Mileage Report
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Mileage Report in Cadillac V-Series Forums; saw thread in sts room and i thought it might be a good idea to see what kinds of problems ...
    BMBSALES is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1

Mileage Report

saw thread in sts room and i thought it might be a good idea to see what kinds of problems the v has, being reported from those with higher miles. maybe help others avoid same problems as they get more miles.

MINE JUST TURNED 16k

but most of the problems occurred in first 3000 miles...cat, seat rattle, dash rattle, uneven tailpipes, pinion seal, nav re-program, loose shifter knob, ash tray replaced.

ANYBODY HAVE MORE MILES?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: Mileage Report

I have about the same, I think 14k miles.

My only issue was the driver seat motor went bad and the seat would not adjust. Replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago.

Oh, and I straightened my uneven tail pipes myself. They are perfect now.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

15,300 - just changed my oil for the 2nd time, this time I let my oil life go down to less than 10%.
    Used Amsoil 0w-30 and Amsoil Ea filter, as usual.

My headlights ar currently foggy, my manager just gave me the approval to replace them, but not at the same time.

I will need brakes soon, as in next month. I am aquiring Hawk pads now, and I may get the factory accesory drilled rotors...thinking about it. I replaced my right front tire under warranty because it developed a bubble in the side, but I will need 2 rear tires soon, needs a right rear now!

I have had my passenger seat air bag sensor replaced 3 times, first time after one month of ownership, the 2nd after 7 months and the 3rd right after the 2nd one as the 2nd one never operated well at all. Works good now, though.

I had one flat about 6 months ago, I pumped it up and drove the car in to work to fix it.

I had issues with the check engine light 3 times, all traced to my D3 equipment placement.

Had the nav radio updated after 4 months of ownership and have not had one glitch since, wirh radio,nav,bluetooth, nothin'.

Did a tranny flush about a year ago, switched to Amsoil universal, we under filled the tranny. What an experience that was, I was fortunate in that I figured it out and my techs thought I was crazy. I didn't dispute the "crazy" part but I knew I was right about the tranny...on a hard accel, only in 1st or 2nd the car would dis-engage as though you stepped on the clutch momentarily and then would re-engage barking the tires every time. What was happening was on hard accel, all the fluid was pushed to the back of the trans away from the pickup allowing it to pickup air momentarily...because it was under filled! Checked it, filled it, has been perfect ever since.

This is all that I can remember...other than that, it's been a sweet ride!

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

13,994 miles . . . no repairs. A few little nags but just don't seem worth addressing . . .

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

3300 miles, have had the Nav/Radio software updated. But of course the recall is coming and then I may let them try and fix my squeaky seat.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

I just crossed 15K miles.
    Most of my issues were minor, happened early on (before 5K miles) and have been fixed under warranty:
    - Squeaky drivers seat
    - Shattered rear window
    - Nav system software update
    - Blown speaker in front passenger door
    - Hesitation when starting from a dead stop (software update to transmission and adjustment of pedal position sensor)

I have noticed lately that my brakes have started squeaking when cold. I am going to need an oil change soon so I will get the brakes addressed when I take it in for the oil change. They have been great about fixing things at the dealer, so I really don't have any complaints about taking the car in for these minor things.

Considering how high tech this car is and that the vast majority of this complicated car is flawless, I can forgive all of the really minor nits except for the exploding rear window for which I think there is no excuse.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

13,500 miles on 06 without any issues to date. Like WillySTS, I did change over all my fluids to AMSOIL. Using these products:
    AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic 0w30 (actually I'm using the predecessor to this, the Series 2000 0w30 as I had stocked up on it before it was replaced with this newer fluid a few months ago)
    AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter (EA032 for the LS6 and 06 LS2, EAO47 for the 07s and later)
    AMSOIL ATF
    AMSOIL Severe Gear Extreme Pressure Synthetic 75w90

If you haven't changed your diff fluid yet, I'd consider doing it. May help stave off the diff problems many have had. Check out the high wear numbers on my diff sample which was changed out at about 10k miles:
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V Used Oil Analysis Factory Fill Differential Fluid

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

23,000 and haven't had any noticible problems other than the pinion seal problem that was fixed around 3,000 miles. I have noticed that it seemed to be loosing power and some giddy up and go as of late... Then I reset the computer by unplugging the battery for 30 min and wow what a difference. It got a lot more peppy and now pulls a lot harder. Oh yeah, still on stock break pads as well.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Sorry, my post above is about an 06 CTS-V. I clicked on the wrong sub-forum... now can't figure out how to edit my post.

So I'm not the only one with a squeky seat? They tried to fix it 2 times to no avail....I finally gave up on worrying about it. It's so minor it doesn't bother me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    So I'm not the only one with a squeky seat? They tried to fix it 2 times to no avail....I finally gave up on worrying about it. It's so minor it doesn't bother me anymore.

This is almost what I'm expecting without them having to completely replace it. Sounds like a fairly common issue ?

Honestly CIWS, I thought I was the only one on the V that had it. There is a TSB on seat squeeking that is specific to the STS (does not mention V) and I had that done. They put a piece of rubber hose under one of the floor mount brackets and that was supposed to stop it. Well, it didn't work for me. They then tried it a second time and made it worse so I finally gave up.

Is yours squeeking or more like creaking. My seat creaks when I make a right hand turn (seat leans towards the outside of the car). It's definitely in the seatback, not the seat cushion for me.

It sounds like it's in the seat more than the back and seems to be more prominent with a side to side motion than straight up and down. Got any clue what the STS TSB # is ? (ewill reading out there ? )

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    It sounds like it's in the seat more than the back and seems to be more prominent with a side to side motion than straight up and down. Got any clue what the STS TSB # is ? (ewill reading out there ? )
    This is exactly what happened to my car. It actually sounded like the seat (or the occupant) was farting every time it shifted from side to side.

I don't know the TSB number offhand (I'm at work and don't have my paperwork here), but I do know that it involved taking some rubber tubing, splitting it down the side, and then using it as shims for where the seat cushion connects to the seat frame.

They did it on both front seats and I have had 0 problems with it since. There is definitely a TSB because I saw it on the mechanic's computer complete with diagrams on how to make and install the tubing shims. They simply looked it up by keywords based on my description of the problem and fixed it in under an hour.

I'll look at my paperwork tonight to see if I can find the actual TSB number that was applied.

I emailed my service advisor and he sent the TSB below. He also cautioned that some people hear what they think is the seat farting, but it is actually the HVAC recirculation vent which is another TSB.

Anyway, here is his response:

----------------------------------------

HERE ARE THE BULLETINS. THE SECOND ONE IS THE ONE DONE TO YOURS, BUT I HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO THINK THE

NOISE IS COMING FROM THE SEAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FART AND IT IS THE HVAC ARM. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP ANYMORE.

LATER.

Subject:
    Driver Seat Creaks - keywords front left metal outboard rear seat squeak track washer #PIC4754 - (01/30/2008)

Models:
    2005-2008 Cadillac STS and STS-V built before 11/19/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

A customer may comment that the driver's seat creaks when turning corners or moving laterally in the seat. The creak may be defined as a metal to metal noise. The condition may be noticed more by larger occupants with the seat in the full rearward position. This condition may be caused by contact of rear outboard driver seat track hold down washer (1) to body sheet metal in the rocker area (2). This area is hidden from view. The washer may rotate clockwise when the seat bolt is tightened until it contacts the rocker sheet metal. This condition only occurs on the driver's side as the washer on the passenger's side rotates away from rocker. The washer has to wear through the paint before the creak begins.

Recommendation/Instructions:

To correct this condition, loosen the driver seat outboard attachment and hold the washer (1) from rotating as the bolt is retightened. Refer to fastener tightening specifications for proper torque spec.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Document ID# 2055909
    2006 Cadillac STS

Subject:
    Driver Seat Creaks - keywords front left metal outboard rear seat squeak track washer #PIC4754 - (01/30/2008)

Models:
    2005-2008 Cadillac STS and STS-V built before 11/19/2007

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

A customer may comment that the driver's seat creaks when turning corners or moving laterally in the seat. The creak may be defined as a metal to metal noise. The condition may be noticed more by larger occupants with the seat in the full rearward position. This condition may be caused by contact of rear outboard driver seat track hold down washer (1) to body sheet metal in the rocker area (2). This area is hidden from view. The washer may rotate clockwise when the seat bolt is tightened until it contacts the rocker sheet metal. This condition only occurs on the driver's side as the washer on the passenger's side rotates away from rocker. The washer has to wear through the paint before the creak begins.

Recommendation/Instructions:

To correct this condition, loosen the driver seat outboard attachment and hold the washer (1) from rotating as the bolt is retightened. Refer to fastener tightening specifications for proper torque spec.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.