Sylvania Silverstar Ultras
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in Cadillac V-Series Forums; just got done changing out the high beams and i thought i would share a few things. although the bumper ...
    BMBSALES is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1

Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

just got done changing out the high beams and i thought i would share a few things.

although the bumper doesn't have to come all the way off...it does not take a half hour per side as suggested on the sts forum. it's not that hard, but it takes longer than that. one would benefit a little from removing the wheels, but the inspection covers don't need to be removed fully, so really there's no need to remove wheels.

and i will note that the orig bulbs are 65w and the ultras are 60w. AND the ultras do not fit tight in the socket. the base is slightly thinner (the orig philips had three bumps on base that take up slack) and when the bulb is installed, it is as loose as can be. this is something i wish i had known, but i solved it by placing a hot soldering iron on the base to make a dimple and displace some plastic. this acted like the humps in the originals and made them tight.

they do seem whiter which matches lows better. they look good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

Re: Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Good to Know, Thanks!
    I assume yours went out and that is why you replaced them, how many miles do you have on the car?

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

which model SS did you use? As I recall the proper bulbs are 9005s.

F

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

Quote Originally Posted by VelocitySTSV View Post
    Good to Know, Thanks!
    I assume yours went out and that is why you replaced them, how many miles do you have on the car?
    if they went out woulndt that be a warranty issue? shoulndt last only a year.

BMBSALES is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1

Quote Originally Posted by VelocitySTSV View Post
    they actually didn't go out, i just drive home at night 1.5hrs while we're in dst so i wanted to try them. i put the fogs in a couple weeks ago, and everyone now flashes me high beams so i know they are brighter. figured i would give these a try...it only takes one deer...

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    which model SS did you use? As I recall the proper bulbs are 9005s.
    9005-SU2. they're on ebay for like $20 for the two as opposed to $50 in store

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.