D3 Lid = 25 RWHP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 Lid = 25 RWHP in Cadillac V-Series Forums; The new D3 modified Supercharger lid with revised tune gained 25 RWHP and 16 Lbs/Tq. over the Stage 1.5 on ...
    Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

D3 Lid = 25 RWHP

The new D3 modified Supercharger lid with revised tune gained 25 RWHP and 16 Lbs/Tq. over the Stage 1.5 on the dyno this Saturday. This brings engine output to an estimated 569bhp. This lid is only available through exchange. The lids can be powder coated any color desired for those who wish to dress up their engine bay a little more. D3 also offers a new tune for our ECU boxes using the Stage 1.5 and Modified Lid. Please contact us for more details and pricing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Re: D3 Lid = 25 RWHP

do you have pics of the modified lid? Install time? When you say exchange, is this an advanced exchange? (You send out the modified lid first, then we send back the original?) Thanks.

Here is a photo of the Supercharger Lid installed on the car. The modifications done were to the inside of the lid. This lid has a "super chrome" powder coat finish. Installation time can be done in less than 1 hour by an experienced mechanic with the right tools. At this time we are requesting your lid be sent to us for modification as the lid is not available separately from the supercharger itself. We do plan to keep one modified unit in house at all times if possible to reduce turn around time for customers. Powder coating usually takes a few days to complete, but can be done while your lid is on its way to us for exchange. Thank you.

VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

How much?

What is the turn around time?

Cost of the supercharger lid is $995.00 and includes all serviceable gaskets and directions. Right now I have a modified unit in stock so it would just a matter of shipping time to and from. If the lid is not in stock it will take up to a few weeks to have yours modified. If you would like the lid powder coated, please let me know when placing the order so I can have it done while your parts are in transit. Thank you.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

I have to say,,, You guys really have it going on in the World Of Performance Parts for the STS-V... Nicely done!

So, what is actually involved in replacing the lid, do you have to drain the engine coolant??

Also,,, are those hp/trq figures for a 1.5 package "with" or "without" your modified Corsa exhaust??

Thank you! We're trying our best to bring as many options to people as we can, regardless of what kind of Cadillac you own.

Swapping the supercharger lid can be done on the vehicle in about an hour with the proper tools and experience. The strut tower brace will obviously need to be removed as will the intakes and engine cover. The intercooler has its own reservoir that is separate from the engine cooling system so only about a quart or two of fluid should be lost.

Ok,,, Since it has to be drained i'd say that would be the perfect time to add some Red Line WaterWetter.

Can you tell me if those hp/trq figures for the D3 Lid w/1.5 package are "with" or "without" your modified Corsa exhaust??

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Also, to get the ECU box upgrade, would we send you our ecu box along with the lid to be reflashed? Any charge/cost to upgrading the ecu box?

PSRmark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Ok,,, Since it has to be drained i'd say that would be the perfect time to add some Red Line WaterWetter.

Can you tell me if those hp/trq figures for the D3 Lid w/1.5 package are "with" or "without" your modified Corsa exhaust??

It is a perfect time to add some water wetter to the intercooler fluid. We were running our intercooler upgrade on this vehicle to maintain the HP across the board, it really makes a big difference. I think I did 10 runs back to back while tuning the ECU box and I didn't see more than a 2hp loss.

The vehicle was run with the Corsa, and it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    Also, to get the ECU box upgrade, would we send you our ecu box along with the lid to be reflashed? Any charge/cost to upgrading the ecu box?
    Typically we charge 100 to reflash a D3 ECU box, but with the purchase of the Lid upgrade we can do it for half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by d3Mark View Post
    It is a perfect time to add some water wetter to the intercooler fluid. We were running our intercooler upgrade on this vehicle to maintain the HP across the board, it really makes a big difference. I think I did 10 runs back to back while tuning the ECU box and I didn't see more than a 2hp loss.

The vehicle was run with the Corsa, and it sounds great.
    That's very consistent,

Your intercooler upgrade sounds really good, and really makes alot sense.. I would just be worried that if the dealer saw it, there could be warranty issues.. All of your other products come right off, except for the intercooler upgrade.. How are dealerships accepting the intercooler upgrade as well as your other products??

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    That's very consistent,

Your intercooler upgrade sounds really good, and really makes alot sense.. I would just be worried that if the dealer saw it, there could be warranty issues.. All of your other products come right off, except for the intercooler upgrade.. How are dealerships accepting the intercooler upgrade as well as your other products??
    Being that I am a former Cadillac tech, I wouldn't have any gripes about it. In fact we have the company STS-V at the dealer right now getting Case halves(oil pan/manifold gaskets) replaced and our intercooler upgrade was installed, and they didn't mind. It is although case by case, some people hold the letter to a tee.

I'm almost done with the video footage from this dyno run. I'll post it in a new thread when it's completed. Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.