Mileage Report - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Mileage Report in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Great dhemrick Thanks ! It's definitely a "squeak squeak" sound and if there's a TSB on it, it's fairly common....
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Mileage Report

Great dhemrick Thanks !

It's definitely a "squeak squeak" sound and if there's a TSB on it, it's fairly common.

They now have a new Nav/Radio unit on order. This is reflecting back to the reason I had them check and update the software in it, but the problem has still returned twice. So it looks like they'll be doing that, the recall on the pinion seal, and the TSB on the seat all in a single visit.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I know about a bulletin for seat cushion movement on STS, for that we put some segments of vacuum hose in the slots for the cushion hooks to keep them from sliding back and forth.

On the V I have seen a couple of issues where the hooks on the seat tracks go into the floor. They can move a bit causing a pretty irritating squeak noise.
    I usually pull the seats out and put some insulative material on there, like an adhesive strip of felt tape or something durable that won't wear through easily.
    Not sure if there is a bulletin on that.
    Don't see a lot of it.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Nav Reflash??? Can someone PM me or post that service bulletin.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Nav Reflash??? Can someone PM me or post that service bulletin.

Thanks,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1313457-post6.html

Austin, I am not sure if I posted that whole bulletin.
    Will the bulletin number be enough?
    I can get more if you need.
    The dealer should be able to look it up and find out all the details they need to know.

BMBSALES is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Honestly CIWS, I thought I was the only one on the V that had it. There is a TSB on seat squeeking that is specific to the STS (does not mention V) and I had that done. They put a piece of rubber hose under one of the floor mount brackets and that was supposed to stop it. Well, it didn't work for me. They then tried it a second time and made it worse so I finally gave up.

Is yours squeeking or more like creaking. My seat creaks when I make a right hand turn (seat leans towards the outside of the car). It's definitely in the seatback, not the seat cushion for me.
    mine had this done also

got the orig tires put back on rear. they weren't 11/32 as advertised, but rather 10/32. fronts still had 5/32 on them at 16k, so for $800 bucks i left them. hopefully next round i will be able to get the f1's so the car will handle. nice to have run-flats, but they are so harsh that i think they soften up compound so they don't push and slide as much, and that creates a wear issue. i brought mine in with the cords hanging out of them.

Yeah I'd rather deal with a possible flat situation and call Cadillac roadside or AAA. Plus one can purchase kits and compressors to handle a low/flat tire. The run flats are a nice peace of mind, but the non run flats are cheaper, wear longer, and ride better. Plus it's obvious GM is getting the message as now neither the new 09 CTS-V or Corvette ZR1 are coming equipped with run flat tires or a spare.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    Austin, I am not sure if I posted that whole bulletin.
    Will the bulletin number be enough?
    I can get more if you need.
    The dealer should be able to look it up and find out all the details they need to know.

Hi, yes, just the number would be fine.. So if they say there is none, i can say try this.. It appears that the NAV TSB seems to be the most popular update to have.

Here you go, hope this helps.

Voice Recognition System Performs Poorly, Memory Seat Function Operation Complicated, Navigation Radio Screen Locks Up, Map DVD Message Displayed, Telephone Number Not Dialed via Bluetooth #05-08-126-001B - (03/28/2007)

Models: 2005-2007 Cadillac STS

Built Prior to December, 2006

with Navigation Radio (RPO YQ4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to clarify which vehicles require the software updates by providing the software version information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-08-126-001A (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
    Some customers may comment of any or all of the following conditions:

• Poor performance of the voice recognition system.

• The memory seat function operation is too complicated to set.

• The navigation radio touch screen locks up.

• The navigation radio displays "Disc Inserted is Not a Map DVD" even though a map DVD is installed.

• A telephone number cannot be dialed via "Bluetooth". This occurs after the customer has added and/or deleted more than 50 inputs.

• When using "Bluetooth", the outbound caller is very faint and cannot be heard well.

Cause
    These conditions may be caused by the navigation system software.

0luke1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

I'm at 31K miles and two years. Front tires are still original. Can't explain that! Replaced rears at 20K. Replaced brake pads around the same time.

Several problems at first - but (knock on wood, everything seems to have settled down). Have had no issues since summer. Had a leaky power steering seal, tranny had a major problem, squeaky belt (2x), other assorted minor issues. One funny thing - I was hearing a howling - it got worse and worse - I went to the dealer and the mechanic called me over and said "look, I'm not saying it didn't exist, but it's not here now."

Sure enough, it wasn't there. Best I can figure is that they had filled the washer fluid as soon as I pulled in and that stopped the howling (the washer fluid light was on). Must have been the pump.

Paint and interior holding up very well. Getting over15MPG, which as far as I'm concerned is amazing. I do not baby the car and the average speed on the NJ Turnpike is 80MPH (I'm just reporting the news).

All-in-all, an outstanding experience for a practically unique 469 hp car. It will be traded in at 50K. I have not kept my last 4 vehicles that long. I'll look at the cts-v and see if it's large enough. If not, hopefully, they'll have something new in the works. I wouldn't even mind buying a short-term car if I had to wait a few months (4-door Wrangler off lease for summer use).

Biggest minor pet peeve is the sound system. It's not horrible - but it could have been better. My favorite interior thing is the touch screen - MB radio/nav is positively primitive compared to the STS-V.

Bottom line - best car I've ever owned - best car I've ever been in (including A-8).

Quote Originally Posted by 0luke1 View Post
    and the average speed on the NJ Turnpike is 80MPH (I'm just reporting the news).
    bumper to bumper baby just like garden st pkwy....love it. exhilarating!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.