Do you all realize how well we got it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Do you all realize how well we got it? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I actually had the first problem on my car this past week. My seat motor took a crap and wouldn't ...
    Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Do you all realize how well we got it?

I actually had the first problem on my car this past week. My seat motor took a crap and wouldn't adjust to my settings, so I shipped it off to the dealer two days ago.

Anyway, long story short they gave me a Saab 93 to drive since they were out of Caddies. I know this rental is not comparable to the V in terms of features, but no kidding aside, this thing is a pile of sheit and I don't think it's a cheap car either. The doors are flimsy, the controls suck, the seats are brutally uncomfortable with few ways to adjust them, the car is loud and the 2.0t engine can't get out of it's way at low rpms.

All I know is I'll be giving my STS a big hug when I get her back (hopefully today). Do we realize how nice our cars really are? I now do and I dedicate this thread to spreading love to our cars.

Thank you, peace out brothas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Do you all realize how well we got it?

oh yeah...plus it seems like I get less hassle w/anything related to warranty or service issues. Just bring it in and they make it happen. Sometimes Id have to argue a point w/the CTSv...not the STSv...they just do it.

F

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    I actually had the first problem on my car this past week. My seat motor took a crap and wouldn't adjust to my settings, so I shipped it off to the dealer two days ago.

Anyway, long story short they gave me a Saab 93 to drive since they were out of Caddies. I know this rental is not comparable to the V in terms of features, but no kidding aside, this thing is a pile of sheit and I don't think it's a cheap car either. The doors are flimsy, the controls suck, the seats are brutally uncomfortable with few ways to adjust them, the car is loud and the 2.0t engine can't get out of it's way at low rpms.

All I know is I'll be giving my STS a big hug when I get her back (hopefully today). Do we realize how nice our cars really are? I now do and I dedicate this thread to spreading love to our cars.

Thank you, peace out brothas.
    TRU DAT!

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

How good are these cars?

I've had a 1993 BMW 750iL V12 for 11 years. About 4 years ago my wife and I were invited to this Lexus event in which we got to autocross (no kidding) the entire Lexus lineup plus the latest E and S class Mercedes and 7 and 5 series Bimmers. With the exception of the latest BMW 7, we left yawning and shrugging our shoulders, as none of those cars were any better than what we already had. The new 7 was a brilliant chassis shrouded under a technological/maintenance nightmare, so we passed.

The STS-V is the ONLY car we've ever driven that persuaded us to get rid of the 750.

How's that?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Our Cars Rock !

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

i still drive around with fogged up headlights....so that tells u how much i like this car. !! p.s. my friend took it for a spin and said that he even likes it better than his friends e55 and m6....not kidding..

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

The STS-V is hands down the best car I have ever owned and I have owned at least 25 cars in the last 7 years. My wife's 2007 Escalade is also hands down the best SUV we have ever owned. I am sticking with Cadillac for the rest of my life!

SG

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician

At the Cadi dealer I worked at in MO, we used to have in house loaner cars. We were a 5 badge dealer.
    Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac, GMC Truck and Buick.
    Our loaners were new (at the time) Grand Ams.
    When our Cadi customers would come in complaining about squeaks and rattles, we'd give them a Grand Am loaner for a few days then whether it was fixed or not they didn't complain anymore!

(we did fix them by the way, I just always thought it was funny)

Oh great, then I have a grand am to look forward to to fix my squeaky seat

So wait to you hear this. Yesterday here in the Northeast we were projected a snow/rain storm for the afternoon. I bring the POS Saab into work and hoped the storm would be mostly rain (as they predicted) and I would have no problems getting home.

Well, at 12:00 I got the call that the V was done. By 2:30 it was snowing pretty good but not sticking to the roads, so I headed out to get the V and take it home. My trip home was mostly freeway and I had no problem until.............I got home and off the freeway exit. I live in an area that always gets more snow, so I was just praying that they had salted/plowed. By that time I was crapping a brick. Here I am in my beautiful car with GSD3 tires in the middle of snow storm! Wrong thing to do. Anyway, I tried to make it go even up slight inclines with just a slightly snow covered road and she didn't want to go. Spinning horribly, even when at a stop (in drive). I gave up and coasted backwards onto a side street and parked her at the curb and called my wife to come pick me up (in her monster SUV and only about a mile from my house).

The V sat there fortunately unharmed (thank god to that) until late last night when the roads were cleared enough to hobble it home. Bullet dodged, I was lucky as hell.

So, moral of the story, I love my V, but it don't love even a little bit of snow. It's in the garage now for the rest of winter and I'll just drive my truck for the next 6 weeks. That experience was just too scary.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician

Here at Lindsay we have some much nicer loaner cars than the guy I worked for in Missouri.
    We use Enterprise but we also have some in house loaners. I think mostly CTS, and maybe some SRX.
    They are smarter here, they loan you the cars they want you to buy!

ewill - The local dealership has mostly all CTSs (06-07) loaners with a couple of SRXs and base STSs. I've gottten an STS once, all the rest have been CTSs.

Kadonny - anyone here running tires that handle the snow better ? Our wheels are so expensive I'm not sure if any up north would have an extra set to swap out.

CIWS, I believe someone was running the Advan S4s and maybe those new GY F-1 all seasons.

Still, the rear tires are so huge and the torque on the car so great I can even see moving in the snow even with all weather tires on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    CIWS, I believe someone was running the Advan S4s and maybe those new GY F-1 all seasons.
    I've been looking at various tires (knowing it will be coming soon enough) and the Advan will probably be the way I go. But the F1 All Seasons do not come in our stock rear size, best width is 255 in a 19. Which has got me wondering how much effect / different it would be to run 255s in the front and the rear as this opens up all kinds of possibilities for tires.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Kadonny,
    I have the Advan S4s on my V here in Chicago. I feel for your story, though, since the EXACT same thing happened to me last winter. Except I barely got out of the parking lot at work! Pull out, turn right, spin like a mother. Tried starting in 2nd and 3rd with the manual shift, and was able to nurse it home. It was the most stressful drive I have been in with the V. Took over 2 hours to do the normal 40 minute drive. That is when I vowed to get the second set of rims and tires.

I will say the S4's have considerably more traction then the crappy Pirellis did. Still not perfect, but manageable. I did have a bit of a slide last night - but I was changing lanes (where the plows don't go) and was on the gas, so the rear swung around and I almost got sideways. My own fault really, but since I have been driving in the snow for 30 years, the reflexes automatically righted the ship and I went on my merry way - careful not to change lanes through the slop anymore! Based on what you described, you could have made it home with the S4's. I also have the GSD3's - they are on the chromed rims tucked safely in the garage until late March or early April. I think the problem with the D3's is the compound - too stiff below 40F. Add the snow and you've got NO traction. Unless you want to get a second set of rims for the winter and put some Blizzaks or the S4's on, you are probably better off leaving it in the garage. Your cardiologist (and your wife/chauffer) will thank you.

Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.