Digital speedo on STS V ????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Digital speedo on STS V ???? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi there, my 07 V8 STS got the HUD, so I have the analog speedo and the HUD speedo. My ...
    harryctsv is offline Banned

Digital speedo on STS V ????

Hi there,
    my 07 V8 STS got the HUD, so I have the analog speedo and the HUD speedo.
    My question: I might take delivery soon on a brand new STS V, it`s an 07 model and doesn`t have the HUD (I know the 08 model has it). Does the 07 have the digital speedo in the DIC?

I need this because the export models are not speed governed, my 07 tops out 276 kph (171 mph) while my analog speedo stops at 270 kph but the HUD goes up to top end.

I`m very interested what the V is able to do top end and after brake in I`ll let you guys know!

Harry

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Digital speedo on STS V ????

it should display it on the DIC

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    Yes, it does.
    Thank you Willy, good to know.

Harry

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Welcome Harry, about time you joined our club!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Congrats harry on getting your V. It will be interesting to see what you can get it up to there where you have the highway to do it.

Talking Re: Digital speedo on STS V ????

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Congrats harry on getting your V. It will be interesting to see what you can get it up to there where you have the highway to do it.
    CIWS and Kadonny, sure I let you know what the V is able to top out on our Autobahns. Give me 1000 km (about 600 miles) for brake in before I do it!

Yep Kadonny, you are right, it was time to join the club!!!!

Here`s a picture of it, still stands on 5th floor showroom at my dealers other location in Frankfurt.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...r/P1000009.jpg

Harry

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv View Post
    CIWS and Kadonny, sure I let you know what the V is able to top out on our Autobahns. Give me 1000 km (about 600 miles) for brake in before I do it!

Yep Kadonny, you are right, it was time to join the club!!!!

Here`s a picture of it, still stands on 5th floor showroom at my dealers other location in Frankfurt.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...r/P1000009.jpg

Harry

Nice looking V harry After you get the car broken in and make a high speed run, is there any chance you can get a brave passenger to ride with you and shoot video of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Nice looking V harry After you get the car broken in and make a high speed run, is there any chance you can get a brave passenger to ride with you and shoot video of it ?
    Yes, sure I`ll know many who like to do a high speed run with me and take a video.

Here`s a picture with my XLR doing 274 kph (170 mph by HUD) while the analog speedo stoped at 260 kph (161 mph) as you can see.

I was alone in the car and took the photo....lol....lol

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ckarsulm16.jpg

Harry

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Very cool picture!

Is the tire pressure warning light on?? I'm not sure I'd want to see that light up at 170 mph!

Quote Originally Posted by NC STS-V View Post
    Very cool picture!

Is the tire pressure warning light on?? I'm not sure I'd want to see that light up at 170 mph!
    NC STS V, you took a good look at this picture and you`re right the TP light was on!
    It was on because I`ve put on the XLR V wheels a couple days before I took the pic. The TP valves from the 06 wheels didn`t match my car computer so I had to change the TP valves. it was done 3 days after this picture!!!!

Tire pressure was correct at this run!

Harry

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Great pics Harry. I see you got the fastest color.........of course.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Great looking car! Definitely the fastest color.

I'd love to see more pictures. What do the tail lights look like? Are the German spec tail lights any different from the standard "Euro" spec that we can purchase as an add-on here in the US? The reason I ask is that on all of the German cars I am familiar with, the brake lights are always off until the brake is pressed even if the headlights are on. There is a completely separate running light. There is never a case that I know of where the tail light would be a dim running light, and then brighten when the brake is pressed like happens with most American cars. On the German cars, there seems to always be a separate red brake light from the red running light, and I was wondering if Cadillac did the same thing for Germany or if it is even required.

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick View Post
    Great looking car! Definitely the fastest color.

I'd love to see more pictures. What do the tail lights look like? Are the German spec tail lights any different from the standard "Euro" spec that we can purchase as an add-on here in the US? The reason I ask is that on all of the German cars I am familiar with, the brake lights are always off until the brake is pressed even if the headlights are on. There is a completely separate running light. There is never a case that I know of where the tail light would be a dim running light, and then brighten when the brake is pressed like happens with most American cars. On the German cars, there seems to always be a separate red brake light from the red running light, and I was wondering if Cadillac did the same thing for Germany or if it is even required.
    dhemrick, it`s required in Germany to have a seperate brake light and all imported cars must have it. We also need a rear fog light which is right between the two tailpipes (also required). It sits right in there where`s the little mesh grille on the V.
    I think it`s the Euro-spec. taillights but here`s a pic of my STS, take a look!
    Don`t wonder because you see the V on my deck lid but when I bought it nobody could tell me if the V would be available as an export model here and that was why I have put them on. Took of the N* V8 sign and replaced it with the V.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...lr/Bild003.jpg

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Great pics Harry. I see you got the fastest color.........of course.
    Hi Kadonny, I think next week I`ll be able to show some pics of my real V

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.