Insurance Cost On The V`s - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Insurance Cost On The V`s in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by adamhw I'm not a lawyer, just married to one. My comprehensive coverage will cover my car if ...
    thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Re: Insurance Cost On The V`s

Quote Originally Posted by adamhw View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, just married to one. My comprehensive coverage will cover my car if someone without insurance hits it. I have health insurance that would cover any injury to myself. If I get into an accident and it's not my fault, my rates will probably increase no matter who pays.
    Health insurance may cover your medical bills, but what if you suffer a permanent injury or can't work again. Hopefully that will never happen, but just check into it. For the amount it costs, you may rethink this coverage in light of what it could cost you if you didn't have it.

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Thanks. I do have disability insurance as well. I definately pay too much for all my insurance already. Not to be morbid, but I have life insurance too.

Just looking at my new insuance quotes, replaced two cars and my rates dropped 300-400 With the sts-v the rates are 400/6mo and that gives more coverage then the average policyholder here in south florida, probably to low by your standards but I feel I am adequetly protected. And considering 50% of drivers in Miami have no insurance(illegal), it's hard to feel morally inadequete. The car I had before was listed as the #1 most expensive car to insure. My wife just got the new model of the same car.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun View Post
    Okay. Usually I try to "sell" high limits as a form of self interest.
    I went yesterday and upped my limits a step. I'm now at 250/500 liability, uninsured/underinsured 100/100. Everything else is still the same, rental/towing/ deductibles. Apparently they needed to be at these levels to go under an umbrella. I'm still considering that. This changed my 6 month premium by 23.00.

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

2006 STS V8 1SG

Regarding car insurance costs - and I live in Texas where everything grows big, especially insurance premiums (think: commissions for the agents). I live in Denton County, on the very southern edge, where I am a few yards from Dallas county and would see a 1/3 increase in my car and home insurance rate.

I am heavily insured - I have some very heavy car coverage, and the reason is, I have USAA from San Antonio , and I have always paid less than the rest of the world. I did notice my collision loss premium is a 1/3 more expensive than my wife's new Avalon, but my total is only $50.00 more than her car coverage cost. I pay $440.00 1/2 year for me. I guess a $60K car is a bit more expensive to hammer out straight than a $30K car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.