lapeer dragway - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, lapeer dragway in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Dr. Design Very cool! What kind of times were you running? I am sure those guys in ...
  1. #16
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: detroit-v at lapeer

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Very cool!
    What kind of times were you running? I am sure those guys in the chevy's & pontiac's werent too happy.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

    Hey Doc,

    I thought you guys were working on a hand held tuner (a few months ago) that could flash all of your custom tunes in, as well as get rid of the torque management and top end limiter.. So when is it coming out?? How about an update please.

  2. #17
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    the best I did at lapeer was 13.09 @ 108mph, and the slowest was 14.14 @ 104, I was trying to manual shift and I shifted to late and it redlined on the rev limiter. the people that was there was more impressed than pissed, it was like the star of the show, a lot of people thought it was a CTS-V, asking did it have that vette motor. I NEED A PROGRAM, HELP ME D3 YOUR MY ONLY HOPE (starwars) lol.

  3. #18
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: lapeer dragway

    We are still a little ways out on the tuner. However if you send us the car we can take all of that stuff off and add a bunch more POWER! Any luck with disconnecting the wheel speed sensors?
    Thank you,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

    Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    the best I did at lapeer was 13.09 @ 108mph, and the slowest was 14.14 @ 104, I was trying to manual shift and I shifted to late and it redlined on the rev limiter. the people that was there was more impressed than pissed, it was like the star of the show, a lot of people thought it was a CTS-V, asking did it have that vette motor. I NEED A PROGRAM, HELP ME D3 YOUR MY ONLY HOPE (starwars) lol.

  4. #19
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    YES, i unplugged it from the drivers rear, i was able to spin them a little more , but not that much because the track was more stickier at the tree, and the track guy said i couldnt back up into the water because i had street tires on. he finally let me use the water, but thats after i plugged the sensor back up. if you noticed when i ran by myself on video i had wheel chirping at acceleration because the sensor was unplugged, when plugged no chirp. i will probably send my car once the warranty is over, unless you guys make a tuner/ flash paq or something.

  5. #20
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    if you want faster times go to milan, lapeer spent almost half the day fixing those laser timing eyes, and they need a time display board

  6. #21
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    just back from the track, which was over crowded, but i still managed to get 6 runs. 12.865@ 109mph with the traction control unhooked from the rear wheel sensor

    I can't help thinking about this post.. 12.865 just from unhooking the traction control's rear sensors, and heated the tires up real good!!

    You definantly have got to post that time slip over at the "dragtimes" website and do the STS-V the justice it deserves!!

    Here's the direct STS-V link;

    http://www.dragtimes.com/Cadillac--S...ag-Racing.html

  7. #22
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    my scanner is jacked up, i have a 3 year old, who is curious about things now and got a hold of it while i was sleep. i will find another method to post it

  8. #23
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    my scanner is jacked up, i have a 3 year old, who is curious about things now and got a hold of it while i was sleep. i will find another method to post it
    That would be great if you could, as your time would be the top one for the STS-V!!

    It is still killing me to see 12.8 now,, boy, how i wish the review magazines could have recieved the car running at that number. It would have recieved the praise it really deserves over the M5! I'm still in shock over this free simple drag strip mod! It's just too bad you can't run it on the street that way (with sensors left unplugged), as all of the dash lights would drive you crazy!

  9. #24
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    MY DASH looked like a x-mas tree saturday, i was suprised of the times myself, i went to the booth for the time slip and there it was a 12.8. that dam engine, when it gets hot its a slug, because i ran again after i got my slip and did a 13.4, but a milan i only got 4 runs that day because it was over crowded. sunday at lapeer i ran at least 8 times, but was slower than milan, which was the stickier track no tire chirping at milan, only at lapeer

  10. #25
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Heat Soak = 2.6 Quarts of fluid running through your liquid intercooling system. That coupled with the speed of the intercooler pump, your fluid is completing a full cycle in about 6.5 seconds. The intercooler on these cars have a hard enough time keeping the air charge cool just based on the general design of the intercooler cores (manufactured by Laminova). They are not very efficient.... Sorry I had .02 cents laying around so I figured I would through that in there.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac



    Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    MY DASH looked like a x-mas tree saturday, i was suprised of the times myself, i went to the booth for the time slip and there it was a 12.8. that dam engine, when it gets hot its a slug, because i ran again after i got my slip and did a 13.4, but a milan i only got 4 runs that day because it was over crowded. sunday at lapeer i ran at least 8 times, but was slower than milan, which was the stickier track no tire chirping at milan, only at lapeer

  11. #26
    DETROIT-V's Avatar
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DETROIT
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: lapeer dragway

    so the next time i go i will leet it sit for an hour or so, so it can get a nice cool down, raced and srt-8 jeep today, i hate racing them because you have to reel em in and sometimes you cant reel em in before that quarter mile, the guy say it was a tie i say he beat me, oh well i'll take the win, those things are ridiculous out of the hole, even worse than my typhoon when i had one.

  12. #27
    SRT8/BMW's Avatar
    SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    321

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    so the next time i go i will leet it sit for an hour or so, so it can get a nice cool down, raced and srt-8 jeep today, i hate racing them because you have to reel em in and sometimes you cant reel em in before that quarter mile, the guy say it was a tie i say he beat me, oh well i'll take the win, those things are ridiculous out of the hole, even worse than my typhoon when i had one.
    they are nasty out of the hole aren't they!! I ran 12.7 5 straight passes with my BMW 335 Xi (awd)...its the same as the GCsrt8 out of the hole, but it doesn't slow down! (has a tune (boost controler) and downpipes)

  13. #28
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    I ran 12.7 5 straight passes with my BMW 335 Xi (awd)...its the same as the GCsrt8 out of the hole, but it doesn't slow down! (has a tune (boost controler) and downpipes)
    woe... I though i could walk all over a 335xi.. Guess not..

    http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335xi-Drag-Racing.html

    I'd also hate to come accross a new 2008 M3 with the 414-hp, 4.0-liter.. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds!

    http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-14943.html

  14. #29
    SRT8/BMW's Avatar
    SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    321

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    woe... I though i could walk all over a 335xi.. Guess not..

    http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335xi-Drag-Racing.html

    I'd also hate to come accross a new 2008 M3 with the 414-hp, 4.0-liter.. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds!

    http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-14943.html

    if the 335 was stock, we do walk over them with our sts-v. Also...if you did a 50-120 roll with mine, which isn't stock, you be neck and neck. I know cause I just took a friend out in the BMW and did it to see what would happen. That top one you see in dragtimes is me.

    you want to see some crazy times..go look at the 335i (non awd)..holy sitake

  15. #30
    austin's Avatar
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: lapeer dragway

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    you want to see some crazy times..go look at the 335i (non awd)..holy sitake

    I don't know how much more of this i can take.. A 335i running that kind of time just make me...

    http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-Drag-Racing.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting