EURO STS V report
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, EURO STS V report in Cadillac V-Series Forums; For bad weather here in Germany I still have just about 500 miles on my V - today start with ...
    harryctsv is offline Banned

EURO STS V report

For bad weather here in Germany I still have just about 500 miles on my V - today start with snow again

Following observations I made on my V:

loud wind noise on passenger side starts at around 140 mph, I`ve had this on my 07 V8 too but it was the drivers side door there. (door or doors must get adjusted)

still did no top speed run yet but I`ve had it up to 170 mph but had to slow down for traffic. I observed here a little noise from right side dash or propably pass. seat, on slower speeds I could hear it when going on bad roads but on faster speed it`s allways there.

alltogether I really love this car, acc. is much faster then my V8 was and soon I`ll bring it to my dealer to have this 2 problems get fixed.

Harry

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjbizjak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 07 STS w/1SG Pkg

Re: EURO STS V report

Hooray for the Autoban!

Quote Originally Posted by pjbizjak View Post
    Hooray for the Autoban!
    you are right, I`m pretty sure I beat the Maserati Quattroporte

Harry

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Great to hear harry . So you've seen 170 ? Do you remember where you were RPM wise or how much "steam" you think you had left ?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Great to hear harry . So you've seen 170 ? Do you remember where you were RPM wise or how much "steam" you think you had left ?
    with 500 miles on the odo I still wont hit it hard so I`ve had it in 6th gear coming up to around 140 when I pressed the pedal a little and it shifts back in 5th gear, you could fel the power

give me about two more weeks and I let you know the top end with rpm #`s.

Harry

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv View Post

still did no top speed run yet but I`ve had it up to 170 mph but had to slow down for traffic.

Everybody here in the US should contemplate that statement.

And I'll bet that traffic was just crawling along at 120. How dare they?

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Darn, I need to get to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post
    Everybody here in the US should contemplate that statement.

And I'll bet that traffic was just crawling along at 120. How dare they?
    I`m very happy we don`t have no generali speed limit here but even some parts of the autobahns are restricted to 120 kph ( 75 mph) or in construction areas 80 kph ( 50 mph).

No, not everyone is doing 120 here, statistic says

about 70% is doing 80 - 100 mph
    about 25% is doing up to 130 mpg
    and about 5% are going 130 +

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Darn, I need to get to Germany.
    lol....lol... but Kadonny you need to bring you V here too

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Very cool! That car should be capable of about mid to high 180's. Please do keep us posted on your top speed reports. That is very cool to hear.

How stable does the vehicle feel at that speed?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

For bad weather here in Germany I still have just about 500 miles on my V - today start with snow again

Following observations I made on my V:

loud wind noise on passenger side starts at around 140 mph, I`ve had this on my 07 V8 too but it was the drivers side door there. (door or doors must get adjusted)

still did no top speed run yet but I`ve had it up to 170 mph but had to slow down for traffic. I observed here a little noise from right side dash or propably pass. seat, on slower speeds I could hear it when going on bad roads but on faster speed it`s allways there.

alltogether I really love this car, acc. is much faster then my V8 was and soon I`ll bring it to my dealer to have this 2 problems get fixed.

Harry

Dr. Design, first, you make the cars really look great!!!!!

Before my V I`ve had an 07 V8 which also wasn`t speed limited. The top end on this one was 276 kph ( 171 mph) - no speed limiter!
    At 170 these STS`s feel very stable and on an open Autobahns it`s absolutely no problem to do it. My export V8 had also the Brembo brakes as my V now too and these are the best brakes I ever had in a 4 door car.

I reached the 170 mph in my V very easily and I think you are right to see 180+ on the didital speedo. I`ll keep you informed.

Harry

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

No, not everyone is doing 120 here, statistic says

about 70% is doing 80 - 100 mph
    about 25% is doing up to 130 mpg
    and about 5% are going 130 +

Harry
    It's been a long time since I drove on the 'bahn in 1983, but even then that appeared to be the approximate distribution. My college bud and I had a Renault LeCar. It topped out at maybe 130kph when all the hamsters were tapped. I had read about the left lane speedsters, stuck to the right lane except to pass, and made sure there was nothing--nothing!--in the left lane when I pulled out.

My bud wasn't quite so aware. On his first turn at the wheel he checked the mirror, made a US-trained judgment that it was safe, and started pulling into the left lane to pass. Sudddenly he yells "sh-t!", jerks the car back into the right lane, and a big merc goes blasting buy at 200kph+. Lesson learned.

My favorite story--and this is absolutely true--involves a former inlaw relation , who was quite a jerk. I was at his house for dinner and he complains about how rude German drivers are, because when he drove there the Germans got right on his bumper, honking and flashing their lights. My sis asks what lane he was in. "The left lane." My sis replies, "Its the autobahn. There's no speed limit and you were in the left lane." In law replies with self righteous indignation "That's right. No speed limit, which means any speed you want. And I was going the speed I wanted: 55 miles per hour."

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I reached the 170 mph in my V very easily and I think you are right to see 180+ on the didital speedo. I`ll keep you informed.

Harry
    pics and/or video would be great

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    pics and/or video would be great
    I'll second that.. Would like to see a video of the tach in releation to speed to actual see how much she has left in her.. I am also wondering about the effect on the analog needle from being pinned at 160mph... I'm curious to know if driving it pinned like that for a prolonged time would cause damage to the needle??

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I'll second that.. Would like to see a video of the tach in releation to speed to actual see how much she has left in her.. I am also wondering about the effect on the analog needle from being pinned at 160mph... I'm curious to know if driving it pinned like that for a prolonged time would cause damage to the needle??
    Austin, you`ll see pics or video within the next two weeks, mostly on business trips I`m by myself but I`ll take my son along to take them.

No problem with the needle, my XLR got about 35K miles on it and I`ve had it often past the 260 kph at the analog speedo.

I think I`ve had this picture here already but.......

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ckarsulm16.jpg

I was doing 282 kph while I took the picture myself, too bad you don`t see the numbers in the HUD.

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.