Seriously Thinking of Buying a STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Seriously Thinking of Buying a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi guys, Went looking today. Took one out for a ride, blk/blk awsome car, plenty of torque, not bad at ...
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Seriously Thinking of Buying a STS-V

Hi guys,

Went looking today. Took one out for a ride, blk/blk awsome car, plenty of torque, not bad at all for only having a 3.23:1 rear gear!! Too bad the nav won't play movies once the car is moving.

Anyways... I have a few questions.

(1) What is a really good price for a used 2006 STS-V w/15,000m.

(2) What is a really good price for my 2004 CTS-V w/15,000m on trade in.

(3) Are there any incentives or deals going on that would benifit me at the moment. Thanks.

btw.. it is not certified.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Re: Seriously Thinking of Buying a STS-V

I just bought a 2006 STS-V with 7200mi on it for $44,900. This included the balance of the factory warranty (2.25 years) It was a local trade in on a Corvette at a local chevy dealer. The dealer was complaining about the discount he was giving me, but another dealer was asking $46,000 for one with about 12k on it and I don't think it was selling.

I don't think there are "incentives" for used cars. The "incentive" is that the STS-V is a sleeper that has not sold terribly well, likely due to the high asking price new and the almost nonexistant advertising, and I think it thus is not an easy used car for a dealer to unload. Nobody is looking for them 'cause nobody knows they exist. Heck, I'm a total car geek that's read ever Car & Driver for the last 10 years and even I had forgotten about it.

What do they make, 2500 a year and in my area (Seattle) Autotrader lists about 6 used ones at dealers. That's a high inventory for such a rare car--there are NO used 2006 or 2007 M5's or E63's in the listings. Plus, current gas prices have made it more difficult to sell any high hp, V8 car. (the autotrader also listed a ton of STR-8 dodges and chryslers--not big movers right now--the STR was not nearly as well done a package as the STS-V)

For me, the bottom line was that all the above factors added up to making the STS-V an absolute steal relative to its original asking price and the price (initial and in terms of long-term ownership costs) of its closest competitors.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

1. For comparison- Here's a local car with 6300 miles on it, Certified Pre-Owned, and they're asking 45,988.

http://www.sewell.com/VehicleDetail....ne=&BodyStyle=

2. Consult KBB, and NADA for trade in value based on the condition of your car, and then lowball yourself and that's probably what they'll offer. Depends upon how much they want to sell what they've got and how much they can deal on price(s)

3. Usually no such thing in the pre-owned world, unless they're trying to get rid of the car and are willing to stretch things a bit to make it happen. Make an honest offer and if they don't take it, keep looking. They're out there as you can see.

Hlod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 98´and 00´

I´am also interested to buy STS-V ..... but my dealer can´t import it yet
    I love this car

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Hi guys,

Went looking today. Took one out for a ride, blk/blk awsome car, plenty of torque, not bad at all for only having a 3.23:1 rear gear!! Too bad the nav won't play movies once the car is moving.

Anyways... I have a few questions.

(1) What is a really good price for a used 2006 STS-V w/15,000m.

(2) What is a really good price for my 2004 CTS-V w/15,000m on trade in.

(3) Are there any incentives or deals going on that would benifit me at the moment. Thanks.

btw.. it is not certified.
    A REALLY good price is 0.

2004CTSv is losing value as we speak...trade sooner than later.

Usually no incentive on specialty cars...never hurts to ask though....GM loyalty maybe?

F

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

^^ But....bbbut....the LS6 will be worth money some day because of it's exclusivity.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Make the jump, you won't be sorry.

pjbizjak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 07 STS w/1SG Pkg

Couple thoughts; If you live in a climate where it doesn't snow then OK. I would insist the dealer certify this car, certifing covers the car bumper to bumper for a full 6 years or 100,000 mi, and Cadillac repairs, if needed, are expensive. Certification will add $1000-$1500 to the price. My last three STS's wer all certified and the only thing I had to pay for are normal wear items like brakes, tires etc. Check on-line auto web sites for values also e-bay.

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I agree get it certified. The cost for the dealer is $1000, so most will charge you $2000 extra for the certification. That's about the same as an extended warranty, so if you have a choice but the best extended warranty there is. Only can be certified if you buy the car used from a gm dealer.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by adamhw View Post
    I agree get it certified. The cost for the dealer is $1000, so most will charge you $2000 extra for the certification. That's about the same as an extended warranty, so if you have a choice but the best extended warranty there is. Only can be certified if you buy the car used from a gm dealer.
    Actually, I got mine used from a GM delaer and he said he couldn't certify it. He said the car would have to be shipped to their sister Cadillac store in Florida to get certified. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I was told.

adamhw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Ya, the gm dealer has to have a cadilac service center to certify it. They pay 1k plus the cost of repairs, if not covered by warranty.

livingthedream is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am also looking to buy an STS-V in the next month or so.

Is there really any difference between (meaningful differences) between the 07 vs 08?

I would love to get a used 07, though I am in love with the hood and front fender vent on the 08.

I have an 05 CTS-V, LS6 and that will get to move from daily driver to a garaged classic (being presumptious but who cares?) for weekend cruising. The STS will be the daily driver.

What are the things to watch out for, what are the regular issues/problems with new ones?

I am moving to Dallas so will look to acquire it there.

Any guidance by forum members would be appreciated. I have learned so much from the CTS-V forum that I know there will be much to learn here also.

Thank you,

LivingtheDream
    "Turn the Key and Smile"

Dont know about you....but I by American ONLY.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by livingthedream View Post
    I am also looking to buy an STS-V in the next month or so.

Is there really any difference between (meaningful differences) between the 07 vs 08?

I would love to get a used 07, though I am in love with the hood and front fender vent on the 08.

I have an 05 CTS-V, LS6 and that will get to move from daily driver to a garaged classic (being presumptious but who cares?) for weekend cruising. The STS will be the daily driver.

What are the things to watch out for, what are the regular issues/problems with new ones?

I am moving to Dallas so will look to acquire it there.

Any guidance by forum members would be appreciated. I have learned so much from the CTS-V forum that I know there will be much to learn here also.

Thank you,

LivingtheDream
    "Turn the Key and Smile"

Dont know about you....but I by American ONLY.
    I hope you like it...I love mine.

The is no real difference in the years except for the '08 side vents,minor interior trim decor,differnt key fob, HUD and lane departure option. They all have the same hood.

The Nav is kida quirky to some, but make sure you have the update. The Stabilitrac/ABS nannies are pretty touchy and some are having issues with the differential leaking(not me). Otherwise it IS get in, push the button and smile.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

There is a rear axle seal recall. Some on the forum are complaining that the headlights fog up too much. Nobody much likes the Pirelli run flat's, which are expensive. Other than that, the STS-V seems pretty solid for something introduced so young in the STS model cycle. Since it's based on the CTS architecture, maybe GM had learned some lessons by the time the STS hit the streets.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

08 also has the blind spot warning vs the 07.

When you get to Dallas and are ready to look at them shoot me a PM and I'll point you toward a direction.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.