~Made the move to a 2006 STS-V today~ - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, ~Made the move to a 2006 STS-V today~ in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun Big rear wing, coffee can muffler with 5" outlet, neon undercarriage lights? Or maybe spring for ...
    Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Re: ~Made the move to a 2006 STS-V today~

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post
    Big rear wing, coffee can muffler with 5" outlet, neon undercarriage lights? Or maybe spring for the big mod: Lambo doors!
    YUP! Man, I cannot type . . . LOL . . . Rice

I am going to guess I ment DRIVE . . .

pjbizjak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 07 STS w/1SG Pkg

Check the tires.......@ 11K they're probably half gone.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Thanks.. I mentioned i wanted the nav & the main computer flashed to the most recent firmware and they said no problem. I forgot about the differential seal. Should i request anything else while it is there??
    Not a dealer thing, but you should be "grandfathered" into the free Nav disk update program. Get your VIN number and call 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472) to order a 2008 disc set. I just did it for my 2006 today.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Not a dealer thing, but you should be "grandfathered" into the free Nav disk update program. Get your VIN number and call 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472) to order a 2008 disc set. I just did it for my 2006 today.
    Hey alright, POINTS to you (if we still had Points).

2008 NAV DISC CORV/GP/STS/9-5 (North America) for 2006 CADILLAC STS
    Unit price: $0.00, Qty: 1, Cost: $0.00

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

You must be a mind reader! I was just thinking the other day of how i could get an upgraded disc, as i saw that the GM NAV Upgrade website wanted a special invitation number to be entered (which i don't have). So,,, i'm thinking where do i get that from? But, you think just a telephone call and vin number is all i need?? I hope so, as that would be great... Unless it is only good for the 1st owner??

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

I am not the first owner. I called because when I tried to update the owner info, the website told me I had a 2006 Buick Terraza (ugh!). So I called to correct that. While I had a rep on the line, I asked if I was entitled to a free update and she said "yes" and took my order.

VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

See if they can upgrade the radio controls to the steering wheel.

In 2007 they corrected the small issue- in 2006 when you hit the channel search button, it seeks all chanels rather than the preprogramed ones. The 2007 has 2 funtions on the button rather than just 1. They did this to correct the issue.

My dealer couldn't figure it out.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I don't see many issues on STS-V.

There were some enahancements to the ECM programming, good idea to get the latest software put in.
    The radio update is a must, make sure they follow the TSB steps carefully.

I have seen a few wiring issues, the engine harness is kind of strange. I won't bore you with those details.
    I have 2 that come in regularly... until I get them, then they stay gone until they need another oil change

I think you will really love the car. I really like them.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I don't see many issues on STS-V.

There were some enahancements to the ECM programming, good idea to get the latest software put in.
    The radio update is a must, make sure they follow the TSB steps carefully.

I have seen a few wiring issues, the engine harness is kind of strange. I won't bore you with those details.
    I have 2 that come in regularly... until I get them, then they stay gone until they need another oil change

I think you will really love the car. I really like them.

Would you happen to have some sort of referance to show that a ecm upgrade exist (like the nav one), or perhaps a version number, or a document number that i can tell them where to look it up.... Just so that i can show them is does exist, and that i know what i'm talking about. Thanks..

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Usually I just check by doing the reprogram, if the cals haven't been updated it will not let me proceed with programming but show me a "GM does not recommend programming with the same calibrations".

Here is one:
    Subject: LC3 Engine MIL/SES, DTCs P0128, P0171, P0174 or P2261 (Reprogram ECM) #06-06-04-053 - (10/16/2006)

Models: 2006 Cadillac STS-V, XLR-V

with Supercharged 4.4L Northstar« DOHC V8 SC Engine (VIN D -- RPO LC3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
    Some customers may comment on an illumination of the SES/MIL with no other symptoms. Upon further investigation, the technician may find one or more of the following DTCs stored in the ECM:

• DTC P0128: Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature

• DTC P0171: Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1

• DTC P0174: Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2

• DTC P2261: Supercharger By-Pass Valve Stuck
    Here is one for the TCM:

Subject: 5L40-E/5L50-E Transmission Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Surge, Shudder, Exhaust Moan, Chuggle Noise at Low Speed and Light Load (Reprogram TCM) #06-07-30-030A - (09/05/2007)

Models: 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS

2005-2007 SRX, STS

with V6 Engine (VIN Codes 7, N, T -- RPOs LY7, LA3, LP1)

2004-2006 SRX

2005-2006 Cadillac STS

with V8 Engine (VIN Code A -- RPO LH2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add V6 engine applications. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-07-30-030 (Section 07 -- Transaxle/Transmission)

Condition
    Some customers may comment on a shudder, surge or chuggle on light throttle under light load just after torque converter clutch (TCC) engagement. Others may comment on an engine exhaust moan in the 1200 RPM range between 65-73 km/h (40-45 mph). This occurs with the transmission at normal operating temperature and commanding the TCC off with the scan tool will eliminate the concern.
    Also there are two recalls on some vehicles for reprogramming the ECM.
    Give me (or PM me) the last 8 of the VIN and I'll run it for you to see if there are any open recalls... or have them check.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Mine came today, actually two disks this time US/Canada West and US/Canada East. It shows as version 4.00 GM p/n 25852830U.

Backing them up to an image file now

Thanks for the head's up Slo-Mo-Shun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.