Insurance Cost On The V`s
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Insurance Cost On The V`s in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Im Currently Shopping For An Sts-v And Was Curious As To What Others Are Paying For Insurance.thanks....
    mv35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Insurance Cost On The V`s

Im Currently Shopping For An Sts-v And Was Curious As To What Others Are Paying For Insurance.thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

Re: Insurance Cost On The V`s

about 1200 for 6 months....clean record.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

In Dallas,TX. State Farm- 100K,300K, Liability / PIP / Other than collision with 100.00 deductible / 500.00 deductible on collision / towing / Rental car / Uninsured- Underinsured motorist - 50K, 100K / Property damage 25K.

6 month Premium is about 850.00

It helps to understand comparing insurance costs when you know how much and what type of coverage is being paid in the premium. One can raise or lower the cost by changing how much is covered or the deductible on the policy, also where the coverage is at. Areas with high accident rates, usually large cities, are going to be a lot more than rural areas.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

The answer to your question is only relevant if you know what the person giving you the answer would be paying for something ELSE, and more specifically for something that is not a hot rod.

The news in this respect seems to be good: My insurer (PEMCO) does not distinguish between an STS-V and a standard STS when setting rates! Seems this car is so far under the radar that insurers don't have any idea what it really is. Try that with a Corvette or M3.

FWIW, I'm an attorney who spends most of his time working with the insurance industry, and I can't say this strongly enough: NEVER buy less than 300k liability limits (per person/per occurrance), and you should buy all that you can. The litigation climate in this country, and medical costs, are so far over the top that even the simplist personal injury case can easily exceed a $100,000 limit.

CWIS: You're underinsured, unless you have an Umbrella.

mv35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

good information guys, THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post

CWIS: You're underinsured, unless you have an Umbrella.
    Thanks

jtcarlson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Hello,

I just got my 08 STS-V a few months ago. I have clean record and am 30 years old, not married. I am paying 1211 every 6 months. Was only 20 bucks more then my Z4 coupe for double the car value.

Joe

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

FWIW, I'm an attorney who spends most of his time working with the insurance industry, and I can't say this strongly enough: NEVER buy less than 300k liability limits (per person/per occurrance), and you should buy all that you can. The litigation climate in this country, and medical costs, are so far over the top that even the simplist personal injury case can easily exceed a $100,000 limit.

I understand what you are saying. For me though, all my assets are pretty well protected as I am a position where law suits against me are to be expected. I go with the lowest coverage allowed, this way I pay less, and if there was an auto claim against me all that would be available would be 10-15thousand, this makes me less of a target. The laws are different in every state, and you're best to be thoroughly familiar with them. Here in Fl, if you have no assets available (your house and car are protected by our homestead act), it's impossible to go after future earnings. That’s why OJ moved here (I'm not proud of that).

It seems that all the premiums listed are pretty high. I just bought my sts-v and have not registered it with my insurance co yet. But my previous car was listed as the #1 most expensive car to insure, and I was paying less then 600 per 6 mo. Also I get some help with the above from my wife who does asset protection and PI law.

jtcarlson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I guess I should have listed that on the 1211 I pay every 6 months. I have all the limits MAXED out. My policy has everything you can get and everything is set to the hightest limit they offer : ) I am sure if I set my policy to the state limit my 6 month would be much much cheaper, but like you said I dont think those limits cover much of anything with a serious crash. Hope that helps : )

Yeah simply listing our 6 month premium doesn't really tell the whole story. You kinda have to know amount of coverage and where it's at to get any form of comparative idea of costs. From the CTS-V to the STS-V it increased 34.00 every 6 months, everything else staying the same.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by adamhw View Post
    For me though, all my assets are pretty well protected as I am a position where law suits against me are to be expected. I go with the lowest coverage allowed, this way I pay less, and if there was an auto claim against me all that would be available would be 10-15thousand, this makes me less of a target. The laws are different in every state, and you're best to be thoroughly familiar with them. Here in Fl, if you have no assets available (your house and car are protected by our homestead act), it's impossible to go after future earnings. That’s why OJ moved here (I'm not proud of that).
    Okay. Usually I try to "sell" high limits as a form of self interest. There is an alternative reason, which is that if you really do screw up and seriously injure some poor soul--say a 17-year-old who now will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life--you have a financial/moral obligation to have something in place to take care of him. You're not proud of why OJ moved to FL, but are you wetting your feet in the same moral swamp?

Changing the subject slightly, I'm paying $870 a year for max-limit liability insurance plus collision and comprehensive. I don't get the towing or rental insurance. Why the low rate? Great insurance company, no street racing, and like I said they don't know what the "v" stands for.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

my insurance went DOWN 72 bucks a month going from a 1.8T GTI to the V

[QUOTE=Slo-Mo-Shun;1392672]Okay. Usually I try to "sell" high limits as a form of self interest. There is an alternative reason, which is that if you really do screw up and seriously injure some poor soul--say a 17-year-old who now will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life--you have a financial/moral obligation to have something in place to take care of him. You're not proud of why OJ moved to FL, but are you wetting your feet in the same moral swamp?

I agree 100% with you and I think you are doing the right thing. For me at this time my finances are spread very thin and must do all that I can to cut the fat on my expenses. However I have dedicated my life to helping those in need, and if I was to personally believe that I permanently damaged someone/thing, I feel I would take a morally responsible action. Although I hope you don't think paying high premiums will cause you insurance company to exhibit any moral compassion. They will pay the least amount possible in the longest time frame allowed by the courts. The insurance companies dictate the rules that we must abide by to maximize their profits, I am just playing their financial game to maximize my profits.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Well, chalk up one more STS-V driving attorney.... Odd that there are so many of us... My only other thought is to make sure to check your uninsured/underinsured coverage. This is the part of your policy that pays you if someone else has little or no insurance and it is their fault. Imagine someone with $15,000 limits hitting your car. My neighbor backed into my rear quarter panel and that was $5000. And, it will also allow for coverage for any personal injury to you as well. If somoone has minimal limits and you do too on the uninsured/underinsured, you'll be able to recover very little even if you are severely iunjured. Do yourself a favor and check these coverages!

I'm not a lawyer, just married to one. My comprehensive coverage will cover my car if someone without insurance hits it. I have health insurance that would cover any injury to myself. If I get into an accident and it's not my fault, my rates will probably increase no matter who pays.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.