the 12's.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    I WAS MILAN at wednesday, an turned a 13.001 @ 104mph was the fastest, there was a xlr-v there, some guy from novi. i showed him how to unplug the wheel sensor, he went from a 12.9 to 12.7, look i ran 3 times too, woowww!! the slowest i ran was a 13.3 other wise that the jet car that was there was amusing. oh my 60 foot was a 1.9807

the sensor is located inside the rear wheels, pick either side you only need one unplugged. its the only electrical plug there, its like a yellow color. and yes all the traction control lights, the abs light, and the dash will say service brake assist and service traction. hitting the traction control button twice will only let you get one full turn in the wheels before it kicks in and holding it dow for 10 seconds will allow you to spin them a little more. if you see my video i smoked those tires like they stole something, and i get a good 0-60 ft too, better then when my traction control was enabled. my tires are officially bald now, so i do use them as my slicks, since they dont make a 19 inch one, actually they work pretty good too, just untill the metal starts showing

i didnt think it made a difference with tire pressure, because of tires being run flats, i tried dropping the pressure, but the tires still looked like i had 36 psi's still, but my rear tires had 32 psi

Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

If you unplug the wheel speed sensor and it lights up the items on the dash, does it return to normal once you plug it back in or do the codes remain and the items on the dash remain lit up?

If they remain lit up, can you reset them in some simple way or does it take a code reader to somehow reset the codes and return it back to normal?

If so which code reader works best for this to avoid having to go to the dealership and explain all the go fast parts, etc...

Thanks,
    Dale

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.