am i the only one
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, am i the only one in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Is there anyone in the surrounding Detroit area with a STS-V, if you guys are familiar with the area i ...
    DETROIT-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V/ 2006 H2 AND OLD FAITHFUL 97 CONTINENTAL SINCE NEW

am i the only one

Is there anyone in the surrounding Detroit area with a STS-V, if you guys are familiar with the area i saw one guy whos always in the Redford ,MI area off telegraph rd. I saw one parked on 10 mile in hazel park both are black, mines is silver. i know of a guy who has a v-8 sts with a v badge, i don"t talk to perpertraters as he was trying to keep up with me, dont talk to wannabe's we have nothing in common. If there any real V owners please shout out, this is the motor city, the capital of cars. BE ON THE LOOK OUT ON YOU TUBE I WILL HAVE VIDEOS OF MY VICTIMS FROM 1/4 MILE RUNS AND BIG END RUNS TOO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: am i the only one

I used to live there for a little while, but got out. Motor city, ya right. I wouldn't want to drive any car that I cared for on those city streets

AINT THAT THE TRUTH, i just bought another pirelli front last week, its not the run flat, but its the same brand, for a c-note, oh by the way i raced my friends 2002 c5 convertible and whupped his azz up and down i-75 last night, i wish i wouldve had my camcorder. i beat him all the way to 145mph, after that he was reeling me in at around a buck fifty,but i had been 4 cars ahead the whole time.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT-V View Post
    AINT THAT THE TRUTH, i just bought another pirelli front last week, its not the run flat, but its the same brand.

It also is not the same sidewall or compound, so you've just unbalanced the handling and braking. Which could be serious if you're going to keep driving 145+ like you say.

IT rides the same way it did when i bought it, in this city called Detroit theres always someone outhere who's going to challenge you. If you are on your way to work, or home from work theres someone, these highways here are 5 lane and 85% straight a ways. i just raced a srt8 300c today, and the srt-8 out ran me on top end, but he had to catch me to pass me up. Detroit cops only focus on homicide and narcotics, and the crooked azz mayor we got . i dont just say i go that fast i do SON.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

<---- Me Dreaming of Clear, Straight, 5 Lane Highways...

<---- Me, NOT DREAMING, driving around Chicagoland on our wonderfully congested 2, 3, or 4 lane highways which are ALWAYS under construction at some point...

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

IT rides the same way it did when i bought it, in this city called Detroit theres always someone outhere who's going to challenge you. If you are on your way to work, or home from work theres someone, these highways here are 5 lane and 85% straight a ways. i just raced a srt8 300c today, and the srt-8 out ran me on top end, but he had to catch me to pass me up. Detroit cops only focus on homicide and narcotics, and the crooked azz mayor we got . i dont just say i go that fast i do SON.
    I am here too! Northern suburbs. I have an 06 silver sts-v (and a charger srt8 as well). I like your honesty..when me and my bro go out and run em against each other, the v jumps out but the srt8 eventually overtakes. wicked top end and I think a lot of torque nannies in the V.

the problem is with the pirellis, even in slightly damp conditions, the car is not functional. Has to be a bout 45 degrees and dry...sucks. And, I have driven on roads in 40 of the 50 states, and NO roads are as bad as in Michigan..and it is not just detroit.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

There are quite a few STS and other V's in SE Michigan. You could easily hit 145 mph around here. I used to hit 125 mph in the gaps in rush hour traffic (braking back to the 80 mph of the rest of traffic before catching up) in my C5.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

We always have a couple in the shop typically, and my neighbor has one as well as a few of my friends

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    We always have a couple in the shop typically, and my neighbor has one as well as a few of my friends

Nice list of rides!!! Everyone is a beauty. Your worse than me..."guy with the modding problem"

2006 sts-v (to be replaced by a 2009 CTS-V with 550 ponies)
    2007 charger srt8 (Plum Krazy Purple)
    2006 300C (modded to the hilt!)
    2008 BMW 335 xi (my new winter toy)

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Heheh we can jump over to the GTO forum and banter One of these days you need to PM me, I have a question for you LOL

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

i dont just say i go that fast i do SON.
    Wow. I am so impressed. So you're a hotshot driver but you can't even sense the difference between new and old tires of unequal compounds on the right and left front tires. Don't give up your day job, as I don't think NASCAR or the IRL is going to be calling anytime soon.

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post
    Wow. I am so impressed. So you're a hotshot driver but you can't even sense the difference between new and old tires of unequal compounds on the right and left front tires. Don't give up your day job, as I don't think NASCAR or the IRL is going to be calling anytime soon.
    If you lived in MI, you wouldn't be able to tell either. You never get to have more than one tire on the same surface, of their "roads", at a given time

THANK YOU FELLAS ive been trying to tell these guys how these streets are in MI, i have hit that top speed governor on a wednesday at lunch time, it gets there just that fast. and yes it is hard to get traction while trying to merge, you will break loose side ways. oh yeah i did see a silver V at the rams horn on big beaver and rochester rd, late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post
    first of all theres a hater in every car web site, that you are, second i dont drive in circles like nascar, third, you arent on my level untill you cash out on a V. and forth and final next time you see grown folk talking shut the f&%K up. have a good day and brush your teeth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.